[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why doesn't /tv/ like Archer? Does Archer's autism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 12
File: image.gif (819 KB, 419x512) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
819 KB, 419x512
Why doesn't /tv/ like Archer? Does Archer's autism cut too close to home? Or Cyril's cuckness? Does a strong Woman of Color like Lana offend you? Are you mad because Krieger doesn't come out as a Nazi? Or does Ray make you question your masculinity and cisheterosexuality?
>>
/tv/ doesn't like anything fun or popular because they've all decided that the only way to prove their intelligence to others is being contrarian and claiming to like boring trash like David Lynch
>>
>>71104939
Because it is pure, unadulterated reddit
>>71105052
As this redditor slating the place he's fucking posting on shows
>>
>>71104939

It was OK for a couple of seasons
>>
its pretty good if you like hearing the same joke again and again.
>>
>>71105120
>claiming that anyone other than redditors still regurgitate the Lynch is good meme
>>
>>71104939
the VICE season was too shit to watch
>>
>>71104939

You gotta be high or drunk, otherwise it's eye rolling.

/tv/ is full of broke ass neets who aren't old enough for booze, and can't afford weed
>>
>>71104939
Because it went to shit after S3.
>>
>>71104939
>Lanaaaa Lanaaaaaaaa Lanaaaaa!
>Danger Zone!
>Laaaaanaaaaaa!
>phrasing!

haha never gets old
>>
>>71105182
No-one gives a fuck about Lynch redditor. You outed yourself when you started whining about /tv/. Go post in your fucking little hugbox
>>
>>71105212
We get it. You're old enough to have a substance abuse problem. Very mature. We're all basking in your maturity.
>>
>>71104939
It isn't that good. I wanted to like it, but the jokes aren't that great. It felt like watching an even dumber version of Family Guy/American Dad, which I didn't think was possible.
>>
File: q.jpg (15 KB, 372x323) Image search: [Google]
q.jpg
15 KB, 372x323
>>71105260

Nice takeaway
>>
>>71105241
You protest too much. What model phone are you posting from, reddit pal?
>>
>>71105197
I came here just to say this.
>HAHAHAHAH! PAM EATING COCAINE AGAIN! WE NEED 20 EPISODES OF THAT!
>>
>>71105241
>complaining about your board
>Reddit

Fuck off newfag

Anyways Archer is cool but it's suffering some hardcore flanderization in the later seasons. It's all very formulaic with how each character will either add to the plot or fuck something up. Combine that staleness with the fact that people love quoting the fuck out of the show, and it's a great recipe for hate.
>>
I did like it, but the vice season was right shit and made me stop watching and the season that preceded it was pretty poor too. Still like the earlier stuff but that's all old and discussed to death at this point, so there's nothing further to be said.
>>
Last time I watched Archer they had turned Pam from an amusing supporting character into an annoying as fuck major character who was shoved into every episode.
>>
>>71104939
It went on for way to long. First three seasons are good everything afterwards gets too repetitive and the characters got too flanderized.
>>
>>71104939
I guess this image portrays this shitty shows humour? lmao
>>
its a comedy i dont watch for the comedy, i just like the spy stuff
>>
Everyone is fine except Pam.

but I think she tries to hard on purpose because nothing is actually wrong with her but feels insecure that everyone else has some glaring mental/behavioral issue
>>
>>71104939
probably all of these
>>
it was alright for the first few seasons. it really grates on me when they use the same jokes over again or when they start screaming

lana. lana! LAANAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

so funnay
>>
>>71104939
it's because its a C A R T O O N
>>
>>71104939
>Just the tip
>Laaana Laaanaa
>Danger Zone

very funny XD
very reddit
>>
Seasons 1 + 2 = absolutely tremendous
Seasons 3 + 4 = still pretty good, some excellent episodes scattered throughout it
Seasons 5 onwards = meh, kind of trying too hard, and everything is now a callback
>>
>>71105181
This.
>>
dude obscure reference lmao
their shtick is past half-life
>>
>>71104939
I like it. It just tries too hard sometimes.
>>
>>71105785
yet the show is self aware enough to even mention out loud that the jokes are going scale.
>>
*knock knock knock*
Lana
*knock knock knock*
LANA!
*knock knock knock*
LAAAAANAAAAAA!!!
WHAT?
BAZINGA ZONE
>>
I wanna see Cheryl's feet anyone have a pic?
>>
>>71106009
And yet they still do it, and its still not funny. The awareness doesn't make it excusable, mate
>>
>>71104939
I've only watched the earlier seasons, I think maybe up to season 3. I enjoyed it but I could only watch 2 or 3 episodes maximum every couple of days before it started getting stale.

