[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I watch films more critically? I want to analyzing them
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (52 KB, 366x176) Image search: [Google]
image.png
52 KB, 366x176
How can I watch films more critically? I want to analyzing them like you guys.
>>
>>71087134
first, arrange all the characters in a threat matrix.
Cross reference that with a list of the Original Soundtrack (not the Score) track titles in alphabetical order.
The square root of the difference is the overall film 「quality」.

Bubble sort films by quality value and you're done.
>>
>>71088519
I think most people just look up the director of photography and then make there decision from that.
>>
Read the David Bordwell textbook, watch film analyses by competent people (e.g. every frame a painting), and practice! Sit down with a film (not necessarily one that you like) and try to apply the concepts and inferences you learn in the above-mentioned sources.
>>
File: image.jpg (205 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
205 KB, 3000x1688
>this thread
>>
>>
File: 1433154231718.jpg (4 KB, 250x248) Image search: [Google]
1433154231718.jpg
4 KB, 250x248
>>71087134
>/tv/
>analyzing anything but TDKR scene
>>
>>71090373
dead meme
>>
Don't read up on films, watch them closely. Read up on psychology instead.
>>
>>71090427
For you
>>
>>71087134
Just say Kino a lot and give examples of shit arty movies who nobody really enjoys. No one seems to know what the fuck it means, including myself, so you will be a pro in no time.
>>
>>71089278
that sounds like the most useless shit a human being could ever do with his time on this earth. reading a book to learn how to sit on your ass and watch tv. you must be a fucking moron if you actually do that kind of shit.
>>
>>71087134
Get a notepad with you and some sorth of treat. Whenever you think about a jab to take to the movie reward yourself with the treat. After you are done reread the notes over and over again while masturbating, post on Twitter how great your orgasm was and watch your fans congratulate you on a good job and then write the review
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.