[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars creator George Lucas apologized for comments he made
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: lucas-disney_star-wars-640x447.jpg (79 KB, 640x447) Image search: [Google]
lucas-disney_star-wars-640x447.jpg
79 KB, 640x447
Star Wars creator George Lucas apologized for comments he made during a recent interview with Charlie Rose in which he referred to the Walt Disney Company as "white slavers."

During that same interview with Rose, Lucas also somewhat criticized the route Disney went with the latest Star Wars film, The Force Awakens, its first undertaking since purchasing the franchise.

"They wanted to do a retro movie. I don't like that. Every movie, I worked very hard to make them different," Lucas told Rose. "I made them completely different — different planets, different spaceships to make it new."

On Thursday, Lucas seemed to address that statement as well.

"Disney is doing an incredible job of taking care of and expanding the franchise," Lucas said in the statement. "I rarely go out with statements to clarify my feelings, but I feel it is important to make it clear that I am thrilled that Disney has the franchise and is moving it in such exciting directions in film, television and the parks."

Lucas made the comment while talking about the Star Wars franchise, which he created and breathed life into many decades ago, but ultimately sold to Disney in 2012 for $4 billion.

While talking to Rose about how much he loved the films he created and four of which he directed — even calling them his "kids" — Lucas said he "sold them to the white slavers that take these things, and ... ." He did not finish his thought, but rather laughed before Rose moved on to another question.
>>
inb4 hipsters defending the prequels
>>
>>70923533
>hipsters on 4chan
They are just called autists anon.
>>
>>70923533

Dubs don't lie, the prequels were complete shit
>>
>>70923508
>I made them completely different — different planets, different spaceships to make it new.
Aw, yes. The different spaceships totally sold me on the Phantom Menace. Instead of black/grey ships that went pew pew, there were some yellow ships that went pew pew. And did you see that new alien race? Gungans, I think they were called? Such a delightful addition.

Too bad that he kind of forgot about the actual story telling part in the process of making those other things.
I'm waiting for Lucas to die of alzheimer's. At least he can stop shitting on some decent franchises now.
>>
File: Droid Control Ship destroyed.webm (3 MB, 936x400) Image search: [Google]
Droid Control Ship destroyed.webm
3 MB, 936x400
>>70923704
>Death Star 3 before TFA
>>
At least the prequels were original. Force Awakens is a piss poor rehash that has all the epic reddit fanboys on board.

You wait, episode 8 will be more rehash and a vehicle for the left to push their liberal agenda with forcing women women, gays and trannies into major franchises for no real reason other than to pander to minorities.

Mark my words, Pow will be gay
>>
File: coppola-lucas-r2d2.jpg (172 KB, 640x809) Image search: [Google]
coppola-lucas-r2d2.jpg
172 KB, 640x809
Lucas was a hippie experimental filmmaker who became king of a toy empire by accident. I doubt he cared about all the money and I think he always resented Star Wars for turning him into this.

>At this time, Lucas and his friend John Plummer became interested in Canyon Cinema: screenings of underground, avant-garde 16 mm filmmakers like Jordan Belson, Stan Brakhage, and Bruce Conner.[10]

>Lucas was deeply influenced by the Filmic Expression course taught at the school by filmmaker Lester Novros which concentrated on the non-narrative elements of Film Form like color, light, movement, space, and time. Another inspiration was the Serbian montagist (and dean of the USC Film Department) Slavko Vorkapich, a film theoretician who made stunning montage sequences for Hollywood studio features at MGM, RKO, and Paramount. Vorkapich taught the autonomous nature of the cinematic art form, emphasizing the unique dynamic quality of movement and kinetic energy inherent in motion pictures.

>Lucas saw many inspiring films in class, particularly the visual films coming out of the National Film Board of Canada like Arthur Lipsett's 21-87, the French-Canadian cameraman Jean-Claude Labrecque's cinéma vérité 60 Cycles, the work of Norman McLaren, and the documentaries of Claude Jutra. Lucas fell madly in love with pure cinema and quickly became prolific at making 16 mm nonstory noncharacter visual tone poems and cinéma vérité with such titles as Look at Life, Herbie, 1:42.08, The Emperor, Anyone Lived in a Pretty (how) Town, Filmmaker, and 6-18-67. He was passionate and interested in camerawork and editing, defining himself as a filmmaker as opposed to being a director, and he loved making abstract visual films that created emotions purely through cinema.[10]
>>
Doesn't change the fact that TFA was a boring bowl of rehashed shit.

One bad movie doesn't make it better than other bad movies by someone else.
>>
File: image.png (575 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
image.png
575 KB, 800x480
>>70923811
>C3PO shoved in for no reason
>R2D2 back for no reason
>dude Jango Fett is also a bounty hunter lmao
>Clones are a ripoff of storm troopers
>dude Baby Boba Fett lmao
>Republic ships are a ripoff of Imperial Star destroyers
>Naboo is earth
>Death Star plans in Attack of the Clones
>All Jedi wear Tatooine farmer robes
>Corisant is a ripoff of the city from Blade Runner
>dude Genonisis is Tatooine with rocks lmao
>dude Kamino is just Cloud City with water instead of clouds lmao
>original
>>
I'm actually surprised how little I hate TFA. Adventures of Negro Stormtrooper and Scavenger Slut on the run from space ISIS was great fun. I dread the next installment because they won't be this fun again.

I guess if I was actually a fan of Star Wars, I'd hate it though. Because of how deliberate it is in its undoing of Star Wars. But thankfully I don't care.
>>
File: 1401197393910.jpg (149 KB, 530x600) Image search: [Google]
1401197393910.jpg
149 KB, 530x600
>>70923785
>watching those space chinks getting blown up
>>
>>70923988
I'll take shoehorned in characters for merchandising purposes over shoehorned in minorities anyday
>>
>>70924047
Finn was an integral part of the story and served the plot.

C3PO quipped a few times.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.