It had some really good moments and I might pick it up again some time.

>>71106009
That doesn't make up for the fact they're still using the same jokes, if anything it makes it worse since since the writers are aware of the fact the jokes are becoming boring.
>>
It's too fucking LOUD
>>
>>71105298
>phoneposting is reddit
>being able to banevade in less then twenty seconds is reddit
>fucking mods is reddit
hey reddit
>>
>>71105361
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>71106415
Phone posting is definitely reddit. Why do you think this site became absolute normalfaggot garbage after 2010? Phones and reddit (you).
>>
>>71104939

I fucking LOVE Archer, good consistency
>>
>>71106508
>disobeying rules is reddit
Hey reddit :^) be a good boy and obey the mods!
>why did 4chan turn to garbage
Chanology. Which you'd know if you weren't fresh off the boat from reddit
>>
I watched it up to Vice and stopped because every fucking episode was just rehashing the jokes that were popular on Reddit
>Babou
>Do you want X? That's how you get X
>Lana Lana Lana (repeat for 5 minutes)
>Someone drinking and holding up a finger for two minutes
>This is some kind of.... Shit, I had something for this
>Archer: This is just like ("obscure" reference) Other character: What? Archer: Sorry that your'e not as educated as me, God.

Remix that back and forth and then you have every fucking script
>>
>>71106734
Where did al this mod/rules talk come from, dumbfuck?

>Chanology
>he believed everything he read on ED

You can stop pretending now. We all see you and you're free to go home now.
>>
First 3 seasons were fun then it's the same shit every time
>>
I thought the first three seasons were GOAT, 4 was meh, 5 was rock bottom shit, 6 was meh (worse than 4 though) and this last one was possibly worse than five.

I'm not quite sure what it is, but the show has definitely lost what made the first few seasons good. Lana has basically become the show's Lisa Simpson, Pam isn't even as close to being as funny as the show creators think she is, and none of the episode premises are even entertaining anymore- let alone executed well.

This last season was the final straw for me, I've dropped this show. At least we'll always have the early seasons
>>
But I liked the good seasons.
>>
>>71106906
>dumbfuck
>from the redditor who can't follow a conversation
>c-chanology d-didn't ruin the s-site! M-me and m-my f-fawkes b-bros are h-heroes
>spamming the name of the website on news outlets as 'the honorable and brave 4chan' didn't lead to a fucking influx of white knight reddit faggots like you
Go bacķ to reddit
>>
the first seasons were pretty good but since then whenever i watch it just seems like its the same jokes all the time, which isnt really that interesting.
>>
>>71106906

chanology ruined the site retard
>>
>>71104939
No, because the entire show consists of 2 types of jokes and what's worse - the same exact jokes get re-used constantly. It stopped being funny around season 2.
>>
>>71107198
>>from the redditor who can't follow a conversation
>oh, that's right, no one mentioned rules or mods and i can't point to a post that does

>>71107247
Your girlfriend can speak for himself. Put your little dick away.
>>
File: KEK.jpg (34 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
KEK.jpg
34 KB, 413x395
>>71107345
You seem upset redditor
>>
>>71105197
>>71105323

You cant show cocaine snorting in a cartoon on TV so they edited it to Pam eating the coke, which very quickly became annoying
>>
>>71107345
>banevading is reddit
>fucking mods is reddit
Learn to read
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>71107425
>You cant show cocaine snorting in a cartoon on TV
Who says?
Isn't FX a cable channel?
They can do whatever
>>
>>71107317
>>71107203
You realize that you could say the same thing about any comedy, ever. MASH, friends, scrubs, etc etc. People watch it as long as they like the characters and show premise.
>>
>>71107399
>>71107443
>>banevading is reddit
>>fucking mods is reddit
I was referring to my posts, simpleton. Not one of your posts where you start mentioning things completely out of context. You can't possibly be white at this point.
>>
>Does Archer's autism cut too close to home?
>Nope.
Or Cyril's cuckness?
>Cyril is a dirty slut, coasting on his cock size, hardly a cuck, just a slut with no self esteem.
Does a strong Woman of Color like Lana offend you?
>I'm offended that she isn't grabbing my dick with her monster hands. Though she's hardly "strong", she's just as much of a wreck as anyone else in the show.
Are you mad because Krieger doesn't come out as a Nazi?
>Krieger did NOT come out as a Nazi, and in fact sealed the lid on the bullshit that people have said about him. IE, If he was a clone of Hitler, he'd probably fucking look like him.
Or does Ray make you question your masculinity and cisheterosexuality?
>cisheterosexuality, he is literally played as a straight man, the fact that he is gay basically only comes up when people want to insult him for it.
>>
>>71107531
But that's not true.
Yes the characters act the same way, but good shows don't literally recycle the same joke over and over.
Archer does.
Like, they're trying to be meta about it, but they're failing.

