[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Take a proverbial step back for a moment, and look at the situation.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6
File: 3MG9D53.jpg (166 KB, 811x944) Image search: [Google]
3MG9D53.jpg
166 KB, 811x944
Take a proverbial step back for a moment, and look at the situation. This... is a thing. King Kong versus Godzilla. People actually got together and decided, "despite this being quite possibly the most idiotic idea in the entire history of the world, we're going to make this. We... are going to make this HAPPEN."

King Kong versus Godzilla. Let that sink in. Are you shocked, yet? Are you stunned to your very core? Has your world become frighteningly-unstable with that revelation?

King Kong...... versus......Godzilla. I still can't grasp it. I am as unable to grasp it, as many Americans could not grasp the attacks on the World Trade Center. It is the unthinkable. It is the inconceivable (no Princess Bride jokes, please.) It is the impossible... and yet, there it is, for all to see, to attempt to comprehend, the incomprehensible.

King Kong versus Godzilla.

I, surely, am not the first to believe that Idiocracy has come true 500 years too-early.
>>
this was a perfect concept for an idiotic so-bad-it's-good 60s movie, but the remake they're planning is a terrible idea. this crossover can only work as a cheesy low budget flick that revels in its badness and has fun with it. trying to make a serious, big budget blockbuster out of it is the worst idea i've ever heard
>>
Have you even fucking seen it?
It's one of the best Godzilla films, thanks to production from Universal.
>hey let's combine two huge franchises and make a fuck ton of cash
>fag (you): "HAHA HOW FUCKING STUPID"
>>
>>71289066

>...
>.......
>.....
>........
>............

I'm sorry, but anything you say is immesurably stupider than whatever it is you're trying to make fun of.

People around the world have loved and enjoyed this movie since its release.

You, however, are loved and enjoyed by no one.
>>
It was a hugely successful cash grab.

Originally it wasn't going to include King Kong but there were conflicts with Frankenstein's Monster property.

Pretty fun movie, though not nearly as good as nostalgia blinds us into thinking.
>>
>>71290533
>People around the world have loved and enjoyed this movie since its release.
Nah, most have probably seen the shitty American reedit and hate on the movie based on that.
>>
>>71289066
I couldn't give less of a fucking shit how absurd it is.

This movie was basically my favorite monster movie as a little boy. It's not meant to be deep or have some greater commentary beyond America beats Japan.

It captures that special moment when you were a little kid and you took two very different toys and played with them together. Creating a nonsensical battle in your head between two deadly rivals that simply translated into you bashing the two toys together in order to replicate the battle in your head.

That's basically what this movie is. It's a childish dream come true.
>>
File: 1466211650350.jpg (18 KB, 333x333) Image search: [Google]
1466211650350.jpg
18 KB, 333x333
https://archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/Take%20a%20proverbial%20step%20back%20for%20a%20moment%2C%20and%20look%20at%20the%20situation/
>>
this movie was great, and you can fuck right off
>>
probably the best Godzilla has ever looked while this is the shittiest King Kong has ever looked. The moment Godzilla truly became King of the Monsters.
>>
>>71289066
Japanese version on blu ray when????
>>
File: king_kong_vs_godzilla_poster_02.jpg (379 KB, 1152x1600) Image search: [Google]
king_kong_vs_godzilla_poster_02.jpg
379 KB, 1152x1600
>>71289066
That's Classic Kino you stupid pleb.

Have you even seen the movie or did you just look at the shitty ass blu ray cover?

What has gone so wrong the state of graphic design?
>>
>>71293167
Only in Japan, anon. Only in Japan.
>>
File: pisson.jpg (77 KB, 1026x1090) Image search: [Google]
pisson.jpg
77 KB, 1026x1090
>>71289314
>Thinks King Kong vs Godzilla was low budget

What does the pleb say?

A ring ding ding ding ding da ding ring da ding ding ding da ding
>>
File: 1465761570258.jpg (19 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1465761570258.jpg
19 KB, 320x320
>>71292147
Oooooohhh

It's Pasta.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.