[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Game of Thrones worth my time? I've only watched the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
Is Game of Thrones worth my time?
I've only watched the first couple of episodes so far and they seemed really dull and boring. It made me really confused about all the hype and praise surronding it. Does the show get better? Should I continue watching?
>>
>>71272381
Yeah it does. I still think vikings is a better written story though
>>
>>71272381
You shouldn't feel forced to continue watching a series just because it's popular. Chances are you won't like the rest of the series much more than you did the first couple of episodes. You're gonna set your expectations way too high for any movie/show if you listen to the hype surrounding , or if that's the only reason you're watching it in the first place.
>>
>>71272524
I mean the fantasy and kingdoms setting is really washed out at this point. It seemed really uninteresting to me.
I'm used to the fact that every show's pilot usually is the most interesting episode in the first season, because it sets the tone and events for the entire rest of it.
But idk, the pilot left me REALLY underwhelmed. So I thought the rest won't be any better.
>>
DUDE TITS AND FUCKING LMAO

NORMIES LOVE THAT SHIT
>>
>>71272524
This. But I found this series to be better than anything of recent. I only watched breaking bad cause it was popular and it was utter shit.
>>
>>71272381
Season 1 is the high point. Everything afterwards is pleb-pandering garbage.
>>
>>71272646
I loved breaking bad but especially for tv shows, I try to get into a series knowing as little as possible and setting my expectations as low as possible
>>
>>71272646
I actually really loved breaking bad and thought GoT was utter shit.
>>
>>71272381
yea its good. if you've ever liked harry potter, lord of the rings or skyrim you'll like GoT

I made the same mistake years ago, when it first came out I watched the first EP and thought it was dumb. but when you actually sit down and watch the show with an open mind you'll probably like it.
>>
File: bazinga.jpg (554 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
bazinga.jpg
554 KB, 1024x768
Don't waste your time OP. Watch The Big Bang Theory instead.
>>
>>71272381

The first season is legitimately great and is as perfect an adaptation of a book to TV series or movie as you will ever see. The casting is outstanding, the acting is exceptional, and the changes to the book to consolidate plot and characters all makes sense and serves the story.

Season 2 is a bit of a dip in quality because two actors were carrying Season 1 almost by themselves. They got offed and the show writers started getting further and further from the book plotline.

Season 3 is still OK. Season 4 crashes and fucking burns, though it does have one really great episode in Hardhome to commend it. Season 5 has been an unrelenting shitshow.

So basically, if you like the books stop after Season 2. If you're enjoying the show, prepare for a fucking roller coaster ride.
>>
>>71274047
Season 4? Hardhome?
Do you even watch the show?
>>
The first season and book for that matter is something you have to trudge through season 2 is where it gets going.
>>
>>71274047
We're on season 6. Which season was so bad you completely forgot it?
>>
>>71272619
If you don't like fantasy Kingdoms, you won't like this show. It's an unrepentant fantasy story through and through.
>>
>>71272381
S1-S4, not worth it after that.
>>
>>71272381
S3 > S2 > S4 > S1 > S5 > S6

You are welcome.
>>
>>71274173

The last ep gave me brain damage, it was that bad.
>>
First season is far and away the best, if you don't like that, then no, do not continue
>>
Test
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.