[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This ruined the lore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: latest.png (801 KB, 1473x816) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
801 KB, 1473x816
>―Qui-Gon Jinn, to Anakin Skywalker[src] Midi-chlorians were intelligent microscopic life forms that lived symbiotically inside the cells of all living things. When present in sufficient numbers, they could allow their host to detect the pervasive energy field known as the Force.

Prequels are shit.
>>
>>71158984

What a fresh, hot take. Is it 1999 already?
>>
>>71159018
I wish it was 1999. The glory of the early 2000's will soon be upon us, and I can invent facebook a year before Zuckerberg does and make billions.
>>
File: crazygods.jpg (38 KB, 198x230) Image search: [Google]
crazygods.jpg
38 KB, 198x230
>>71158984
Clearly midichlorians are just the seeds/spores of the Disney force creating Yggdrasil bullshit
>>
What's Anakin's power level?
>>
>>71161429
and here i thought it was completely ripped off from parasite eve's plot

>mitochondria achieves conciensness=midichlorians

now all they have to do is go one step further and have the midichlorians take over a host like say, one dark and one light side as avatars of the force
>>
>>71158984
You can't blame George. He had no way of knowing how bad the backlash would be. He had no way of knowing how big of a fit the nerds (and only the nerds) would throw for the next 5000 years because they have nothing better to do with their lives.
>>
>>71158984
How did it ruin the lore?
>>
>>71161598
No I'm pretty sure that anyone with half a brain could see that turning a mystical energy that some people are more in tune with into Space Diabetes was fucking stupid
>>
>>71161648
People don't like science
>>
>>71161749
>Complaining about a fictional universe isn't pathetic at all
>>
File: kek.gif (869 KB, 300x164) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
869 KB, 300x164
>>71161749
At least George tried to do something new with the series instead of just replacing Luke with a Mary Sue and rehashing the first movie.
>>
>>71158984

You think there is a black market for midichlorians? I imagine criminal organizations harvesting from force-sensitive younglings and selling midichlorians to those that pay the exorbitant fee.
>>
>>71161749
and it was never mentioned again after.

Why dont you go spend your time doing some thing productive and in the realm of real life instead of stupid shit that doesnt matter?
>>
>>71161997

midichlorians can't be implanted in a non-Force sensitive and they'll survive.
>>
>>71158984
I really hope that at some point during this trilogy Luke will say something like "Ah yes, old Ben's master Qui-Gon and his crazy theories about supposed 'midi-chlorians'" before winking at the camera.

Really though you can just ignore the first flick entirely and it doesn't affect the story at all.
>>
>>71162190
Nah, TFA did the right thing by pretending that the prequels don't even exist
>>
File: man or woman.jpg (15 KB, 187x287) Image search: [Google]
man or woman.jpg
15 KB, 187x287
>>71162213
If TFA came out instead of TPM then people would've called it out for being the unoriginal trash that it is.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.