[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I enjoyed twin peaks and am looking forward to the new episodes,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: FWWM_US_poster[1].jpg (184 KB, 320x464) Image search: [Google]
FWWM_US_poster[1].jpg
184 KB, 320x464
I enjoyed twin peaks and am looking forward to the new episodes, but have never seen pic related. Do I need to watch it to prepare for the new season? I've heard it's bad.
>>
>>71146717
You heard wrong.
>>
>>71146739
This. FWWM is amazing
>>
If you enjoyed S2, than you won't find FWwM too bad. Should watch it just for Lynch, regardless.
>>
I loved the movie, it was just a bummer that so many cast members had to be replaced.
>>
It doesn't give too many answers to the shows mysteries and definitely raises way more questions. Its a good movie however. I recommend watching the Missing Pieces as well.
>>
It's good, but you won't miss anything if you don't watch it. It's pretty pointless
>>
>>71146926
I forgot to mention that Sheryl Lee's performance is the best thing that Twin Peaks has ever offered.

After Cooper of course
>>
>>71146717
Watch it, but go in expecting a non-Twin Peaks experience.

In fact, the first half hour or so of the movie is literally anti-Twin Peaks.

Just go knowing that and you'll be fine.
>>
>>71146717
Get the fan cut that edits all the cut scenes back in the movie. Much better that way.
>>
It's a fantastic movie, just much more dark than the series and a lot of fan favorites don't show up unless you watch the missing scenes (most of which is very worth seeing). There's a fan edit that's 3 1/2 hours long and adds most of them back into the film, but I can't vouch for how well it's done.
>>
It's great, tone is very different though. Give it a shot if you made it through the second season you can make it through this.
>>
File: bob.jpg (31 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
bob.jpg
31 KB, 720x405
>>71146717
You need to watch it.
>>
>I like Twin peaks
>there s a fucking twin peaks movie
>do I have to watch it ?

OP is a dumbass, or a schizo
>>
>>71146717
well in my honest opinion it is in some way even more important than the series itself, because it features the series main character and shows Laura in a way we never saw her and on top of that it's probably my favorite film by David Lynch, but then again i'm a TP fanboy so i might be biased, but whatever you do get yourself ready for one hell of a ride, Fire Walk With Me is just complete bonkers, even for Lynch; also the Ost ist just goat
>>
>>71147945

its a prequel, you nigger
>>
>>71146717
>3.5 star review on the poster.
>>
File: 1461635934223.jpg (27 KB, 462x386) Image search: [Google]
1461635934223.jpg
27 KB, 462x386
>>71146717
I love it.
Don't expect it to be anything like the show and you'll be alright.

>>71147179
I don't think it's well done at all, the Jeffries scene in particular is quite poorly put together. I didn't watch it much further because of that.

>>71148002
It's my favorite Lynch as well.
>>
>>71148671
And?
>>
>>71146717
The tone isn't the same as the show. The show was PG campiness with some dark moments, whereas FWWM is R rated raunch.
>>
>>71146926
>>71148814

So I should watch FWWM and then the missing pieces afterwards, then I'll be set for the new eps? Thanks anons
>>
Anyone else have this weird feeling that the new season is gonna scare the living shit out of them?
>>
File: 1456479181578.png (532 KB, 699x466) Image search: [Google]
1456479181578.png
532 KB, 699x466
>>71150629
I certainly hope so.
>>
>>71150408
the missing pieces are fun but in all honesty they aren't "missing" if you know what i mean, and Lynch left them out for good, but there are a few scenes whichare linked directly to the series finale which is cool
>then I'll be set for the new eps?
i hope Lynch just fucks us all and the new series has literally nothing to the with the storyof the original series, it would be much more interesting imo
>>
>>71146717
Characters/actors from FWWM will appear in the upcoming season. For example the one played by Harry Dean Stanton. And storylines from it will be picked up again. For example the one connected to David Bowie. So the answer is leaning towards yes, OP.
>>
Who coffee here?
>>
>>71146717
>I've heard it's bad.
It is a must watch. Sheryl Lee also does her role perfectly, and the ending feels very bittersweet, in a good way of course. Watch it with no expectations except your knowledge of the characters and interactions, and you will have a blast I am sure.
>>
>>71146717
>I've heard it's bad.
The only people that have this opinion are the people that liked the shit season 2 plot lines like the beauty pageant, super human nadine, and wacky quirky civil war reenactments.

Are you the type of low iq faggot that considered that shit "comfy"?
>>
File: 13597215802614.jpg (903 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
13597215802614.jpg
903 KB, 1920x1080
>>71154303
senpai
>>
>>71154382
I won't say season 2 was the comfiest, but there were bits in there that triggered some unfamiliar nostalgia within me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KkqAnemdMQ
>>
>>71154430
I really really like this image
>>
lmao

fire walk with me is a fucking masterpiece and a really nice touch on twin peaks, the follow up films would have been amazing but it was just 2 deep 4 every loser nobody out there

get your shit together people its just lynch
>>
>>71146717
it's literally his masterpiece
>>
Also, read the book. It's filthy.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.