[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did this end up being better than Sherlock?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 01.jpg (99 KB, 620x450) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
99 KB, 620x450
How did this end up being better than Sherlock?
>>
It's not

Stopped watching after the middle of season 2..

>22 episodes a season

No thanks
>>
>>71274710
Because they totally re imagined the story instead of just trying to do the books.

Also lucy liu's legs.
>>
>>71274710
It's not

Season 1 M arc was really good and they have some occasionally good episodes like child predator and the AI one, but now all they seem to be doing is going

>hey guys remember Natalie Dormer
>here's a reason she might be returning soon
>just joking lol here's another meaningless episode with no connection to a greater coherent plot
>>
>>71274710
Several reasons, not the least of which being it has better writers. Also JLM is a better actor than Cucumber.
>>
>>71274710
If Sherlock had either stopped after season 2 or actually thought out what came after it wouldn't have been.

Last season of Elementary's finale was shit though
>>
is Lucy good as Watson?
does the chemistry work?
I havent watched it because of her

Also, best Sherlock on tv?
>>
>>71274710
The cases actually can be followed, rather then Sherlock where cucumber could be reading tea leaves and the shows would work the same
>how did this final cliffhanger work
>writers don't know
10/10 writing right there

I also personally think the acting is better
>>
>>71274710
it's not, americans are just dumb and can't enjoy UK tv.
>>
>>71275041
They fucked up by casting someone involved in GOT.
>>
>>71276802
I don't know about her being a better Watson than the hobbit guy but it works for this show most of the time.
>>
It turned into a shit show when they became rivals and when watson fugged mycroft
>>
>>71274710
>Having Watson be female but not in the least sexually interested in Sherlock and visa versa gave the show a very refreshing take on procedurals, where there's usually a lot of sexual tension between the main cast.
>Having Moriarty and Adler be the same person was a good twist which gave her and Sherlock a unique but interesting dynamic.
>They've had multiple seasons to build character, relationships and drama.
>Showing that Sherlock is genuinely damaged in several ways makes him more real than cartoony cucumberbuttle.

It's not the best show on TV, but it's a pretty good re-imagining of Sherlock Holmes.
>>
>>71274710
Sherlock became more predictable and it also became more focused on promoting BDSM.
>>
>>71277971
>watson fugged mycroft
U wot m8?
I'd watch it for that
>>
>>71274710

When I took a poop today it was a big one so I made sure to look at it for a good 10 seconds. That experience, with fecal matter wafting into my nostrils, was better than Sherlock.
>>
>>71277971
god that was so disgusting
>>
File: vlcsnap-00254.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-00254.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>71274710
More books. Comfy fireplaces.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_ml9goyFddu1qz4rgp.gif (106 KB, 300x180) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_ml9goyFddu1qz4rgp.gif
106 KB, 300x180
It's better written and Johnny Lee Miller is a terrific actor, seriously.
Sherlock's father was perfectly cast too.

Also, I really like how they show Sherlock constantly training and learning, he's not some magic "look I can predict the future because I say so" guy, he's naturally gifted but he actually works on his skills too, and having Watson pick some of that up was a nice touch
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.