[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Find a flaw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: image.png (4 MB, 1350x2700) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4 MB, 1350x2700
Find a flaw
>>
You're a pretentious elitist faggot.
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 500x495) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 500x495
>>71257094
>Godard
>>
>Ozu
>Weerasethakul
>Koreeda
>Dreyer

>no Philippe Garrel
>no Lav Diaz
>no Kenji Mizoguchi
>no Josephine Decker
>no Alain Resnais
>no Jafar Panahi
>no James Gray

These are the flaws, OP. I suggest you redo your chart entirely.
>>
Platform and not The World.
Nouvelle Vague and not King Lear.
Ozu being there at all.
Night and Day and not Oki's Movie.

I like the Chantal Akerman and Marguerite Duras mentions but otherwise this list is pretty meh.
>>
>no Lethal Weapon
>disregard entire list

You have shit taste btw.
>>
Are any of these based on a comic book? I don't have the attention span to watch movies that aren't.
>>
>>71257567
Lethal Weapon isn't based on a comic but you should give it a try. It's got action and buddy quips. Plus it's definitive kino.
>>
I'd like to give an evil critique on your update, but
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 800x800
>>71257362
>I don't like Ozu
>I don't like Weerasethakul
>>
>no BvS

Trash
>>
File: not so rare pepe.jpg (39 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
not so rare pepe.jpg
39 KB, 900x900
>>71257094
They are all either old as fuck or foreign, go fuck yourself, I'm not watching that garbage, do you think I'm 90 years old or muslim or japanese or south american shitskin? Fuck off
>>
>>71257362
what's wrong with koreeda?
no resnais imo
but, garrel, diaz and mizoguchi totally should be in there, and szulkin and shimizu
>>71258473
kill yourself
>>
File: 34197.jpg (98 KB, 552x449) Image search: [Google]
34197.jpg
98 KB, 552x449
>>71257567
ez
>>
>>
i've seen
>peeping tom
>vampyr
>i was born but...
>cafe lumiere
>johnny guitar
>blissfully yours
>celene and julie go boating
>city girl
>india song
>still walking
and honestly they were all really good. i'm not sure they're the best each director has to offer though, and suspect they've been chosen specifically because they're less known than, for example, tokyo story or sunrise
>>
>>71260184
t. embryo
>>
>>71260184
The list is a meme. Whoever made it literally hasn't seen anything on it, and the dumb bastard that keeps spamming it (unsure if it is the same guy) hasn't either. Its whole purpose is to seem patrician to the uninitiated, and as you perfectly put it, has films that are specifically lesser known for exactly this reason.
>>
>>71260411
>The list is a meme
I can't stop laughing
>>
>>71257094
>>71257362
i havent seen any of them? im confirmed patrician right?
>>
>>71257094
>Godard
into the bin
You get some points for mentioning manoel de oliveira
>>
>>71257094
>image.png
there you go
>>
>>71260411
>The list is a meme. Whoever made it literally hasn't seen anything on it, and the dumb bastard that keeps spamming it (unsure if it is the same guy) hasn't either.
lol yes i have
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.