[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>dat fucking ending so many mysterious unsolved. god fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: sgu.jpg (29 KB, 762x441) Image search: [Google]
sgu.jpg
29 KB, 762x441
>dat fucking ending

so many mysterious unsolved. god fucking damn it. sgu had the potential to become the best of the stargate series.

and what happend to scifi? did the whole genre die with sgu?
>>
File: 1445739229702.jpg (93 KB, 524x380) Image search: [Google]
1445739229702.jpg
93 KB, 524x380
>>71072247
>sgu had the potential to become the best of the stargate series.
Nah never. It would have never become the comfy, funny and light-hearted show the way its predecessors were because the cast was atrocious and the writing was even worse.

I agree the second half of the second season got better because of the more suspenseful writing, but fuck literally everything else about this garbage shitshow.
>>
>>71072657
I loved the idea of a real overarching plot. the ancients building a ship to go look for god was very, very interesting in my opinion.
sg1 and sga didn't have much of a storyline, it was enemy-of-the-week pretty much the whole way through.
>>
>>71072657
>It would have never become the comfy, funny and light-hearted show the way its predecessors were

not every scifi show needs to be a lighthearted adventure.
ds9 and BSG had very dark storylines about real people and real drama and both are considered scifi classics.
>>
File: 1454282430455.gif (2 MB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
1454282430455.gif
2 MB, 360x240
>>71072868
What are you talking about?

Both shows had overarching plots.

First they wanted to find Daniel's wife and thus explored the galaxy, making more and more enemies, which made the Goold angry at them. Thus the objective was to rid the galaxy of the Goold's dominion. Within this overarching plot, the Ancients became successively more important which basically culminated in the last two seasons and Atlantis, which introduced the infamous enemy that even the Ancients could not beat.

>>71072929
>not every scifi show needs to be a lighthearted adventure.

Stargate is, otherwise it isn't Stargate. Also SG1 and SGA had many episodes which were quite dark. No need to transform the entire series and alienate every fan.
>>
>>71073061
plot =/= premise
>>
>>71074298
I don't think you know what the word plot means.
>>
https://youtu.be/j_M9PZM6lWU?t=48s
>>
File: GeorgeHammondConfused.jpg (108 KB, 700x393) Image search: [Google]
GeorgeHammondConfused.jpg
108 KB, 700x393
GOOLD?
>>
>>71072247
I remember reading online notes of what they were planning for season 3.

All i remember now is that when they awoke from hypersleep, Chloe's pod malfunctioned and left her briandead, so they downloaded Gin's contiousness into her body.

Also a military sect of the decendants try to take destiny.
>>
File: giphy (1).gif (1 MB, 338x300) Image search: [Google]
giphy (1).gif
1 MB, 338x300
>>71072247
watching that shit for more than 3 eps
>>
>>71075903
>Chloe's pod malfunctioned and left her briandead
fucking kek, that'd be funny
>>
>>71072247

I still say if they had flipped the Ori and Lucien alliance plots (season 1 anyway) around both SG-1 and SGU would have benefited.

There's also something wrong when some of your shows best episodes end up being retconned due to time travel fuckery.
>>
>>71072247
fuck you stargate, thats what you get for killing farscape and absorbing the actors into your shitty show
>>
>>71072247
The only reason to watch SGU was for Eli's plot armor and the tittymonster.
>>
>this is what destiny intended from the start
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.