[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you indulge me for a while? I've watched a great movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: 1988They_Live_poster300.jpg (90 KB, 200x300) Image search: [Google]
1988They_Live_poster300.jpg
90 KB, 200x300
First of, thanks to the anons who hyped me to watch it yesterday. I've had this movie for a long while, but never took the time to watch it. Thanks for talking me into it.

Now excuse moi while I say everything great about this movie that you certainly already know:
>Edgy plot without edgy bullshit that would make it Reddit tier
>No pseudo-intelectualism during the film where they talk a lot of unnecessary shit
>Only one track in the whole movie because the setting is so consistent that there is no need for another tune
>No stupid exposition because Carpenter assumes his audience is not stupid
>One liners that work
>No soundtracks on fights and no quiping whatsoever
>No humour in the movie, but it's not dark either
>Those plot twists!
>That cut in the romance part
>Based black guy is not a token nigger and is actually the most believable character in the whole story, not wanting to have anything to do with the crazy psychotic killer with his glasses
>Gorgeous alley fight scene
>Kick ass. Buble gum.
>"Fuck you, critics" scene at the end
>That final shot scene

This is like Terminator, but better!

Recommend me my next Carpenter movie, please, based anons.
>>
Assault on Precinct 13 or The Thing if you've been living under a rock.
>>
For me, They Live has always been a movie where the whole is worth less than the sum of it's parts.

The movie's pacing is off, if you ask me. But there's plenty of great scenes strung along it.
>>
>>71232216
Thanks, anon. Believe or not, there is so much to catch up! Believe it or not, only watched the first two Terminators this years, haven't watched Die Hard yet, or any of the 80s movies. I've been watching the wrong generation of movies.
>>
>>71232228
I kind of agree with you.
>>
>>71232137
https://vimeo.com/112776990
>>
>>71232137
Would you have put on the glasses?
>>
>>71232772
If by glasses you mean pure ideology then *sniff* I would not, by God.
>>
>>71232137
>Recommend me my next Carpenter movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbi3Fosznck
>>
File: 1408021402569.png (198 KB, 526x396) Image search: [Google]
1408021402569.png
198 KB, 526x396
>>71232137
I love They Live. I might be bias because I love Roddy Piper and Keith David but it's really great.

Follow what >>71232216 said and also watch Big Trouble in Little China. Also, check out the two albums Carpenter has put out in the past year if you like his soundtracks.
>>
>>71232137
fuck the nigger, damn coward.

but yeah great movie bro. Go watch the thing and excape from.. the first one.
>>
>>71233053
>Just wants to protect his wife and kid
Easy to call someone a coward when you have nothing to lose. Nada had no family or job, he can take on the aliens with no repercussions.
>>
>>71232137
>No humour in the movie
the scene when they just fight so fucking hard was really funny thought
>>
>>71232835
>/tv/ poster attempts a meme beyond their intellect
>>
>>71233053
The dude had a family, and he was struggling to get by. He had too much to lose.
>>
>>71232754
This is fantastic.
>>
>>71233328
I'm glad somebody watched it.
>>
>>71232754
Impressive
>>
OP here.
>>71232754
>https://vimeo.com/112776990
Now I gotta watch this episode.
>>71232772
No way!
>Crazy guy who goes into a bank with a shotgun tells me to put some glasses on.
Might as well get inside a van with a puppy and candies.
>>
File: 911.jpg (62 KB, 772x960) Image search: [Google]
911.jpg
62 KB, 772x960
One theory..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVwKjGbz60k
>>
Can anyone link me to somewhere I can buy his style of sunglasses?
Thanks
>>
>>71233182
But it's not meant to be.

That just means your appreciate the absurd, not everyone gets this. To be honest, Carpenter's movies are unlikable unless you have this sense of humor, and if you do they're classics.
>>
>>71232137
>No humour in the movie

Wtf? You were off to a great start until you said this shit.
>>
huh really makes you
>>
File: 1455765008326.jpg (121 KB, 960x936) Image search: [Google]
1455765008326.jpg
121 KB, 960x936
>>71236125
really...really makes you what anon?
makes you what?
think?
cry?
yell?
shit?
poop?
JIZZ?
WHAT THE FUCK DOES IT END ANON? I NEED THE CONTINUATION DON'T LEAVE ME AT A CLIFFHANGER I NEED TO KNOW
>>
>>71232137
fantastic film. bought it on a whim for a fiver and loved it from the second it started. the score, the plot, the ridiculous dialogue and that over-the-top fight scene. KINO.
>>
https://youtu.be/_Jxm6JQDN98
>>
>>71232319
haven't watched Die Hard yet
why?
Best action movie ever.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.