It's like Family Guy with 15 minutes of Conway Twitty.
They think they're being witty, but it just comes off as annoying
>>
>>71107531
yes, i realize that. doesnt really matter for the purpose of this thread though.
>>
>>71107546
>only things I say matter
You're quite upset my man :^) perhaps you should relax by posting on reddit? I'm sure they would love to hear your narcissistic rantings
>>
>>71107673
You'd be narcissistic too if you weren't worthless reddit trash. :)
>>
>>71107708
>no u
Good argument. Learn that one on reddit?
>>
>>71104939
It's repetitive catchphrase comedy for the lowest common denominator.
>>
>>71107741
>he thinks this is an argument when it hasn't been since he outed himself as phone trash
>>
When Archer fell like 50 feet twice in the same episode and didn't get hurt, I got pissed and stopped watch.
>>
/tv/ stopped loving Archer? It used to be pretty popular on here.
>>
File: Lel.jpg (29 KB, 407x428) Image search: [Google]
Lel.jpg
29 KB, 407x428
>>71107805
>he pretends posting on a computer shows elitism when everyone owns a computer
this isn't ur sekret klub and never was. every home in the us owns either a laptop, desktop or at the very worst a tablet
>>
File: 1462374451237.jpg (199 KB, 900x680) Image search: [Google]
1462374451237.jpg
199 KB, 900x680
>>71105241
>>
>>71107851
Roughly when it stopped being ground around Season 4.
1-3 was popular because it was good.
4 was a bit stale
5+ is total shit

It also coincided with the rise of reddit, who rammed those jokes into the ground while the show was doing it too.
>>
>>71107917
Go bāck to reddit
>>
>>71107889
>everyone owns a computer
I'm sure that;s why you're posting from your obamaphone instead of your sweet gaming rig like everyone else who actually belongs here.
>>
File: reddit-alien.png (50 KB, 736x1024) Image search: [Google]
reddit-alien.png
50 KB, 736x1024
>>71107917
>this image defending reddit will prove I'm not a redditor
>>
ITT: Redditor gets anally devastated someone insults his favorite redditcore director.
>>
>>71104939
I watched this recently, and it's got a style of humor that's too weirdly transparent for me to enjoy. Like, you can see the structuring of the comedy beneath every line. They very specifically craft "catch phrases" that every character is given very specific opportunities to say, and they always take those opportunities and say the same catch phrases over and over. But it's not trying to hide that. Like, that's the joke? The joke is that the catch phrase is repeated? And it does the same thing with references to somewhat obscure people or events from history. It knows most of the audience won't know the obscure particle physicist it name drops, but it does it anyway. And that's the joke? The joke is that the audience and the show are both aware the understanding of the reference is limited? And that's funny so we should do it over and over again, whenever possible?
And then the whole show is drenched in constant sex, with constant innuendos, naked characters every episode, and even on screen sex. But that also feels like it's done with a knowing nod and wink, like anyone who just sees it as sex appeal is missing the joke. Like, it's ironic sex appeal, somehow, because it's for humor, or something.

The show's humor is just so intentionally aware and transparent about itself that it's fucking bizarre. It feels like a show made by a space alien that was trying to grasp the human concept of humor, and got all the pieces there but didn't understand how to put it together.
>>
>>71107959
A /v/irgin and a redditor? What a surprise.
>w-why a-are you p-posting on a p-phone on the s-shitposting board?
DHCP
>>
>>71104939
>ITT: Fuck, they know I'm from reddit. I'll try to derail them by calling em redit
>>
>>71107997
ITT: shitposters post shit at one another and ruin another thread
ftfy
>>
>>71108008
>I watched this recently, and it's got a style of humor that's too weirdly transparent for me to enjoy. Like, you can see the structuring of the comedy beneath every line. They very specifically craft "catch phrases" that every character is given very specific opportunities to say, and they always take those opportunities and say the same catch phrases over and over. But it's not trying to hide that. Like, that's the joke? The joke is that the catch phrase is repeated? And it does the same thing with references to somewhat obscure people or events from history. It knows most of the audience won't know the obscure particle physicist it name drops, but it does it anyway. And that's the joke? The joke is that the audience and the show are both aware the understanding of the reference is limited? And that's funny so we should do it over and over again, whenever possible?
That's pretty accurate description of the status of the show when I stopped watching.

