[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kino
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 256x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 256x350
ITT: movies /tv/ doesn't consider kino but most definitely are

Exhibit A: a tongue in cheek satire of the glorification of military service and ethos. The entire movie is set as a propaganda film from start to finish if you're paying attention. Where /tv/ just sees a mindless action flick
>>
It's bad tho.
>>
>>71250602
First of all, I don't think there is a person the planet that doesn't understand that ST is satire.
Secondly, you are a douchebag that thinks using memes like "kino" is funny.

/thread
>>
>movies /tv/ doesn't consider kino but most definitely are
/tv/ loves Starship Troopers. Where have you been?

> Where /tv/ just sees a mindless action flick
I'm pretty sure everyone and their grandmother can readily see that Starship Troopers is satire. It's laid on pretty thick desu.

>kino
Well that explains your ignorance.

>>71250671
You're bad.
>>
>>71250730
>I don't think there is a person the planet that doesn't understand that ST is satire.

Pretty much every critic failed to pick up on it entirely when it was first released. It's actually kind of amusing how hard they missed the point.
>>
>>71250743

>you're bad

Woah.

Too far anon. Too fucking far.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 500x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 500x240
>>71250602
Somehow people see this as a "white man saves everyone" when it was really a story of redemption and acceptance
>>
>>71250602
I liked it. Liked the book better though. The book has some interesting political philosophy that is lost in the film
>>
>>71250602
Starship Troopers works on so many levels, it's truly one of the greatest films of our time.

For the casual film fan it's nothing but a kill all the aliens action flick.

People who are more into films will see the satire.

And then patricians like myself and the rest of /tv/ will see the film for what it really is, an in universe propaganda film for The Federation.
>>
>>71250778

The legend in the Netherlands is that when Starship Troopers was released, Americans gobbled it up, loved the movie and its message, and stood up clapping at the end chanting USA - completely oblivious to the fact that Paul Verhoeven just called them Nazis. After a couple of weeks it started to dawn on then, which is when ticket sales dropped.
>>
>>71250857
Ken Watanabe was the last samurai.
>>
>>71250857
bullshit, it's a de-guilting of the American occupation of japan, which tried to make it look like
A. some Americans sided with the Japanese
and
B. that the "ordinary American soldier" respected the Japanese

it was a good film, don't get me wrong; but it's propaganda for sure
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.