[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wow this was actually pretty good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: totalrecall.jpg (153 KB, 863x1280) Image search: [Google]
totalrecall.jpg
153 KB, 863x1280
wow this was actually pretty good
>>
nice blog
>>
>>71043513
it sucked ass
>>
I don't really think it improved on the original at all but it was a fine 1 time watch. Certainly 1 of the better rehashes we've seen in the past decade
>>
No it was pure shit like 9 out of 10 remakes.
>>
nigger didn't even go to mars
>>
>>71043602
Did you see the extended cut or theatrical?

I just watched the extended cut for the first time and was very pleased with what I saw.

Yes it was entierely different from the original but then again that's a good thing as they didn't copy it complete frame by frame.

Also the ending leaves the viewer with the question of is he really dreaming or not?

The CGI was pretty impressive and didn't look too low budget. It was jam packed with action scenes, the scene when they were running through the moving lifts and trying to not be squashed reminded me of the film Cube a bit.

A great casting choice indeed. A shame though we didn't get to see Mars or some funny quips that the original had with Arnie talking to himself.

This is a movie I'd definitely give a watch again in a few years time. I really need to re watch the Arnie one though.
>>
File: 44812_front.jpg (987 KB, 1611x2013) Image search: [Google]
44812_front.jpg
987 KB, 1611x2013
How do you people rate the original film?

Do you think it aged very well?

Been ages since I seen so I cannot remember all the detail.
>>
total recall, robocop, and now ghostbusters...all remakes that become forgotten after 6 months.
>>
>>71043968
I still have yet to see the new robocop.

I like the idea of making him more human with a child so maybe I may like it but I guess there is no blood or violence at all?
>>
>>71043836
It's 90s as all hell but it still stands as a quality piece of film-making.

I'm a massive Paul Verhoeven fan so I'd usually hate a remake, but the new one didn't tread on the original's toes too much, it was just a different film. Neither of them are like the original story anyway.

One aspect I did like was combining Ironside's & Stone's characters into one. They really don't need to be two separate people.
>>
>>71044090
The new RoboCop isn't as terrible as some people make out, it's just not good.

On paper I can see how it might have looked good. It's actually a more comprehensive critique of the impact of big corporations.

OCP in the original was a comic book 80s boardroom. In this it's led by a passionate visionary and its testicles are in everything.
It pulls Murphy from his family.
It biases the media.
It perverts medical prosthetics to weapons of war.

But in the end, it's just not a very good film.
>>
File: It's Not a Tumor!.jpg (10 KB, 300x230) Image search: [Google]
It's Not a Tumor!.jpg
10 KB, 300x230
>>71043513
didn't like it
>>
>>71044391
*tenticles
>>
>>71044391
I too like putting my testicles everywhere
>>
>>71044090
The new Robocop has one scene that's top fucking notch, right up there with the boardroom scene except with a different tone. The "reveal" scene. But the rest is sadly forgettable.
>>
>>71044495
There's also a bit of Robo using an enemy as cover in a flash of Vanquish tier badassery.
>>
File: Kate Beckinsale choke hug.webm (3 MB, 1280x533) Image search: [Google]
Kate Beckinsale choke hug.webm
3 MB, 1280x533
>>
File: Kate Beckinsale panties.webm (3 MB, 1280x533) Image search: [Google]
Kate Beckinsale panties.webm
3 MB, 1280x533
>>
>>71046983
how do you even stay that attractive at 40 years old holy shit
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.