[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the last movie you just turned off halfway because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: Sinister-UK-Poster.jpg (587 KB, 2085x1570) Image search: [Google]
Sinister-UK-Poster.jpg
587 KB, 2085x1570
What's the last movie you just turned off halfway because you didn't like it?

This was just boring and predictable. I'll admit the lawnmower jumpscare got me, but overall it just wasn't interesting
>>
how do you know it was predictable if you didn't finish it?

what did you expect to happen at the end?
>>
File: Valhalla-Rising[1].jpg (98 KB, 940x395) Image search: [Google]
Valhalla-Rising[1].jpg
98 KB, 940x395
I'm not one for slow and artsy movies.
>>
>>70920345
>what did you expect to happen at the end?
The daughter to kill the rest of the family.
>>
>>70920357
>artsy
plebs leave
>>
>>70920327
first half was excellent

went to shit in the 2nd half
>>
>>70920363
>Plebs Leave
What movie is that?
>>
Big Lebowski.

Couldn't make it through his rug argument or whatever.
>>
>>70920327
Godfather like 3 times already. Just can't marathon that shit.
>>
>>70920327
I was so disappointed by this movie, half-way through it, I thought I nailed the twist: I believed that the movie was meta and that the film itself was like one the tape the reporter keeps on watching, some kind of mise abyme. But no there wasn't even a twist, nothing to reedeem the second half, except if you consider "Moving into another house will kill you !!!".
>>
>>70920327
really? lol I thought it was pretty good. Best horror I'd seen in years along with Conjuring.

It was kinda dumb how ethan hawke kept walking around his house in the dark without turning the lights on but that's horror for you.
>>
>>70920625
literal pleb. not even memeing.
>>
The twist was hardly even one.
I think it was more interesting the methods which the kids used to kill their families. The ending was shit because the daughter didnt use any clever methods.
>>
>>70920327
Hate Crime.
I just wanted to see a kike family being tortured and killed for a hour but it was just shit, nothing else.
Had to turn it off after like 10 minutes.
>>
Midnight in Paris. Thought I would like it, ended up turning it off at around 40 minutes.
>>
>>70920868
You see, most movies have a conflict or a problem that requires resolution. That makes the viewer want to engage in his story.

Lebowsky had none of that shit, it's just meandering garbage.
>>
File: Dead-End-Drive-In.jpg (166 KB, 396x555) Image search: [Google]
Dead-End-Drive-In.jpg
166 KB, 396x555
normally I like this kinda stuff, but the lead actor seemed way too old. Might give it another try
>>
>>70920625
I always want to watch this movie but I always fall asleep during that dream sequence. I like to movie a lot, but I can just never finish it.

The last movie I legit just stopped watching was "300: Rise of an Empire". Just turned it right the fuck off after about twenty minutes.

That Kevin Bacon TV show "The Following", I watched the first ten minutes of the first episode and turned that the fuck off too.
>>
>>70922716
Well he did have a conflict although i cant remember exactly why, he just wanted his rug back or some shit.
Coen brothers movies are all understated like this. Tbh i dont think they are great, but actually a bit too lol random
>>
>>70920327
pleb, sinister is horrorkino
>>
>>70920327
The Dark Knight

Everyone besides batman and joker were atrocious actors. i don't understand how this shit is so overrated
>>
I turned off Sinister half way too. When that kid came out of that box I gave up. Lame as shit.
>>
>>70920327
>>70925504
So you're either pussies, or just ADD plens
>>
>>70920327
>BOO-GOOL
>ANCIENT DEMON
>OBLIGATORY EXPERT EXPLAINING SHIT WE'VE ALL SEEN

that's where I gave up. Another movie I gave up on was Proxy
>Oh fuck she just got her head smashed in
>Oh fuck she's getting her baby smashed
>Fade to black?
>No I guess they're gonna show it getting cut out and shit
There was no point in showing any of that after she gets knocked out. Nobody sees it so there is no emotional reaction of any characters on screen. Everything that happens as a result of the baby getting killed would have been understandable. It just felt gratuitous and IN-MY-FACE SHOCK so I turned it off.
>>
File: client.jpg (25 KB, 275x425) Image search: [Google]
client.jpg
25 KB, 275x425
>>70920327
I was bored to tears.
>>
>>70920327
X Men: Apocalypse

1/10 fucking movie
>>
>>70920327
>IGN
lel
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (60 KB, 658x437) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
60 KB, 658x437
It was rated real high and i thought it was good
>>
File: Mick_Thomson.jpg (76 KB, 682x1024) Image search: [Google]
Mick_Thomson.jpg
76 KB, 682x1024
>>70920327
I turned it off when the monster turned out to be the guitarist from Slipknot.
>>
File: All_The_Way.jpg (162 KB, 509x755) Image search: [Google]
All_The_Way.jpg
162 KB, 509x755
All the way

Couldn't stand Cranston's overacting.
>>
>>70920327
Oh god this movie was so retarded. Watched it because it was recommended here, that was a mistake.

It was almost like it was a satire of cheap jump scares. And who the fuck designed the monster? Looked like the love child of a professional wrestler and a member of KISS.
>>
>>70920327
Shit was spooky as fuck desu
>>
>>70929834

How was Mackie as MLK? That guy's alright in interviews
>>
Tried watching Django again and it is still shit.
>>
>>70930752
He was fine. Though I didn't see much of him.
>>
>>70927763
ADD. Plot sucked. Ethan Hawke blows
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.