[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Villain is evil for the sake of being evil
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: father.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
father.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>Villain is evil for the sake of being evil
>>
File: image.jpg (293 KB, 1529x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
293 KB, 1529x1200
>>71176766

I love that trope too anon.
>>
>>71176833
Is Palpatine evil because it's fun though? Doesn't he genuinely believe that the galaxy would be better off under his (sith) rule?
>good and evil are a manner of perspective
>>
File: 1443541340546.jpg (93 KB, 828x559) Image search: [Google]
1443541340546.jpg
93 KB, 828x559
>>71176766
>Villians and co. always has "le bad face" on
>>
I don't mind this as long as they are truly, deeply malevolent and not just a caricature of evil with a European accent and a fondness for fine things, etc. If they are not Literally Satan then I prefer a villain that is relatable with human flaws, or "wants" to be caught, etc.
>>
File: sheeving.jpg (15 KB, 319x308) Image search: [Google]
sheeving.jpg
15 KB, 319x308
>>71176833
>>71178141
Of course he does.

Even his "MUAHAHAHA ABSOLUTE POWER" shtick is logically explained by the nature of the Force - strong emotions fuel the Dark Side, so a Sith can genuinely become more powerful by hamming it up.
>>
>the "good guys" are the ones that backstab the "bad guys" in a fair deal.
Most apparent use of this is Supernatural. Those main characters are fucking assholes when it comes to making a deal.
>>
>>71176833
>>71178141

In the EU, it's revealed that Sidious was preparing for the Yuuzhan Vong invasion by creating the Empire. Wiping out the Jedi was just a bonus because he's a Sith and fucking hates all the Jedi.

I'm not quite sure what his reason (aside from wiping out the Jedi) in the new canon was.
>>
>>71178433

Morgana in Merlin was so guilty of this. The camera would always cut to her evilly smirking.
>>
File: Mayr_(Buffy).jpg (195 KB, 500x644) Image search: [Google]
Mayr_(Buffy).jpg
195 KB, 500x644
But some of the best villains on tv and film are evil for the sake of just enjoying being evil.
>>
>>71176833
sith read nietzsche

that's their motivation
>>
>>71176766
That's when you know the film in question is a piece of propaganda.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.