[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was the goal to make him as absolutely intolerable as possible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
Was the goal to make him as absolutely intolerable as possible in season 2? Because if so, they definitely pulled it off.
>>
>>71258021
Yes. Something about struggling between his faith to be good and joining a group of crazy nihilistic ninjas to bang a bitch. And he actually chooses the bitch.

I have a feeling Defenders is gonna full-on asshole DD.
>>
I realized that I didn't like anyone in the show as much as the Punisher, and he's one of my least favorite characters in the comics. Like seriously, what the FUCK did they do to the charactsrs?
>>
>>71258142
Matt is human garbage
Karen only has good scenes with Fronk
Foggy is just sort of there, you'd think he'd flip out like 5 times as hard as the first season but no
Punisher at least got me to care about his plot and also did nothing wrong, so he's de facto the best of this season
>>
>>71258021
Will they even attempt to fix the retarded looking mask of his?
>>
>>71258439
they already had the chance, and they chose not to, so my guess is no.
>>
>>71258021
I didn't watch season 1 but i watched most of season 2.

everything except punisher and fisk is terrible. should i watch season 1?
>>
File: foggy.jpg (40 KB, 600x707) Image search: [Google]
foggy.jpg
40 KB, 600x707
>>
>>71260134
It's better.

People only like Season 2 because of the Punisher scenes.

Season 1 has good scenes from every character, and Fisk is still the best villain the MCU has ever had.
>>
>>71260236
alright. ill watch season 1 then

fisk is awesome
>>
>>71260236
fisk's actor could play a mean judge from blood meridian
>>
>>71260134
If you like Fisk, then yes. He carries season 1 just like Frank did season 2.
>>
>season 1: realistic crime drama with some campy parts. evaluates the law, the limits of it, and what power can do to a man.

>season 2 episodes 1-4: a study on behavior and beliefs in society reflecting those in power, and how people with extremist values can be created due to this.
episodes 5-the end: DUDE MAGIC ZOMBIE ANCIENT JAPANESE NINJAS LMAO

who else /DROPPPED/ here?
>>
>>71260669
Not if they fix that with more realistic crime drama in Season 3, after The Defenders, but fat chanc that won't turn out like Iron Man 3 did, if you accept the analogy.
>>
Where the fuck did that clean up crew come from and why was it shot like it was POV when he's blind?
>>
His winces are so toothy and he looks like he's smiling
>>
>>71260792
He's blind only the the sense of his eyes. He can practically see better than us with the help of his other sense + the chemicals, so we see it from the perspective of the sorroundings.
>>
>>71258021

Does anyone else think season would have been better if there was more interaction between matt and the priest?

It felt like it forgot its themes halfway through and became generic towards the end.
>>
>>71260669

this show is written for children to sell 10 cent comic books....i thought for the material the director really hit it out of the park but played too heavy handed to murdock being a catholic and his inner turmoil.
>>
File: 1434060015073_zpszzj7nvtj.jpg (20 KB, 218x265) Image search: [Google]
1434060015073_zpszzj7nvtj.jpg
20 KB, 218x265
>>71258114
>>And he actually chooses the bitch.
>decides to leave everything behind(even Karen)to go with Elektra
>Elektra dies
>decides to call up Karen
>>
>>71260919
>too heavy handed to murdock being a catholic

This series is definitely not for you...
>>
>>71258021
>>71258277

Matt is supposed to be extremely self destructive.

He's like Peter Parker in that balancing his work and night life is a challenge, except whereas Peter finds himself alienating people accidentally (like always being late or not being able to commit to his promises), Matt actively chooses Daredevil over more important aspects of his life such as work and love. Unlike Peter, he doesn't have to ditch school/work out of necessity, he does it because he wants to.

Elektra brought that side out of him this season and they lost the Punisher trial because of it.

Now that Karen knows about Daredevil, is anyone else waiting for this bitch to get hooked on drugs and sell his identity to Fisk?
>>
>>71261205
The problem is that he's only one when it's convenient in the show.

Because remember, it's not murder if gravity or fire does the work for you.
>>
>>71260669
Outlandish elements are bound to crop up in capeshit. Overall it's being handled fine and is fitting the tone of the other episodes so I don't mind entirely. What does bother me is the weight that the show has given to fight sequences with people like low level mob goons and bikers where DD struggles through groups of them. The scenes are grueling and desperate. Then the ninjas pop up and by the end he is literally just breezing through these guys. Also the heartbeat issue was contrived nonsense. S1 DD was fully capable of noticing people by so many other factors and even in S2 he's able to properly gauge the density of fucking containers in a shipping yard. Not being able to detect ninjas based off of slowed heartbeats was retarded. Also for some reason the head ninja never bothered to slow his heartbeat in S1 or 2. For reasons.

I get stuck on hazy logic more than I do overarching themes maybe. A bit.
>>
>>71260919
Children don't read comic books, senpai.

Go to your local comic shop, and see how many kids you see. If there are any there at all, they'll be playing yu-gi-oh or something in corner.
>>
>>71261294
Yeah the powerlevel inconsistency is really annoying, but that's inherent to any type of capeshit or even animeshit like DBZ

daredevil is shown to be able to knock grown men out with one blow in the first episode. his reflexes and senses are honed enough so that he can mid-air deflect an arrow fired from a longbow a second after he realizes it is being notched.

so then how the hell does he get hit by anything? how does madame gao do a slow spin palm punch and not only hit him but send him flying across a room? how does does punisher of all people take a ton of punches and kicks to the head and abdomen FROM daredevil but still be able to not only HIT daredevil, but fuck him up a lot worse in a lot fewer hits than what he receives?
>>
>>71258021
Foggy was the real hero of season 2. He was probably the world's best friend, and did nothing but get shit on. Finally he steps up, calls Matt on his bullshit, nuts up the DA, and never falters his morality.

Foggy is essentially what Matt is in Miller's run without beating people up.
>>
>>71260919
>played too heavy handed to murdock being a catholic and his inner turmoil.

The priest only made one appearance in the whole series.
>>
>>71260236
Fisk is absolutely elder God tier as far as villains go, especially in season 2.
>>
>>71260919
>thinks comics are for children
>actually likes an adaptation that is dumber and more childish than the comics

Pathetic showing, Anonymous.
>>
>>71260669
I love that they went more into the fantastical elements, but the issue is the Hand have never been that great of badguys. When Matt's got enemies like Kingpin, Bullseye, Mr. Fear, and Gladiator, the Hand have always felt uninteresting in comparison.
>>
>>71261635
Agreed. I'm hoping they're establishing them and getting them out of the way early for Iron Fist's sake and we can go back to the better stuff quickly.
>>
>>71261267
Yeah, I'm hoping for a full Born Again arc.
>>
>>71261522
LIAR
>>
>>71261275
Yeah no shit. He kills people and has to repent his sins. It's about coming to terms with your faith and what must be done in reality.
>>
>>71262427
the quintessential catholic guilt hero
>>
>>71260669
>>71261543
this

God the first half of season 2 seemed promising, then it all fell apart, and it was only worth continuing due to the Punisher and having those additional Fisk scenes.

Fisk being in prison was actually great for season 2... I hope he returns in season 3 being a bigger threat than ever.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.