[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A reminder that this didn't win a single Oscar, not even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: straight_outta_compton.jpg (408 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
straight_outta_compton.jpg
408 KB, 1920x1080
A reminder that this didn't win a single Oscar, not even for music.
>>
>Rap
>Music
>>
It's a shitty nigger flick with nigger music for niggers.
>>
>>71003202
>>71003207
and people say the /pol/ boogieman isnt real
>>
Because none of the music was original.
>>
Public Enemy was always better
>>
Is your wife's son making you post this thread?
>>
>>71003135
Didn't see it, but I heard it was really only OK, maybe good, but nothing Oscar worthy.

Also, wasn't it exaggerated or something?
>>
Why would it? Was there even any original music on it?
>>
>>71003202
those words literally go together.
>>
YEAH FUCK TO POLICE, FUCK WHITE PEOPLE. ALL OF OUR PROBLEMS COME FROM THEM.
Why won't you respect us and give us money.

But for real Ice Cube could give a shit who liked it. He just did for the fans of the music
>>
>>71003135
A reminder that it didn't deserve any.
>>
Was it any good?
>>
>black people never do anything wrong and it's always the white person to blame for all their problems.

This is the message the movie portrays. All their legal problems are because of white cops, because of course they would never carry drugs or guns, it's obviously the white man framing them. And all their music troubles are because of their jew manager, it's all his fault the white man's fault they broke up.
>>
>>71003135
Yeah because it was garbage pandering to wiggers and niggers who think they can rap. They were also ruthless bastards who made money off of bragging about breaking the law, real fucking cool. Also,
this...>>71003202
>>
>>71003135
It won the African-American Film Critics Association awards for Best Picture, Best Ensemble, and Best Supporting Actor.

It won the Alliance of Women Film Journalists award for Best Ensemble Cast.

It won the American Film Institute award for top 10 films.

It won the Black Film Critics Circle awards for Best Screenwriting (Original Screenplay) and Best Ensemble Performance.

It won the Black Reel Awards for Best Cast (Ensemble) and Outstanding Original Score.

It won the Casting Society of America award for Best Big Budget - Drama.

It won two Hamptons International Film Festival awards for Breakthrough Performer.

It won a Hollywood Film Award for Breakout Ensemble.

It won a Las Vegas Film Critics Society award for top 10 films.

It won an MTV Movie Award for True Story.

It won two NAACP Image Awards for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture.

It won a Phoenix Critics Circle award for Best Musical.

Who needs an Oscar? This film won many, many serious and important awards.
>>
>Wright was admitted to the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles with what he believed to be asthma due to a recurring cough and wincing that occurred beginning in July of 1994. Instead, he was diagnosed with AIDS

Niggers gonna nigger.
>>
>>71003135

no matter how much denial /tv/ and /pol/ that its a "bad film" the amount of white washing and total disregard for black movies disgusts me
>>
There was a skinny lank white guy wearing a shirt frok this movie at my hardware class
cringe desu
>>
It's just nigger propaganda, why should it?
>>
>>71003415
/tv/ loved Beasts though, and Miss Simone was a great doc. The rest are complete trash though.
>>
>>71003135
I find amazing how the changed the context behind the songs. For example the song about the black guy dealing with the police was in reality about a drug dealer friend of ice cube
>>
>a movie about how an evil jew breaks up a group of innocent African american teenagers that didn't do nothing wrong
>Why didn't it win an Oscar?
>>
>>71003135

Because "fuck the police" isn't exactly going to resonate with the academy my edgy friend.
>>
>>71003415

this. I'm not liberal, but ignoring Beasts of No Nation, Elba and Creed is just white washing
>>
>>71003395

Half of those are affirmative action meme awards.
>>
Why would it win an Oscar for music, retard? It didn't have a score and none of its music was original.
>>
And it didn't deserve any Oscars, it was the most average biopic I've ever seen, basically a Dr. Dre/Ice Cube masturbatory whitewashing of history

>the most sympathetic scene with Dre is when he gets in his white ferrari and speeds through LA streets at 120 MPH for no fucking reason, putting hundreds of people in potential danger, we're meant to empathize with him when he gets out and the evil white spotlight forces him to his knees

what the fuck, Dre was a fucking scumbag and is a fucking scumbag.
>>
The second half of this movie is terrible.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.