[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is there a more overrated gangster flick in history?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: scarface.jpg (345 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
scarface.jpg
345 KB, 1680x1050
is there a more overrated gangster flick in history?
>>
Yeah, goodfellas
>>
The Godfather
>>
It's overhyped but still an 8/10.
>>
>>71083923
>>71083997
these
>>
Your moms gang bang video ;O)
>>
The part I never understood is how so many people try and glorify his lifestyle when he was completely in love with his sister

Kind of tough to be gangster when you want to fuck your little sister all the time
>>
>>71084117
he was just over protective and didn't want to think of his "sweet little sister" fucking anybody. To him he will always be his 5 year old little sister in his mind.
>>
File: Trailer_a1b926_5847122.jpg (32 KB, 500x327) Image search: [Google]
Trailer_a1b926_5847122.jpg
32 KB, 500x327
>>71084117
FOR REAL like why was that plot point even put in the story it's just the main character trying to fuck his kid sister then killing his best friend for marrying her
>>
scarface is kino. redditors leave
>>
>>71083911
No. It's awful.
>>
What's your problem with it, OP?

Pretty sure it's not revered as like the greatest work of art ever, or anything on the level of Godfather, but just as a really entertaining, stylish movie. Which I think it still is. And I'm not black.
>>
File: king-of-new-york-poster.jpg (213 KB, 968x1341) Image search: [Google]
king-of-new-york-poster.jpg
213 KB, 968x1341
is there a more underrated gangster flick in history?
>>
>>71083923

you muddafugga you
>>
>>71084117
All Tony Montana has going for him is Al Pacino. The character himself isn't anyone to aspire to. But people who glorify movies tend to be idiots, anyway.
>>
>>71084415
Maybe Melville's films.
>>
File: Goodfellas_149Pyxurz[1].jpg (214 KB, 1600x1155) Image search: [Google]
Goodfellas_149Pyxurz[1].jpg
214 KB, 1600x1155
>>71083923
This. The first half is golden. The second half is about a cocaine junkie/rat. Fuck the second half. Despite Scarface's shortcomings, it has one of the best shootout endings since The Wild Bunch.
>>
Yeah it's garbage.

Paul Shenar was excellent however.
>>
>>71085196
>The second half is about a cocaine junkie/rat.
Well no shit, the guy was becoming a rat. You ever read the book?
>>
File: scarface gina hot.jpg (88 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
scarface gina hot.jpg
88 KB, 1280x720
>>71084117
>>71084313
tbqh his sister was fucking hot

>>71084415
King of New York was pretty good (Walken and Fishbourne were god tier as always) but it felt kind of unmemorable.
I should rewatch it though.
>>
>>71085196
I sometimes turn it off after Tommy gets whacked. Henry running around like a maniac just isn't that interesting.
>>
>>71083923

don't get fresh.
>>
>>71084117
That's kind of the point. In the 1933 Scarface his relationship with his sister was ambiguously sexual to show how much of a degenerate he was. It was a deliberate move to make him look like a fucking freak so people wouldn't want to be gangsters despite all the cool shit he does.
>>
>>71085554

>dat bush

Wew lads.
>>
>>71085554
That perm is horrendous.
>>71083911
I haven't made it through Carlito's Way without falling asleep.
>>
>Scarface and Godfather had the same actor

jaysus I didn't even notice until now. he looks like a ragged hobo as Tony instead of a refined Corleone heir.
>>
I didn't like Mean Streets that much, it just seemed like a bunch of scenes all strung up together with no real plot (not to mention it was kind of boring).
I still respect its legacy though and I did enjoy Deniro's performance a lot, not to mention it was kind of neat seeing Scorsese starting with his craft.
>>
File: King Of New York (1990) (1).webm (2 MB, 1280x712) Image search: [Google]
King Of New York (1990) (1).webm
2 MB, 1280x712
>>71085554
What I love about King of New York is that unlike most later films of the genre it follows the basic formula of the classic gangster films from the 30's, but with several cool twists to it, along with a stellar cast (Walken at his best) and Ferrara's brilliant direction.

It also has a tongue-in-cheek quality to it which I really love
>>
>>71085971
Lawrence Fishburne saying "root beer" is one of the funniest things in film to me.
>>
The Departed is easily most overrated.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.