[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All memes aside, was Family Guy ever good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 520x653) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 520x653
All memes aside, was Family Guy ever good?
>>
>image.jpg
>>
First 4 seasons were good, next 2 or 3 seasons were okay and it took a huge nose dive in quality after that.
>>
Yeah, I still watch some of the earlier seasons.
>>
>>71143831
Season 1-3 are god tier. The show was at its peak

Season 4 was good

Season 5 and onward is just serviceable noise to have in the background while you do other shit.
>>
First three seasons are genuinely hilarious, after that it just goes full retard.
>>
>>71143831
At best, it was only ever "ahah" funny, never really laugh out loud hilarious funny. It could be very occasionally witty. The show has never really been high quality though.

MacFarlane struck gold with American Dad. All his other shows pale in comparison
>>
>>71143831
It has a shit ton of great gags and jokes. Almost no memorable episodes though.
>>
The "Road To" episodes were pretty funny.
>>
>>71143831
Never
>>
I've never seen this show before, but decided to watch the first season a week ago. It was pretty funny.
>>
I can't even watch the old episodes anymore due to how different they are from the newer ones
>>
I remember loving the first few seasons when i was a lad but found them kind of dull on a re-watch a year ago.

My theory is that Family Guy only got popular after the Simpsons started really going too shit.

Basically the same show but the edgier humour and complete lack of mush made it feel fresh in comparison to a show that was just getting more and more stale after each season.
>>
I can't really remember ever liking or watching Family Guy. I remember it became this huge cultural phenomenon, and catching the odd episode here and there on television, but It was while waiting for commercials to end on the channel I was actually watching.

The only time I can remember sitting down and making an active decision to watch it was when I got a PSP on Christmas and one of the gifts along with it was like a season of Family Guy or something. I remember watching something like 7 episodes before getting bored and never watching it again.

I don't have any of the seething hate that some people seem to have for the show, I just kind of nothing it.
>>
I've heard good things about American Dad, what makes it so good?
>>
I never used to like the first 3 seasons, but now that I've grown out of the current sense of humor FG runs on I see that they're a lot more consistent and clever than every season thereafter.
>>
>>71145092
Just FG without the cutaway gags. Has it's moments, but really not that much better.
>>
>>71143831
some good jokes but no good episodes
>>
>>71145343
>family guy without the cutaways
That's an oxymoron.
>>
>>71145092
One of the writers had these really hilarious "out of left field" type of jokes that really made the show.

Also Rogers personas
>Reganomics Lamborghini
>Ricky Spanish
>Roy Rogers McFreely
>KEVIN RAMMMASH

The family dynamic is a lot better than family guy.

Newer seasons are ass tho so just stick up to the point when they all "die in rapture" for the first time.
>>
As a huge fan of Italian mafia crime movies, this scene never fails to make me laugh

https://youtu.be/i1MO023vN8o
>>
>>71145092
First season is pretty bad because it really wants to be "political person comes into conflict with something they don't like", mainly with Stan and Haley. It gets a lot better after it becomes a show with interesting storylines with the characters react
>>
Favourite post-cancellation joke?
http://youtu.be/c4WO7g2VOac
>>
Yes the show is good and unfortunately they got the coldplay treatment. They got made fun of in popular culture and now its to the point where people think its cool to mindlessly bash it based on the south park episode. The biggest thing seems to be the cutaways which they have almost completely done away with in the later seasons but I really don't understand why so many people get so angry over them.

Its like instead of the guitar riff that plays in the early south park when they would change scenes it would be like they put a little pop culture reference or a joke in instead of a just a cut.
And if you hate the pop culture reference then you must hate the simpsons and south park as they have full episodes that are just about things in popular culture. At least family guy has original stories for almost every episode not just "o whats popular lets put that in the show"

Not saying its the best show ever but doesn't deserve the hate it gets
>>
First three seasons are still hilarious.
Otherwise it's very hit or miss.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.