[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you guys hyped for this? I have reached maximum hype levels.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: captain underpants.jpg (188 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
captain underpants.jpg
188 KB, 1080x1920
Are you guys hyped for this? I have reached maximum hype levels. Let's just hope it isn't trash.
>>
Some of the casting:

Kevin Hart ... George Beard (voice)

Thomas Middleditch ...Harold Hutchins (voice)

Nick Kroll ... Professor Poopypants (voice)

Ed Helms ... Mr. Krupp / Captain Underpants (voice)

Jordan Peele ... Melvin (voice)

Nancy Cartwright ... Evil George / Evil Harold (voice)
>>
File: image.jpg (202 KB, 625x885) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
202 KB, 625x885
Are they going to have the ending where Harold comes out of the closet and meets his wife's son?
>>
File: 57117b4f4b559.jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
57117b4f4b559.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
>You will never be a child reading the books for the first time
>You will never find out on your 8th birthday that the movie is coming out
>You will never watch this movie devoid of adult cynicism; full of childsh wonder

RAAAAAGGGHHHH I WANNA GO BACK I DON'T WANNA DO THIS ANYMOORRREEE
>>
>>71191565
Boo on this casting, other than Middleditch as Harold and Nancy Cartwright as Evil George/Harold. Hart, Kroll and Helms should stay away.
>>
>>71191579
When did that happen?
>>
>>71191721
I'm not gonna let the cynic in me out. I'm going to try and enjoy this the most I can.
>>
>Are you hyped for this
now I am, yea
>I have reached maximum hype levels
yea I hope I'll ge there too
>Let's just hope it isn't trash
It won't be. After this, kids movies will be about things kids will find funny instead of weird allegorical homonculi for adult ideas.
>>
File: 1465338839756.jpg (24 KB, 302x216) Image search: [Google]
1465338839756.jpg
24 KB, 302x216
>>71191579
Why on earth did they pick captain underpants as a platform for this kind of thing.
>>
Holy shit I never even knew this was a thing

>kevin hart
>jordan peele
well the hype is gone now
>>
File: af.jpg (35 KB, 613x380) Image search: [Google]
af.jpg
35 KB, 613x380
Reminder that we've been waiting 15 years for the Artemis Fowl film
>>
>>71192663
Hope it never happens. The majority of the teen novel movies have been shit, and the ones that weren't suffered endless problems.
>>
>>71192663
No one's been waiting for it. Artemis Fowl was shit.
>>
>>71192736
Jewstein is allegedly doing it, since fucking 2011 or something. Shit is DOA

>>71192753
Everything before that book with the alien limbo shit was decent
>>
>Two mischievous kids hypnotize their mean high school principal and turn him into their comic book creation, the kind-hearted and elastic-banded Captain Underpants.

sounds cute desu famballs
>>
>>71191579
Can you provide a nigga with some context here what's going and why ??

How did we get there??
>>
>>71192753
Better that Harry Shitter
>>
>>71191525
hory sheet I haven't read one of these in a decade
>>
Gona see some kick ass action scenes like the pages you had to slip in the book
>>
>>71192663
>we will N E V E R get JK Simmons or Danny Devito as Beetroot
>Asa Butterfield's too old to do Artemis
>Dakota Fanning's too old to play Juliet

IT FUCKING HURTS
>>
>>71191525
Are they doing that shit Peanuts Movie style?

If so I'm hype.
>>
>action sequence
>60's batman music plays
>WHALLOP!
>POW!
>ZIFF!
fuck I'm hype
>>
>>71191579

George's wife was originally Harolds, but George cucked him so bad he became a sissy and got remarried to a man. Both the kids they're raising are George's. This is actually Canon.
>>
>>71192663
Oh fuck dude holly short in the graphic novel has the haircut of all my former girlfriends. Shits cash man
>>
I guess it's cool for nostalgia but it's a kid's movie, I'll watch some clips on youtube maybe, not spending 90 minutes on it.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.