[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the matrix required when the human brain produces just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
Why is the matrix required when the human brain produces just as much electricity unconscious as it does conscious?
Why do the machines need human brains at all when other animal brains produce even MORE electricity and don't even need a matrix to farm?
Why don't the machines just use more readily available and productive electric generating methods like hydroelectric or burning coal?
If electricity is so scarce and precious to the machines, why do they have such HUGE bodies and use high energy tools/weapons?
Why do digitally created computer-based beings with the technology to create their own digital realities even WANT physical machine bodies?
Why don't the machines shield themselves against EMP? That technology already exists.
How can the humans produce abundant electricity without issue but the machines can't?
How can there be enough machines to cover the whole world when they're powered by the matrix and the matrix is only big enough for one city?
>>
>>71103459
you might have a point
HOWEVER
>>
>>71103459
Ebert said it right when he mentioned machines would just use cows instead of humans for energy.

Of course then, we wouldn't have the movie now would we.
>>
>>71103932
speak for yourself. I'd love to have a matrix movie where the characters are cows
>>
>>71103459

Because then we would not have a movie, nor would we have an excuse to explore a high-concept premise.
>>
>>71103932
>would just use cows instead of humans

Or maybe the robots thought that human intelligence was worth preserving. They could have been running all kinds of psychological experiments in the matrix to learn more about creativity and imagination to improve their own programming.
>>
>>71103459
you live longer when ur happy
like, proven
>>
>>71103459

Surely you must be aware the original idea was that the human brains were being used for their computational power and the "machines" were actually programs running on a vast neural net comprised of millions of brains.... But this idea was felt too complicated for audiences so we get Morpheus holding up a duracell
>>
>>71103459
I always assumed the machines did that way because deep down they want them to be happy. Hence why the first Matrix was designed to be a perfect world.
>>
File: thinking man.jpg (24 KB, 480x476) Image search: [Google]
thinking man.jpg
24 KB, 480x476
>>71103459
Why isn't the Matrix multi-layered?

That way when people break free from the first layer, they can be dealt with before they break free into reality?

Or is this already the case and the reality in the matrix films is actually another layer of the simulation?
>>
>>71110080
That's exactly the main theory about the movies.
>>
>>71110166
Oh, I guess I should have done actual research before posting.
>>
The real world is actually a computer simulation written by humans to keep robots preoccupied with trying to correct something that can't be corrected infinitely
>>
>>71103459
in the animatrix, they specifically say why they keep humans alive. they made a deal when the machines were destroying the humans. the machines would control the world, and the humans would live in the matrix. its that simple
>>
>>71110209
>research
its just retards writing fan fiction. the only research you need is the movies
>>
File: the_meatrix.png (262 KB, 639x385) Image search: [Google]
the_meatrix.png
262 KB, 639x385
>>71104897
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.