[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT great movies with shit endings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
ITT great movies with shit endings
>>
File: recreipwons.png (655 KB, 486x720) Image search: [Google]
recreipwons.png
655 KB, 486x720
ITT: shit movies with great endings
>>
>>70953018
if you thought the ending of SNOWPIERCER was shit then you severely misunderstood the entire film
>>
>>70953321
what if i thought the entire thing was shit and just culminated as such?
>>
>>70953388
you're entitled to that opinion, though i disagree with it.
>>
>>70953018

Snowpiercer was garbage from front to back. I have no idea what the fuck people see in this thing.
>>
File: the-usual-suspects.18652.jpg (246 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
the-usual-suspects.18652.jpg
246 KB, 1000x1500
>>70953018
>>
>>70953429
People would generally be more interested in why you don't like it

Attempt to appeal to that and you might generate some discussion
>>
I thought that the ending of Snowpiercer was pretty good. It took someone from outside the system to break the system rather than take control of it.
The real problem is that they didn't play up the fact enough that the main villain was bullshitting the entire time.
The old man even says ''don't let him talk to you, just cut off his tongue'' and the hero doesn't, he lets him talks and almost gets fucked from it.
I like the whole 'villain talks to the hero about why they're similar, and all was according to keikaku' but it wasn't completely well done imo.
>>
>>70953448
This one really annoyed me
>hear that the movie has a great ending twist and is the reason to watch the movie
>movie starts
>oh okay, I get it the main guy who planned the whole thing is part of the group and you have to figure out who it is
>well obviously it's the smart sounding guy but that would be too obvious
>lol nope it's this guy, you were wrong
>huh, I didn't see that coming, though it doesn't really make sense since...
>LOL TRICKED YOU IT WAS ACTUALLY THE GUY YOU THOUGHT FROM THE START
The twist is that I guessed correctly but the movie put doubts on whether I had guessed correctly before telling me I was right.
I'm honestly not sure what to think about that.
>>
>>70953460

>why you don't like it

Because it was poorly written, poorly acted nonsense that wasted what very little it had in the train set piece and had no emotional value to anything with it's terrible plot?
>>
>>70953018
Man that sucked. I was hoping for some satisfying payoff.

>>70953448
I'm glad he got away with it. A movie is ALWAYS better if good doesn't triumph.
>>
>>70953639
>I was hoping for some satisfying payoff.
>A movie is ALWAYS better if good doesn't triumph.
do you realize how contradictory this sounds? and in the same post, too. jeeze.
>>
>>70953686
It's not. See, a thing can be good or better without being the best. I can enjoy a bad thing or kinda like something but not so much.
>>
>>70953639
>A movie is ALWAYS better if good doesn't triumph.
That's incorrect. It's not about good or evil winning but caring if it's a good story and interesting. Him getting caught wouldn't have been interesting. Good has to earn that triumph.
>>
File: 2001-A-Space-Odyssey.jpg (119 KB, 1349x1071) Image search: [Google]
2001-A-Space-Odyssey.jpg
119 KB, 1349x1071
Once you find out Kubrick ran out of money at the end so had to fudge the Space Baby ending instead of seeing Dave go to the Alien planet and evolve into a higher being, the real ending is pretty awful and rushed.
>>
>>70953448
I like seeing Kevin Spacey winning
>>
>>70953460
Another guy here, and I get that it's an allegory for modern society's built-in reinforcement of economic stratification, but that doesn't excuse the single thing that makes no sense:

Replacement parts.

They devoted all those resources to creating a self-sustaining environment but it didn't occur to them to include a machine shop to retool worn out parts?

I get that the message is supposed to be that that the train's elite see the lower classes as no more than "pieces of the machine," but it's suspension-breaking for me.
>>
File: image.gif (1000 KB, 500x210) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1000 KB, 500x210
>>
>>70953819
I bet you also like House of Cards.
>>
>>70953018

this movie was shit the whole way
>>
>>70953821
>it didn't occur to them to include a machine shop to retool worn out parts?
They probably had something like that but ran out of disposable metal. I think the point was that the train was on its last legs and that the people from the back of the train were fighting over something worthless.
It only occurs to the Korean people to look outside of the train, outside the system, for a future rather than bicker over worthless shit.
>>
>>70953018

SUNSHINE
>>
>>70953870
Probably so, though it would have been nice to at least hear it mentioned, not to mention they'd have to pass by it, it being a train and all. A quick, two-minute scene of a ruined machine shop and overused brittle metal is all it would really take.
>>
>>70953825
>>70953872

>sunshine's ending
>shit

what

it's a beautiful ending
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.