[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
thoughts on Conjuring 2?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9
Its about on par with the first one. Main story I felt was pretty average for a haunted house/possession movie. James Wan knows how to do some creepy stuff but I find this series and Insidious relies too much on jump scares and loud sounds.

The demon nun in the painting scene was absolutely terrifying (but went on too long) and the crooked man was creepy (especially the dog scene) but felt like it belonged in a different movie.
>>
I was sweating during the painting scene.

Valac was well done. Bill and the Crooked Man were weak.

It was a great movie but the first one was better because the spoopy ghost had more screentime
>>
File: Untitled.png (463 KB, 868x519) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
463 KB, 868x519
Also I really liked the Amityville opening.

The Nun is getting a spin-off film but Im not too excited about that. Annabelle was the scariest part of the first Conjuring but the movie was awful and not creepy in the slightest.
>>
Pretty lame. Tame enough to please average audiences I guess. And sixteen year old girls who say it's soo scary.

Otherwise it felt devoid of creativity. Mostly just a repeat of the first without any look into characters or interesting ways to tackle possession.
>>
the crooky man was enough they didn't need a demon ghost connected to the main characters
>>
What are the best horror movies from the last 5 years or so?
>>
File: 1409416684804.jpg (47 KB, 463x494) Image search: [Google]
1409416684804.jpg
47 KB, 463x494
http://www.aol.com/article/2016/06/19/man-in-india-reportedly-dies-while-watching-the-conjuring-2/21398154/
>>
>>71154520
I really am not suprised someone died. James Wan reportedly added a scene where one of the main characters takes a shit in the toilet for the Indian version of the film.
>>
>>71154104
ANy good streaming?
>>
Really good surprisingly. A lot better than the first one too.

Valak was respectfully terrifying.

They did this really clever thing with the camera focus where you can't fully see whats going on or what something is.
>>
Valak > Bathsheba > Bill > Crooked Man
>>
File: ray liotta goodfellas laughing.jpg (80 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
ray liotta goodfellas laughing.jpg
80 KB, 960x720
>>71154600
>>
Fun horror movie.

Nothing groundbreaking but worth watching imo

Painting scene and the chair remote scene were the scariest.
>>
>>71154104
Based Wan is pretty much confirming himself as some sort of new horror master. Movie was pretty good.

There's the standard acclaim, great directing, creative ideas to save a genre that's becomming really tired and played out with nowhere left to go, etc...

But what's really interesting is how it works characters surprisingly well for american horror, what I mean by that is that they aren't shit. Every character has goes through a little arc that's simple and well written.

Lastly, I think it smartly handled the Enfield controversy, by having the Warrens themselves being skeptical of it all through the majority of the movie.

The pro-family message was a nice surprise as well.

Overral, just a pretty good, competent horror movie.
>>
I enjoyed it.

Pretty spooky compared to the first one but I found Bathsheba way more frightening. I find the "old hag" trope terrifying! I nearly shit myself watching the scene in the first one were Bathsheba jumps off from the walk in closet.
>>
Why didn't Valak just kill the family by getting a bunch of knives and throwing it at the bong and Warrens?

How or why did Valak go from the house in America to Bong land?
>>
>>71155028
While Im not a huge fan of his plotting, I think on a technical level Wan is a modern horror master. The way he conditions the audience throughout his movies only to break that conditioning, the way he builds suspense, etc… are all top notch.

The nun painting scene and dog becoming crooked man are perfect examples.
>>
I was pleasantly surprised. It was the first movie in a while where jump scares actually got me. I thought the possessed girl was a great actor, and the nun was fucking creepy.
>>
>>71154104
Really liked it except for
>Crooked man was too CGI
>the first one had a very creepy atmosphere that remained consistent throughout whereas this one was "build up, build up, loud bang, jump scare, relax for 10 mins"
>Nun demon story felt forced
>opening, while good wasn't as strong as the Annabelle one
The acting from the girl playing Janet was absolutely fantastic though.
>>
>>71154600
BASED
A
S
E
D
D

ASD
AS
D
ASD
ASD
VB

DCF
G
>>
>>71154200
Agreed, Bill was slightly creepy but constantly showing him full view so early and the cheesy voice killed it a bit. Although the "MY HOUSE!" bit next to the TV made my mate scream. I try to forget the Crooked Man happened.
>>
>>71154257
It definitely had all the "James Wan haunted house movie" tropes. He doesn't necessarily need to rethink his style, just improve it.
>>
>>71157756
>Nun demon story felt forced

Well the whole Nun thing wasn't add until the reshoots as Wan wanted more monsters.

>>71157793
I couldn't take Bill seriously because he just came across as a grumpy old man - wanting to watch his show etc…
>>
>>71154753
Valak painting scene was good, but was it better than the wardrobe jump scare from the first one?
>>
How does it tie into the James Wan universe/timeline?
>>
>>71157862
Problem is, Bill Wilkins WAS the Enfield Poltergeist (well, allegedly) so they were obliged to add him in. Shame he just didn't work that well.
>>
The next two Conjuring spin-off's
The Nun (no director attached)
>David Leslie Johnson, who co-wrote Conjuring 2 (and is working on A Nightmare On Elm Street for New Line), has been hired to pen what is being titled The Nun, reports THR. James Wan, who directed the Conjuring movies, and Peter Safran, who produced them, are reuniting to produce the spinoff.

Annabelle 2 (Dir. David F. Sandberg - Light's Out)
>A dollmaker and his wife who, 20 years after the tragic death of their little girl, welcome a nun and several girls from a shuttered orphanage into their home. Soon, however, the nun and the girls become the target of the dollmaker’s possessed creation, Annabelle.
>According to Sandberg: it’s not a continuation of the first film. That’s one of the many things that enticed me with the project, that it’s new story. Also the setting and the time period of this one is perfect for a horror movie. The script is really good and I think that this is a sequel that will actually be better than the original. The ‘Godfather II’ of creepy doll movies as I like to call it.

