[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your honest thoughts on Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
What are your honest thoughts on Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon?
>>
>>71094279
The masterpiece that fun to watch !!
>>
it was marketed very well

the film doesn't work though
>>
I liked Hero more.
>>
Great movie

Not quite the Wuxia Kino it'd like to be

Often gets compared to House of Flying Daggers, which was probably a better film imo
>>
I liked the ending

The Desert Flashback is way too fucking long and kills the momentum of the movie

Ultimately the plot is kinda silly and not nearly as artsy as everyone held it up to be.

Hero was better.
>>
>>71094408
Honestly, yes. Excepting the patriotic bullshit shoehorned in, it's the better Wuxia.
>>
a mediocre Wuxia that became popular in the American market that set the whole genre off course for many years after it's release.

Before this, Wuxia is allowed to be fun and just beat shit up. Now everything needs to be fucking artsy and has deep meaning and shit
>>
File: patriot.jpg (91 KB, 466x510) Image search: [Google]
patriot.jpg
91 KB, 466x510
>>71094447
>only Americans are allowed to be nationalistic about their origins

kys
>>
>>71094499
>s to be fucking artsy and has deep meaning and shit
What was the 'deep meaning' of CTHD.
>>
>>71094589
did she suicide or did she fly
woaaa
deeep

lets start at part 4 of a 6 part series
>>
>>71094589
feminism, it's feminism
>>
>>71094627
>lets start at part 4 of a 6 part series
We Star Wars now?
>>
not good at all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXOr3MIWI3s
>>
>>71094675
a young girl who rejects the teaching of patriarchy and seeks freedom from society and familial expectations to get married to literally fly free.
>>
>>71094559

mel's reaction was improvised
>>
>>71094745
The main patriarchal figure, Li, is portrayed as a positive person in Jen's life though. Even though she steals his shit and ends up causing him to die, he forgives her and opens up the way for her to lead a good life despite her crimes.
Meanwhile the matriarchal figure in her life, Jade Fox, is portrayed as an evil vindictive bitch who poisons Jen's mind with bullshit so she can fuck everyone up. Ultimately she tries to kill Jen too out of petty jealousy.
>>
>>71094279
chick flick
young girl, middle age woman, and old hag can't hold onto a man
>>
It was one of the first martial arts films I watched, way before I actually enjoyed them.

I remember it as being painfully boring. Two strong asian women kick around in the air for a few hours, then some asian guy dies. Most memorable thing would be the title.
>>
>>71094279
it's a chick flick that happens to have some cool sword fights and legendary actors in it
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.