[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Podcasts Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Fatman.jpg (97 KB, 1364x935) Image search: [Google]
Fatman.jpg
97 KB, 1364x935
So I just got back from a taping of Fatman on Batman and it was some fascinating shit. I mean it was literally just them talking for an hour or so but Smith himself is charismatic as fuck and passionate about the shit he was talking about. At the end he urged everyone in the room to start their own podcast, and I'm not gonna lie it made me wanna get on that shit soon.

Anyone else here start a podcast? Feel like sharing it?
>>
>>70990429
>start a podcast

but you're a boring piece of shit son
>>
>>70990429
>supporting kevin smith in any way shape or form

you should end yourself tbqh
>>
The only podcasts I've ever enjoyed is the champs and hollywood handbook. Sucks that hh is on earwolf and is associated with cbb which is some of the cringiest, forced, horrible, every bad adjective I know, they call a podcast.

HH has comedy 2 comedy writers from workaholics and eastbound and down.

It sucks that it feels like no one knows this podcast, sean the writer from workaholics is so fucking funny.
>>
kevin smith is a bitch, does anyone know if his daughter gets undressed in the new movie?
>>
>>70991103
OP here, the podcast taping was after a showing of it.

No, she does not.

>>70991043
What makes you say that?
>>
>>70991079
>Comedy Bang Bang
Is it really that bad? Show made me chuckle a few times.
>>
>>70991344
It is the worst to me, the jokes are so forced, the host is very unfunny and when there's a good guest on. There's usually multiple guests and the good guest is overpowered.
>>
>>70991504
Huh, that's a shame.
>>
Anybody else a fan of We Hate Movies?
>>
>>70990429
He does that at every public speaking event now. Has done that for the last few years. Not to shit on that or anything, because he always makes a good point in that you never know what could come of just sitting around and shooting the shit with your friends.

I agree with the way he views podcasting though, like, there's something inherently sweet and unique in the moments where friends just sit around and talk, and the funny shit that is said in these conversations is more golden than 99% of any comedic moment you'd find in a comedy flick, probably because it's in the moment and comes from a feeling of just being content.

Well anyway, have a bump. I don't listen to Fatman on Batman, but I've listened to Smodcast, TESD and HBO for years. From NEARLY the very beginning of all of it. Sort of just stopped listening to J&B Get Old though, no real reason for that, just did.
>>
>>70991946
Thanks for the bump my man.

And yeah, like it was fascinating how he viewed it. I already had a friend who really wanted to do podcasting and seeing that I paid 15 bucks to see some cool fat fuck shoot the shit with some black guy (I actually didn't pay for the podcast, but I did for the movie) made me wonder what would happen if I started talking about shit with my friends.
>>
I don't create any podcasts of my own but I have listened to every Fatman on Batman podcast and seen every YouTube vid of the show and it really is a cool podcast for people who just like to have good conversations about comics, movies, and pop culture in general. Also Silent Bob is the shit and just seems like a genuinely good person. People just hate on him cause he won at life. Fuck the haters
>>
Here's my podcast I've recently started. It's called "Watching With" and it's pretty much me doing movie commentaries with my friends.

Here's a link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1scuws8h0p8kohl/AADh5F36itLvSCWlY3npmUNka?dl=0

And here's our brand new twitter:
https://twitter.com/WatchingWithPod/followers

>Why listen to this podcast?
Because we don't really expect people to listen to it anyway so we don't police our opinions about anything. And we're having a lot of fun doing it, and maybe you'll discover a new movie you might never have seen otherwise.
>>
>>70993368
I'm a big fan of Kevin Smith's podcast too. I think Smodcast has hit a lull though, I'm really not a fan of the scan BC stuff to want to go back every time for that.
>>
Anybody here listen to the Sanspants Radio network. That's about the only truly comedy focused stuff I listen to. The group has great cemistry, and their five shows all scratch a different itch
D&D is For Nerds
>Pretty much it's always sunny as a d&d quest
It's just good business
>like a parody of shark tank
Plumbing the Death Star
>hypothetical shitposting: the podcast
Movie Maintenance
>Pretty much a /tv/ bitch thread in podcast form
Shut Up A Second
>Just lads shooting the breeze

They aren't a massive group and I rarely hear them talked about, but they deserve more praise, especially here, where I swear they may as well come from
>>
I've really enjoyed the projection booth for actual film discussion. The Flophouse is a much better version of how did this get made, without all The PC bullshit(yeah manzoutkas makes edgy jokes here and there but they always force in feminism and racial shit in almost every episode). Anyone know of any other purely informational casts? A lot of film related casts often go the comedy angle as a main theme, or "lets watch bad flicks and rag on them". I'm looking for some film discussion, more technical sided stuff as well.
>>
>>70997807
I agree on how did this get made. The epsiode on Punisher: War Zone was pretty good though.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.