[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do directors do in between films? Like pic related took
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: .jpg (21 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
21 KB, 300x300
What do directors do in between films? Like pic related took 6 years off what was he doing in that time?
>>
Shoe shopping
>>
>>71142773
Spend the millions lol
>>
>>71142773
Writing, watching movies and smoking weed.
>>
>>71142773
they do orgies with children.
>>
>>71142773
Same thing you faggots do when you're not making films. Fucking nothing.
>>
Write and do low key producing
>>
hang out and do whatever
>>
>>71142773
Whatever they want. I would say nothing, but if they had that personality they probably wouldn't be directors.
>>
>>71142773
sniffing feet
>>
>>71142773
They are human beings you pleb. They have a life and other hobbies.
>>
He could have been working. It's possible he pitched a few ideas that just didn't get green lit, couldn't get the actors he wanted, who knows
>>
lump
>>
>>71142977
This.
>>
>>71142773

he was probably writing and hashing out ideas.

i think he's told all he has in him though, he should instead seek out good scripts. Hateful Eight was well directed, but the story itself was lackluster. He hasn't done anything truly inspired in terms of writing since Pulp Fiction. Everything else is just him trying to recapture the magic.
>>
living their lives, writing and working on their next movies, producing for other movies etc.
>>
>>71142773

Putting aside time spent doing "whatever" (traveling for fun, raising families or whatnot), usually they're developing and pitching movies that may or may not ever happen. It can take a long time to bring a movie to fruition and they usually have several burners going at once. To get an idea of how much a director might have going on, think about Guillermo del Toro and his seemingly endless stream of projects that never materialize. I don't imagine he's any less successful at getting projects off the ground than any director is, he's just more open about what he's cooking up.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.