[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw i fell for the o brother where art thou is good meme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
>tfw i fell for the o brother where art thou is good meme

jesus christ
>>
>>71002549
Are you upset at their depiction of the KKK?
>>
no meme, it's good
>>
pleb
>>
>>71002549
my mom's always playing the soundtrack from this so I asked her if it was her favourite film and she had no idea that a movie even existed
>>
>>71002549
>hating on the Coen "based" Brothers

fuck you
>>
>I realized I'm a turbopleb
>>
>>71002582
>>71002599
>>71002636
>>71002677
>>71002680
ITT: people who watched it when they were 12.
>>
>disliking a movie with the best soundtrack of all time

It's almost as if you have embraced your own plebhood...
>>
>>71002749
i watched it a week ago and I'm too old to admit my age on here, so go suck a dick
>>
>>71002648
You mom listens to negro work songs for fun?
>>
>>71002549
It's meant to be entertaining. For a simple mainstream movie, it's good. It's hard to make an entertaining movie with any real substance, because any subject worth telling a story about is typically not very pleasant, and any attempt to dampen the impact is counterproductive and comes off as tacky and pretentious.
>>
>>71003745
There are deeper themes at work in OBWT than just a modernized adaptation of the Odyssey,

It says that no matter how much mankind embraces rationalism and science, hints of the magic and myth of our past will always be with us, and that's a good thing.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.