[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck is China so afraid of movies with ghosts, spooks,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: 221082-133717-phantom-lady.jpg (23 KB, 400x551) Image search: [Google]
221082-133717-phantom-lady.jpg
23 KB, 400x551
Why the fuck is China so afraid of movies with ghosts, spooks, poltergeists, apparitions, revenants, specters, and ethereal and other incorporeal beings?

Would a Phantom Lady movie be too liberating for them?
>>
no one fucking cares
>>
>>70941582
Fuck off
I want to talk about ghost movies in China and a Phantom Lady film with /tv/. Don't act like your threads are any better.
>>
Adam Hughes more like Adam Huge
Hugetits
Am I right
>>
File: IMG_20160618_013050.jpg (37 KB, 400x551) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160618_013050.jpg
37 KB, 400x551
>>
File: phantomladycover.jpg (643 KB, 653x1020) Image search: [Google]
phantomladycover.jpg
643 KB, 653x1020
>>70941650
He draws em big that's for sure.

>>70941668
Heh
>>
Pretty sure it has to do with state-controlled religion. They can't have demons or anything supernatural but silly sci fi is allowed so I guess it's okay to only believe in and enjoy certain *kinds* of fantasy.

There will never be a Phantom Lady movie.
>>70941582
Is right, nobody knows who the fuck she is and nobody cares. Why should they? Her huge cartoon tits?
>>
>>70941795
There was a Phantom Lady/Goon crossover?
>>
>>70941903
That's another Hughes cover for a collection that was released about ten years ago.

But there could be, Phantom Lady is public domain so you or /tv/ or Eric Powell could do whatever you want with her. She was in Savage Dragon for a couple minutes once.
>>
A lot of Koreans believe if you leave the fan on without opening a window you will suffocate, different strokes for different folks
>>
>>70942041
fuckin gooks man
>>
>China strong
>Afraid of ghosts
>>
>>70942041
Are Asians the most superstitious people on the planet? I thought that was black people.
>>
>>70941493
Gooks 2 spooked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d9H_1ygEv8
>>
>>70942041
Chinese people believe the number 4 is bad luck the same way the west thinks 13 is bad luck

Also never give a Korean person a knife as a gift apparently it means they are about to die.
>>
File: chyna.jpg (70 KB, 645x370) Image search: [Google]
chyna.jpg
70 KB, 645x370
Chyna is dead and was not afraid anything.

Good night, sweet princess.
>>
>>70942158
A lot of Chinese are also afraid if the colors black and red together so they break up the design with a third color or just avoid the combination altogether. The government also has official Ghostbusters and exorcists who cleanse buildings and construction sites.
>>
>>70941493
They grew up in a generation with no understanding of supernatural events because of the lack of religion.

It just doesn't make sense to them.
>>
>>70942252
What supernatural events?
>>
>>70942371
you know, the great ghost invasion of 1969, the attempted return of the antichrist, and jesus' second coming.

where were you? living under a bridge?
>>
>>70942205
>Chyna dies
>She Hulk gets killed off weeks later

2spooky
>>
>>70942371
Nah meant like the supernatural in general. The new communist party didn't allow traditional religions to continue openly.

>>70942747
Bravo, way to really further the discussion on this board. I hope your standardized tests went well this year kiddo.
>>
>>70942205
Chyna was a disgusting liar and whore. Nothing of value was lost with her death.
>>
>>70942252
>supernatural events
Get a load of this retard
>>
>>70942919
http://cdn.adultdvdmarketplace.com/images/ivd_large_front_image/235646.jpg
>>
>>70941493
Aren't movies featuring time travel illegal in China, too?
>>
>>70942993
Nah it's pretty awful actually.
>>
>>70941493
Do edgy Chinese teens get together to watch mediocre American movies about ghosts?
>>
>>70943175
>How fucking miserable can living in China be?
the highlight of your life is your brutal death being endlessly replayed on LiveLeak
>>
>>70943175
>How fucking miserable can living in China be?

not everyone needs to be a fucking degenerate to enjoy life

meme
>>
>>70943253
>they pretend they're all brothers and form gay gangs that fuck in abandoned buildings all day
>>
File: 4F9uwcP.png (522 KB, 714x719) Image search: [Google]
4F9uwcP.png
522 KB, 714x719
>>70941493
REAL ANSWER: State controlled propaganda is very AGAINST any idea of a soul and afterlife catching on. Theyre litterally scared that if a christian like missionary started preaching the kingdom of heaven and our souls continuing on after we die that their workers would kill themselves in droves.

Half of their will to live in such bleak and oppressive environment stems from their thinking this world is it. They are literally thought policed to be drones. Ghosts and spooks dont scare them because they look scary, its makes them consider things theyve been trained to ignore their whole lives. Shit is why Japs and Chinks hate each other, Japs don't have this problem.
>>
>>70944308
>China and Japan hate each other due to cultural differences regarding the supernatural
hurr
>>
>>70944308
bretty sure that's not why japs and chinks hate each other anon....
>>
>half the thread gets deleted when "spammers" get banned
>Demi Moore's naked ass is still bouncing up and down in the catalogue
>ghosts are still illegal in China

okay then
>>
Ghosts became taboo in China after the Cultural Revolution because the Commies murdered so many people that the entire country became haunted. Would you want to watch movies about ghosts if those bastards drove you out of your home, or scared your grandma to death? One time I was over there and I heard something like spectral manacles clanging in the hallway outside my room. Thankfully when I opened the door it was just the super talking to the caretaker.

t. English teacher
>>
>>70941493

Because belief in the spirit or ghost etc is very real in Asia due to centuries of ancestor veneration/worship.

t. /his/
>>
>>70947016
>>70946957
I thought it was bad luck to ignore the pleas of your ancestors. When they tell the Mulan story there do they just leave out the part with the dragon waking up the spirits? It's kind of what kicks the whole story into gear.
>>
>>70947016

The game "Chinese Whispers" started out as a shamanic experience where one could communicate with spirits from the beyond, a sort of shorthand seance if you will.
In the late 1970's the communist party created the "game" as a way of subverting belief in ghost activity and communication. If you don't believe in spirits your connection with them weakens, and over time people came to think of it as simply a game.

t. Chinese Ancestor
>>
>>70947137
Not bad luck
Shame
>>
>>70942130
Niggers aren't superstitious, they're just stupid.
>>
>>70942826
Bendis only likes strong culturally Jewish women and big black women.
>>
>>70949484
They both experience paranormal phenomenon in equal measure, though.
>>
>>70942248
See this is why edumacation is the singularly most important thing for a population.
Of course plutocrats dont care about such things
>>
>>70942832
then why do they have this?
>>70942248
>official ghostbusters
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.