[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
JUST
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: Penny-Dreadful-1.jpg (584 KB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
Penny-Dreadful-1.jpg
584 KB, 2560x1536
How did they fuck up so bad? Great characters, incredible cast, untouchable source material, but it never delivered on the promise it showed and ended in the most pathetic way possible.

I mean, the storytelling was jumpy at the best of times, but there were so many unexplored avenues and so much unfinished business that they could easily have redeemed themselves down the line.

Why would they cancel it?
>>
>>71233863

they tried to make a show about wizards and magic edgy and "mature". the market for capeshit and vampires aren't interested in that. they just want lighthearted quip action and romance.
>>
>>71233863
You honesty think a show based on all this public domain shit would actually have good writing? The show was a soap opera aimed at teenaged girls.
>>
>>71233863
I think the creator had no idea what to do with the show anymore so he just ended.

Also apparently the show was really about Vanessa finding peace and joy or something that's why he threw in so many other plotlines and characters unrelated to this peace finding journey.
>>
>>71233863
I'm fucking livid, OP. Never felt so let down by a show in a long while
>>
>>71234363
>soap opera aimed at teenaged girls
>Entire episode of Vanessa in the asylum
You're not entirely wrong, but it showed so much promise to be much more than that

>>71234521
Don't think he really had a plan in the first place. A lot of the S1&2 plot made no sense, and S3 was almost like he got bored of shooting halfway through and got everyone but Eva to go home.
>>
>>71234636
Glad I'm not the only one. Feel like the whole show was an elaborate ruse
>>
>>71234692
kept thinking maybe there was goign to be some surprise announcement of it being shopped to another network or such...

or a spinoff, i mean introducing Cat and all, jekyll went fucking NOWHERE.

what the fuck happened to this show
>>
>>71234639
Which plot in s1&2 didn't make you sense it been awhile since I watch them but I thought this show officially didn't go to shit until s3
>>
File: catriona.jpg (98 KB, 642x360) Image search: [Google]
catriona.jpg
98 KB, 642x360
How is she so perfect lads?

She even has qt gymnast hips.
>>
>>71235042
i would watch a spin off series of Vampire Hunter/Highlander Catriona
>>
>>71235129

I'll settle for a spin off series where Catriona does house chores for an hour desu.
>>
>>71233922
speak for youself anon.

>inb4 quips
>>
>>71235304
what about the adventures of Cat and Lyle?
>>
>>71235042

Has she ever been in any thing else?
>>
File: perdita-weeks.jpg (132 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
perdita-weeks.jpg
132 KB, 1280x720
>>71235523

Apparently she was in the Titanic miniseries, The Tudors (as Smirkfu's sister), and a bunch of random stuff I've never seen, based on IMDB.
>>
was considering picking this up for eva green

thank you for making my decision for me
>>
>>71234833
>what the fuck happened to this show

It was aimless and nonsensical even in season one.
>>
>>71235800
thing is S1 and S2 are fantastic, its the ending that really feels like such a let down
>>
>>71233863
literally 'guys we're cancelling the show but luckily production on the final episode hasn't started yet so come up with an ending by the end of the week' the finale
>>
>>71233863
>Best boy dies without ever really going into his background
>Waste a whole third of the last two seasons on plots that go nowhere with the most boring character
Fuck you, Grey.
>>
>>71238067
who is best boy?

proteus? or sembele? if so, i agree with either
>>
>Showtime
>>
File: Penny_dreadful_sembene_01.jpg (29 KB, 499x374) Image search: [Google]
Penny_dreadful_sembene_01.jpg
29 KB, 499x374
>>71238129
I was holding out hope he'd come back as an African Zombie or something. Hope was dead when the Indian dude showed up to replace him.
>>
File: timthumb.jpg (104 KB, 950x633) Image search: [Google]
timthumb.jpg
104 KB, 950x633
So what was he afraid of being outed as?
Being a Gay or Being a Jew?
>>
>>71238290
both.

if he was gay, he'd lose his wife's fortune

if jew, he'd be persecuted by the elite circles he ran in
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.