[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This character would never have randomly entered a hunting zone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: file.png (294 KB, 675x366) Image search: [Google]
file.png
294 KB, 675x366
He goes from being the smartest guy in the movie strategically to like "oh shit there's people out there? I better go and take on an unknown amount of dinosaurs including raptors and trexes and those ones that spit venom, I can totally use one gun to kill all of them!"
>>
>>70972357
One gun is fine, he just needed a better one with more ammunition. His real mistake was going alone knowing Raptors were experts in ambushes.
>>
I always had the impression he already knew they were all doomed once the fences went down.

He just wanted to give her a chance using himself as bait.

Also, NO ONE knew the behaviour of these animals in "the field", so he probably expected the hunting behaviour of lions.
>>
>>70972425
this
>>
>>70972357

did you see jurassic park 2? all the characters just walked right into dinosaurs mouths whenever it was time for them to die. one of the most retarded movies I've ever seen.
>>
He lives in the book so it's ok
>>
He doesn't go full retard in the book
>>
>>70972357
to be fair he was just trying to get to that shed and back, plus everything >>70972425 said is true desu senpai
>>
>>70972425
>He just wanted to give her a chance using himself as bait.

That's potentially likely.

I disagree he didn't know how the dinosaurs would behave, they're going to kill and hunt, that's obvious.

I'd like to know how the book explained it.
>>
>>70972501
>>70972512

PIECE OF SHIT HACKBERG

I know this act was completely unreasonable and out of character. FUCK YOU HACKBERG.
>>
>>70972537
He hides in a tree log as the raptors swarm him he also wastes a couple of them
>>
>>70972357

How did he not know that Raptors attack from the side?
>>
>>70972537

He lived because there were more useful characters than just him in the book and they used teamwork to complete objetives without being killed. The lawyer also lived and was a badass too.
>>
>>70972537
in the book hammond's an even more delusional fart that only gives a shit about investing in what's presented to the visitors and using automation for everything else. iirc he only gets muldoon a single rocket launcher to administer the whole park
>>
>>70972537

More than likely, he knows the raptors are stalking them and seperates himself from Sattler to give her a chance. And I agree with what the others said that he didn't know how raptors hunt, hence the line "clever girl".
>>
>>70972357
why didn't he just turn around and shoot it instead of saying a line? Why didn't he have a dinocleaving bayonet on his rifle? Why didn't he go into close combat and choke the raptor?
>>
>>70973469
No matter how fast he would have turned, he was getting jumped. He even tried to turn his gun on it and couldn't swing it around before the raptor was on him. Its reactions were too fast and it was kind of toying with him.

I'm not sure if a SPAS-12 can be outfitted for a bayonet. But having a knife in his vest to easily unholster might have been a good decision...most hunters carry a knife for utility.

Close combat the raptor has too many options. Claws, those razor shredders on his feet, razor sharp teeth, better balance and muscle structure for hunting and overall twitch speed. You wouldn't stand a chance against an adult Raptor 2m tall.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.