Thoughts?
>>
>>71154520
>watching the horror flick
I thought it was kino
>>
File: pajeet posters on g.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
pajeet posters on g.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>71154600
I don't get it.
>>
It was better than I thought it would be, but I wouldn't call it great. The possessed girl was cute though.
>>
He does tend to rely on jump scares, but he's actually really good at them so I can't fault him for it.

My entire theater was frozen in fear during the scene where the kid's firetruck comes back to him, and the painting scene.
>>
>>71154104
it was ok. had some spoopy moments but overall nothing special or memorable
>>
Wan sucks. Worse than Ti West.
>>
>>71154104
It was a 7.5/10, not as good as the first movie but it was better than I thought it would be. It relied a bit too much on jump scares but Wan really knows how to create a creepy atmosphere.
>>
>>71154104
Janet was such a qt
>>
>>71154104
jump scares tend to get predictable and it kills the film. Also it was too long and they added unnecessary stuff hence the length.

tbqh Conjuring 2 was worse than the original, and Conjuring is worse than Insidious and Insidious is worse than Sinister
>>
>>71154104

i enjoyed it

i've been enjoying a lot of things more since i quit smoking weed... man fuck that fucking bullshit

the nun scene was fucked, holy shit
>>
>>71161988
Sinister was worse than all of them.
>let's make a movie about a guy that watches murders of families on videos, then the same thing happens to him and his family. The end
There was literally nothing else to it
>>
>>71161988
The Conjuring > The Conjuring 2 > Insidious > Sinister
>>
i want to fuck vera
>>
the painting scene was so top fucking kino man until he rushed at vera that was pretty fucking retarded desu

>>71162785
we all do anon
>>
>>71155483
>Why didn't Valak just kill the family by getting a bunch of knives and throwing it at the bong and Warrens?
Demons don't want to kill you, they want you to kill yourself or to get you kill others so that they get the victims souls. This was more or less established in Annabelle.
>How or why did Valak go from the house in America to Bong land?
Not sure, but I think he was never really in clapistan in the first place. He was connected to Lorraine because of her vision of Ed dying.
>>
Almost fell asleep during this film. The part with the nun painting was pretty good, though.
>>
I felt cool because I noticed that in a couple of the early scenes of the Warrens in their house, cutesy magnet letters and letters on the bookshelf spelled out 'VALAK' before they even knew the nun was a demon

p cool of Wan to stick that in there
>>
I liked that the movie kept subverting horror movie cliches.

Kids see a ghost and tell their incredulous parents, only for nothing further to happen until some other day? Nope, ghost keeps acting up. Cops investigate and nothing strange happens while they're on-site? Nope, ghost shows itself to the cops too. Kids being interviewed on camera about the haunting but nothing happens? Nope, the ghost shows itself during the filming.

The actual events weren't that scary but the movie kept me on my toes not entirely sure what was going to happen like 99% of Hollywood "horror". A moving chair isn't that big of a deal but it really did catch me offguard when it happened in front of the cops.
>>
File: 1413703158651.png (415 KB, 551x550) Image search: [Google]
1413703158651.png
415 KB, 551x550
>>71154104
>being scared by movies
how old are you faggots?
5?
>>
File: 1453488050333.jpg (44 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1453488050333.jpg
44 KB, 480x360
Why did this fall into teh same trap as Sinister 2?

>instead of slowly introducing the big bad, it's introduced almost immediately since the audience already saw the first movie. Virtually no tension
>sequel spends a decent portion expanding the film's lore by having either extensive flashbacks or tons of exposition
>big bad and other spooks get prominent screentime front and center instead of being in the peripherals
>sequel still resolves itself in a similar but rushed fashion since the haunting/spooky part gets pushed back for the above mentioned reasons and needs quick resolution

It's a bummer how stupid the crooked man nursery rhyme and later cgi vomit was. The clapping scene in the first Conjuring is one of the best single horror scenes I've seen in a long ass time.
>>
>>71164327

oh, you're one of *those*.

you understand thats the point, right? your peener won't fall off if you enjoy a horror movie.

i won't say you're 5 but i do think you're projecting a bit, its very common for teenaged boys to feel they cannot show any "weakness". go to any amusement park and you'll hear some 14 year old talking about how some roller coaster didnt thrill him at all. Which is too bad for him because thats what its supposed to do, give in to the experience instead of putting all energy into the forward shields.
>>
Ghostwatch was better.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xxmlky_ghostwatch-part-1_shortfilms
>>
is Insidious 3 any good? I enjoyed the first two enough to want to see it but I dont want to waste my time if its shit
>>
>>71164646
If you enjoyed the first 2 you'll enjoy the 3rd. Its a prequel so it sets up some stuff in 1 and 2. Not as good as the first but I recall enjoying it slightly more than the 2nd.
>>
i feel like the movie started off pretty good with the toy train scene and the scene with the poster on the wall, but i couldnt help but feel pretty unsatisfied with the last half of the movie turning into your usual loud, le scary monster face, cgi shitfest
6/10
>>
File: image.jpg (125 KB, 479x719) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125 KB, 479x719
The older sister is qt as fuck
>>
>>71154512
House of the Devil is up there
>>
>>71157879
The painting scene was better IMO but not by much
>>
Has anyone downloaded the TC that is out? Is it watchable? love me some spooky
>>
>>71154104
The nun and the guy from the toy were pretty neat visually. Entertaining film
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.