[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
gogopowerranger!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
we are not in danger Power Rangers. WE ARE THE DANGER!
>>
>>71211848
So they definitely aren't keeping him in the tube then, right?
>>
>>71213839
Why would they not have him in the tube...?
>>
>>71213871
because you don't hire Bryan Cranson to be a floating disembodied head? Because it'd look stupid as fuck in a movie?
>>
>>71213906
>Cranston previously played voice roles in MMPR
>It worked fine in the last movie having a floaty head
>Implying an actor of his calibre can't look awesome as a disembodied head
>implying we can't see both a pre-tube Zordon and a Tubed Zordon in the same film
>>
>>71211848
Why was he in the tube again?
>>
>>71213963
I never really followed Power Rangers as a kid. Why is this guy a giant floating head?
>>
>>71213963
> Cranston previously played voice roles in MMPR
Yeah, on the TV show before he was famous.

> It worked fine in the last movie having a floaty head
You're really comparing that movie to the $$$$$ production they're making this time?

> Implying an actor of his calibre can't look awesome as a disembodied head
Sure but I'll say it again, that's going to be boring on screen.

> implying we can't see both a pre-tube Zordon and a Tubed Zordon in the same film
Yeah exactly, which is why I said they aren't keeping him in the tube.
>>
>>71213978
>>71213990

Trapped in another dimension, the tube allowed him to communicate. Later his spirit was present in the tube physically.
>>
>>71213990
>>71213978
Ummmm something about using all his power to defeat a bad guy and this keeps him alive or something absurd
>>
Realistically, what are the odds of this movie not being total shit?
>>
In during Obligatory "ALPHA WE NEED TO COOK" joke.
>>
>>71213991
>hurrr durr its beneath him now
Which is why he came back?

>Hurrr durrr that looked dumb then and it'll look dumb now
Subjective.

>I'll say again, it will be boring
That's the first time you said boring, but I'm sure there's no way they could possibly make a giant alien being loom awe inspiring through music, lighting etc. No way.

>Aren't keeping him
The possibility of seeing him pre tube exists, but seeing him in tube is iconic. Doe the suits trigger you too? Was that too silly...?
>>
>>71214012
Slim. I'm shocked they decided to put money into this. Nobody asked for it. Nobody watches it. Are they counting on nostalgia dollars?
>>
>>71211848
help me gamemaster, im stuck on sonic 2 innit
>>
>>71214057
Combination of nostalgia dollars, super hero hype and of course China.
>>
File: david-fielding-zordon.png (198 KB, 500x298) Image search: [Google]
david-fielding-zordon.png
198 KB, 500x298
I always hated zordons fat fucking face.
>>
>>71214212
>of course China
Based. I have a hunch this movie will look better than every flat piece of capeshit this board praises.
>>
>>71214057

>Nobody watches it. Are they counting on nostalgia dollars?

Power Rangers is still very much alive and airing.
>>
>>71214254
True. Cranston's face actually looks like it could portray an ancient interplanetary warrior wizard. Rather than chubby tube dude.
>>71214263
Its definitely going to look unique. Unless you buy I to the deep comments that the suits look too iron man.
>>
>>71214057
I still watch power rangers. Its so fucking cheesy but enjoyable. Will be interesting to see a hollyword version
>>
>>71214288
>>71214299
OK so obviously *some* basement dwellers watch it.

But look around, where is all the talk about it? Where is it in pop culture?
>>
>>71214349

>But look around, where is all the talk about it?

on /m/, they have a Power Rangers General, same reason no one here discusses Kamen Rider movies or the TV series.

When the trailer drops there will be more threads properly.
>>
>>71214349
Online.

The marketing hasn't started yet to real Normie's levels.

>Where is it in pop culture?!
Because the fact Starlord, Vin Treesil and Cyber Coon were unknowns was a real issue.
>>
>>71214377

> /m/

Precisely my point.
>>
>>71214393

> Comparing establish and proven Marvel film continuity using a team of very well known names vs a New IP with a team of unknowns

Let me know how that works out for you
>>
>>71214396
You have no point.
>This movie is only talked about by nerds online before the trailer drops
Describes pretty much all movies.
>>
>>71214422
>GOTG
>Very Well Known
Not before the movie released you numpty.
>>
>>71213990
>I never really followed Power Rangers as a kid.

Then you have no childhood. You're too out of touch, it's hopeless. Go live in a cave please.
>>
>>71214377
/krg/ will fit here perfectly. Mods please move them to /tv/.
>>
>>71213991
>You're really comparing that movie to the $$$$$ production they're making this time?
That was a big budget movie for the time. Cranston is the only thing about this film that conveys a decent budget to me. Banks is on the wrong side of 40 and making shitty Old Navy commercials these days, so she probably came cheap. The Rangers themselves are all literal who's.
>>
>>71214212
>China
im not sure about that. Last time I checked Super Sentai/Power Rangers didnt even air over there.
>>
>>71214443
Not the characters, the actors:

Chris Pratt
Zoe Saldana
Vin Diesel
Bradly Cooper
Batista (unknown outside WWE)

vs

Becky G (unknown outside teen music
?
?
?
?

Oh but what about the others, anon? MMPR has Banks and Cranston! Well GOTG had Glenn Close and that dude from Step Brothers

>>71214529
Yeah it was buxs back then, but it was also during the heyday of the show. Now not so much. and doesn't the same studio that made Hunger Games make MMPR? Probably some sort of contractual discount thing to get Banks.
>>
>>71214539
I can't say for sure on that score fellow W fan, but I do know they have their own Sentai-Like series. Can't remember a damn thing about it beyond it being based on the five elements and there was a space station.
>>
>>71214550

>Starring Meme Actor From Meme Series
>By The Makers of Godzilla and Hunger Games

Literally all it needs.
>>
>>71214559
my nigga.
I believe the show was called Armor Hero and it was rad as hell.
>>
>>71214609
That's the one! I need to go back and rewatch that.
>>
>>71214629
Ive seen assorted fight scenes from that show, and it was pretty well done imo. nice costumes as well.
>>
>>71214744
Thank you for reminding me of its name, I'm off to find a stream.
>>
>>71214795
no problem riderbro
>>
>>71214480
Power Rangers was the shittiest show I ever saw as a kid, and knowing that it's misappropriation of sentai shows just makes it even dumber.
>>
>>71214826
you should watch some sentai if you havent already. Id suggest going the easy route and watching Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger, which was adapted into the OG rangers.
its a whole different beast compared to MMPR.
>>
>>71211848
>Slizard became Zordon

Pottery
>>
File: wye3uEp.jpg (15 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
wye3uEp.jpg
15 KB, 400x225
He was decent in the movie
>>
>>71215117
this scene amd everything involving ivan ooze made that movie great
>>
>>71211848
I can't believe he was cast as Zordon. My childhood is being ruined.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.