[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It wasn't that bad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: Alien_three_ver1_xlg.png (615 KB, 814x1078) Image search: [Google]
Alien_three_ver1_xlg.png
615 KB, 814x1078
It wasn't that bad
>>
>>71148968
yeah it was
>>
File: alien-534584f0a116b.jpg (366 KB, 1000x1426) Image search: [Google]
alien-534584f0a116b.jpg
366 KB, 1000x1426
>>71148968
Theatrical Cut is. Not the Blu-ray disc version of the Special "Assembly" Cut of ALIEN Cubed, though.
>>
>>71149358
Why the Blu-ray disc version specifically?
>>
>>71148968
It's fucking terrible. Anyone who likes the movie is a contrarian faggot.
>>
I really like the Assembly Cut.

Alien 3 overall has a great atmosphere.
>>
All I remember is the ending.
>>
>>71150459
Because instead of the DVD version of it, the Blu-ray disc version had the surviving actors come back for ADR which certain scenes lack any audible dialog in the DVD version. Sure it didn't receive a 4K remaster as the first two but I still enjoy it.
ALIEN: Resurrection? No comment.
>>
When Tywin died the movie turned to shit
>>
>>71150606
Who?
>>
File: 1466357916077.jpg (2 MB, 1500x996) Image search: [Google]
1466357916077.jpg
2 MB, 1500x996
>>71151087
This guy
>>
>>71149358

Although it is a better cut, greatly improve pacing, adds an interesting alternate birth sequence in a very nice abbatoir set, and just generally gives everything room to breathe, the Assemby cut makes the prisoners and their stupid minders even LESS sympathetic, by showing us even more of them.

We get even more cues of just how stupid Mr. Aaron is. His boss (I forget the name) also becomes even more unlikeable.

We realize how cynical and not-altruistic Dillon really is. He just wants a place to fuck off from everybody else, which isn't bad in itself but it undermines his role as a preacher man.

The crazy prisoner actually does slit a guy's throat , proving that the lead minder was right to suspect foul play.
>>
>>71150606

The actor's name is Charles Dance (look for him in British period movies and miniseries), and his character's name (in the completed film) is Mr. Clemens. Unless it comes from some screenplay or treatment, I don't know where you get "Tywin" from.
>>
>>71151416
Oh, you meant Charles Dance.
>>71151641
>>71151690
Yup.
Also the script was a giant clusterfuck. Wonder how an ALIEN/ALIENS anthology series would fare if it adapted many of the Dark Horse comics. Maybe 4-6 episodes per mini-series.
>>
>>71148968

It was boring and brutally killed off Newt.
>>
>>71149358
assembly cut being better is a meme

only thing I liked about it were a couple of more matte painting scenes

one could argue that it was a better decision to have ripley die a kinder death, without the queen exploding out of her chest, but there was still a feeling of elation on her face as she took it down with her, giving her the last laugh
>>
File: xenomorph crouch.jpg (124 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
xenomorph crouch.jpg
124 KB, 1024x768
>>71148968
well, it certainly wasn't that good, either.

my collection ends at Aliens...and the recent Alien: Isolation. :3
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.