[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will rickon die as pointlessly in the books as he did in the show?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (142 KB, 1178x896) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
142 KB, 1178x896
Will rickon die as pointlessly in the books as he did in the show?
>>
So which Dire wolves are still alive?
>>
>>71100133
Just jon's and I think arya's.
>>
>>71100133
In the show only Ghost and maybe Nymeria.
In the books all of them except Lady and Grey Wind. Jon can warg into Ghost and Arya can warg into Nymeria from across the sea and she's in charge of a large wolfpack.
>>
i just remembered that summer died, in such a pointless and forgettable manner too

fucks sake
>>
>>71099925
Yeah cus his arc is a Shaggydog tale.

Pottery.
>>
Why didn't he unleash the dogs? They're worth more than 50 of the greatest Ironborn warriors.
>>
>>71099925

Someone please tell me why he didn't run in a non repetitive zig zag pattern? Could that have saved him?
>>
>>71102162
Of all the stupid things in this episode, why is it this that's become the biggest meme? If you're a terrified kid running away from a crazy psychopath, you're not going to be thinking straight. It would look awkward visually as well.
>>
>>71099925

I think, to some extent, yes. Keep in mind his wolf is named "Shaggy Dog," which others have pointed out feels like a reference to the phrase "a shaggy dog story" IE a story that goes nowhere.

It's hard to say for certain, though, given how different things are set up in the book vs the show. Rickon's not with the Umbers, he's on Skagos. Davos is searching for him while Stannis (presumably) marches to his doom, Sansa is still in the Vale and seems supremely unlikely to ever marry Ramsay who is already married to an imposter Arya...

If I had to guess it'll play out like this: Stannis and his army will fall apart due to internal divisions and the Northern conspiracy will fail. Davos will find Rickon and return... only to find there's no longer anybody to give Rickon to and Stannis is dead. Meanwhile Jon's death will touch off a short Wildling/Queensman/Night's Watch civil war during which Shireen will get burned. At the end of that Jon says "fuck this" and heads south to deal with Ramsay followed by whoever's willing. Davos gets captured by traitor Northmen, Rickon is taken, and Davos either also gets captured or escapes and joins Jon.

At the battle of the bastards we may see Rickon similarly die in a twisted game of Ramsay's (I could see Mance getting sent to run out in front of those arrows too, further motivating Jon's wildlings to charge) assuming he didn't die earlier.
>>
>>71102302
The scene lasts so long, and it's so obvious what's going to happen, as I spectator I just spent the whole scene thinking "strafe god dammit, get to cover behind a flailed man, use your head for fuck sake"
>>
CANNIBAL KING RIDING UNICORNS.
Fuck how I wished that theory was real.
>>
>>71102322

I really want Stannis to have a bigger role than that but he was probably killed in the series for a reason. Also I don't really see the point in the North betraying the Boltons only to betray the Starks again.
>>
>the North remembers!
>the north doesn't remembers
fuck this show
>>
>>71103843

Yeah, it does feel a bit wheel spinning. I mean, I can see how it happens. The loyalist northern lords want to throw down the Boltons, but they need a Stark to put in Winterfell. They're willing to fight for Stannis if he can provide this, but Stannis doesn't know it. Wyman was last seen badly injured and being forced into a suicide charge as Roose clearly plans to try and get some of his political opponents killed in battle. Most of Stannis' northern support o far is based on rescuing "Arya" but the second they find out she's not the real deal that shit falls apart. Then you have divided alliances like Mors Crowfood and the Whoresbane refusing to fight each other and having to be placed on opposite sides of the clashing armies...

Stannis may have foiled the Karstark plot, but it still damaged him by feeding information to the Boltons and the numerous issues within his coalition could be bad enough to destabilize his careful battle plans. What if Wyman turns on the Boltons mid battle but Stannis doesn't realize it? What if the Whorsebane and Crowfood find themselves having to face each other because of a quickly changing battlefield and won't fight? If Stannis falls, the Northern conspiracy probably falls with him, for the most part, which dooms Rickon.
>>
>>71104377

So Stannis dies, the northern loyalists fail, Rickon dies... and then we just have to repeat the whole cycle over again with Jon coming down to fight the Boltons instead and actually winning this time.
>>
>>71102302
If he wasn't thinking straight, then how come he was running straight?
>>
>>71104431
I find it difficult to believe that the books will feature TWO battles for Winterfell but maybe Stannis never gets that far. What becomes of Theon then?
>>
>>71103843

He was killed in the show to save time.

Having Stannis beat the Boltons and Jon doing whatever he's doing after getting revived in a 1000 page book is fine.

In a 10 hour show with loads of characters it's easier to kill Stannis and have Jon beat the Boltons and then go do what he would be doing in the book.

It's the same reason Argon isn't in the show amongst other things.

Book Rickon will be King in/Warden of the North
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.