[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you fix Viacom?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1u6lar-aust-9.jpg (74 KB, 548x558) Image search: [Google]
1u6lar-aust-9.jpg
74 KB, 548x558
Most of the Viacom channels have fallen on hard times, most of their series replaced by reality shows or reruns. Most want to sit around and reminisce about how things were going so great in the 90's with flashback shows, callbacks, and reboots.

What can be done to fix this?
>>
>have liz gillies, victoria justice, and ariana grande on the same show
>cancel it

they deserve extinction
>>
They might not be fixable. Their target demographic is rapidly losing interest in television altogether. I know CC and MTV have started creating content specifically for platforms like vine and snapchat, but the fact remains every year fewer and fewer kids are interested in just sitting and watching something they can't talk to or can talk back to them or easily share with their friends.
>>
Im still pissed MTV canceled Awkward. I loved that show, guilty pleasure or not.
>>
> most of their series replaced by reality shows or reruns.

I think you are confused. They didn't do this because they are on hard times. They are on hard times because they did this.
>>
>>71157784

Nuke it from orbit
>>
SPIKE was decent. Now they just plat Cops and commercials every 2 minutes.
>>
>DreamWorks
SOME
>>
>>71157943
Why couldn't they have just given it a real ending?
>>
>>71158191
last time I remember Spike being decent was 2005-ish?

Then it was nothing but star trek reruns, then cops reruns, now it's a weird mix of Lord of the Rings replaying all day and night or Star Wars replaying all day and night.
>>
>>71158191
>>71158595

It's sad remembering a time when SPIKE tried. Back when they had lots of original programming and even pushed an animation block. Yea it brought the world the shittiest incarnation of Ren and Stimpy but it was still cool that they genuinely tried with animation.
>>
>>71157784
Comedy Central is still hanging in there, even if it is by days long blocks of South Park.

Dreamworks is gone, ad VH1 seriously needs to rename the channel. Mtv too.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.