It was like whenever the characters were in a room together, the scene was just them saying all their catchphrases. Then the scene ends.

The first 3 season were good though.
>>
>>71108114
How does one ruin something that was never capable of being good?
>>
>>71105052
I like both David lynch and Archer.
I'd love to see lynch guest direct a 3 part episode.
>>
>>71107997
>>71108053
We heard you the first time reddit
>>
>>71105120
Most reddit post of the day. Why do you keep talking about reddit? You love it don't you.
>>
>ctrl-f "Reddit"
>39 instances
Jesus Christ, you guys have a problem
>>
>>71108167
>obamaphone Jamal demonstrates his reading comprehension problem again
>>
>>71108140
That's true. Still it never even had a chance. The first two or three posts are pure thread derailing bait
>>
>>71108191
Hey reddit
>>
File: 1463835503176.jpg (43 KB, 582x741) Image search: [Google]
1463835503176.jpg
43 KB, 582x741
>>71108200
99.97% of /tv/ is reddit, what did you expect? When these /v/irgins tell you to go back, they're pretty much telling you to go back to /tv/'s catalog.
>>
reddit niggers jews tumblr sjw feminism reddit
>>
>>71104939
I liked it until it ran on too long and outstayed its welcome around halfway through S3.
>>
it got commandeered by reddit just like its always sunny

real shame too
>>
File: CIA.jpg (61 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
CIA.jpg
61 KB, 413x395
>>71108207
>samefagging /v/irgin tries to act tough
Still at least you have your 'sweet gaming rig' my teenage friend. Shouldn't you be in school today?
>>
File: FVZOO6CH7ANSLLA.MEDIUM.jpg (22 KB, 548x420) Image search: [Google]
FVZOO6CH7ANSLLA.MEDIUM.jpg
22 KB, 548x420
>>71108250
I don't hear a no
>>
>>71108348
Hey reddit
>>
This thread reminded me to check out /r/4chan :^)
>>
>>71108300
The average age of a gamer is 31 years old. Point of fact, you're the one posting childish reaction images because ED told you haven't figured out that hasn't been a thing here for like 6 years unless you're a tourist.
>>
>>71108388
FUCKING REDDIT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Would you stick your dick in Cheryl?
>>
File: Toppest-kek.jpg (145 KB, 1111x597) Image search: [Google]
Toppest-kek.jpg
145 KB, 1111x597
>>71108400
>defending gaming
>they're adults I swear!
>has no reaction images saved on his sweet gaming rig
>splutters about encyclopedia reddramatica while pretending to be an oldfag
You're a very upset young man. Why not play some Depression Quest to cheer yourself up?
>>
>>71108445
Sploosh, am I right?
>>
Archer is gold.
The characters are so fucked up, they actually look real.
>>
>>71108445
The country singer subplot was the absolute gutter of the show.
>>
>>71108445
God yes. And I choke the shit out if her while doing it too.
>>
File: 1426531837333.png (40 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1426531837333.png
40 KB, 200x200
>>71108445
>you will never choke and spank her while she screams for more
>>
>>71104939
The show hasn't been relevant or funny since season 3.

/thread
>>
>>71108495
>choke the shit out of her
seemed like they removed that trait from her personality since last season.
>>
>>71108721
probably triggered too many landwales
>>
>>71108445
I'd be her supervisor if you know what i mean.
>>
>>71108721
You see that's misogyny.
>>
because they are literally ISIS
>>
>>71105052
>David Lynch
>unpopular
top kek.
>>
Lana, sorry I wanted to spit roast your mom.

Lines like that make me forget how repetitive this show has become.
>>
Archer is great
>>71105181
This, and I do.
>>
>>71108721
Did you miss her getting wet from the killer clowns?
>>
>>71111789
you mean the episode where Lana slaps her and she actually wants her to STOP?
Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.