[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Shows up to play a soldier living in the Cambodian jungle.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 10234712364.jpg (108 KB, 1920x801) Image search: [Google]
10234712364.jpg
108 KB, 1920x801
>Shows up to play a soldier living in the Cambodian jungle.
>literally obese.
>didn't read the book.
>didn't learn his lines.
>didn't prepare at all.
>Spent most of the time just making up shit while Coppola filmed him.
>still fucking incredible.

How the fuck did he do it guys? Brando was truly a god among men.
>>
>>71081644
Because it's Brando. The guy is intimidating enough so Kubrick was probably like fuck it.
>>
He also found Dennis Hopper to be an ubereable fag and hated his guts.

>>71081690
Do you hail from an alternate dimension where Kubrick directed Apocalypse Now?
>>
I've always heard about a lot of people being disappointed in the ending.

Were they really expecting a big boss battle between Willard and Kurtz while the compound blows up around them?
>>
>>71081644

it's not incredible

Brando's sequences completely derail the film, they are easily the worst aspects of the movie. I like the movie overall but the last 30 minutes or so are pretty shit.

The Conversation on the other hand is a masterpiece.
>>
>>71081839
*Coppola

I'm high, leave me be. But just to be sure: is this the Berenstain universe?
>>
>>71081644
Now That's What I Call Acting
>>
>>71081644
He had presence and charisma. He wasn't really acting in this movie anyway, just saying lines
>>
>>71081644
Kurz only has like four lines in Heart of Darkness if I remember correctly
>no dark tribal girl
>>
>>71082137
>>71081907

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNRBajLM8_4
>>
Who was better

>old Sheen Apocalypse now.

or

>Young Sheen Platoon.
>>
He was fucking with FFC to see if he really understood the character or if he could phone it in. Remember the green bagel thing he tried to pull on the Superman producers? They found a copy of Heart of Darkness with notes all over it at his house when he died.
>>
>>71081644
>Brando
The man was a pretty shit actor. Him being on the set of The Island of Dr. Moreau was insanity.
>refused to take off an ice bucket from his head so they had to include it in the movie
>made friends with some midget and forced them to rewrite the script to include the midget
>killed some random peacock because he wanted feathers in the one scene
>refused to even learn his lines, wore an earpiece and had someone read them to him during filming
>>
>>71082336
Hot Shots Part Deux, where they cross paths on the river.
>>
File: 1466092775096.jpg (122 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
1466092775096.jpg
122 KB, 900x600
>>71081907
I feel the opposite. It feels like a quasi-action movie until we get to Brando. Then it becomes something else entirely. This trip we're following an apprehensive soldier with no voice. He knows that something's wrong, he's not sure what, but everyone around him is accepting of the situation, so he's going along with it. Brando brings whatever was in the back of everyone's mind right to the front, makes them confront it, and then ends it by emphasizing any futility in facing the truth. It really is nothing without him.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.