[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the show so fucking bad now? How can they fuck it up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: game-of-thrones-poster-hbo.jpg (522 KB, 2700x4000) Image search: [Google]
game-of-thrones-poster-hbo.jpg
522 KB, 2700x4000
Why is the show so fucking bad now?
How can they fuck it up so hard?
Doesn't HBO have extra high standards for their show?

Should they get new writers? What should they do? How can they save,
what that is left?

Please don't respond with
>GRRM Left
They should be able to produce a good show without GRRM holding their hands.
>>
Since when is it bad now?
>>
Fucking hell lad, its not that bad
>>
>>70895052
since 4th season,its been fuckin terrible since then.
>>
3-5 were terrible, this one seems like a slight improvement
>>
>>70895052
It's been bad for the last 3 years...
>>
And since when did GRRM leave? I'm sure he still has some clout
>>
Just wait for the next 2 eps lads
>>
>>70895147
>>70895131

Season 1-3 = LoTR

Season 4-6 = The Hobbit
>>
>>70895261
Season 7 will be Brain Dead/Dead Alive.
>>
>>70895013
GRRM left
>>
>>70895261
Watchers on the wall was better than helms deep. Hardhome was better than the entirety of walking dead. The door was better than a blowjob from a baby elephant. Aside from that, yeah it's all shit.
>>
>>70895013
Wait, Martin left?

I thought that fat fuck was producing the show for them because he got sick of the books or something, and so he could possibly diddle Emilia Clarke while at it
>>
File: Ep9.jpg (79 KB, 590x503) Image search: [Google]
Ep9.jpg
79 KB, 590x503
>>70895013
GIRL POWER
>>
>>70895483
Emilia Clark is trying really hard to make people hate her
>>
>>70895013
Cause it's not their fault, the story is pure shit in the books too

After the first book / season one you're all like fuck yeah I can finally see where this is going and literally EVERYTHING since then has been a red herring in a twist in a shocking and surprising death but wait maybe oh yeah he's getting resurrected and maybe that one other character isnt actually dead

The overall direction the story is moving is comeplete shambles for the sake of introducing ever more new characters and arcs that never pay off and never lead anywhere

we all want the shitty dragons to finally come to westeros but it is never ever going to happen
we all want some red god / white walker showdown but this will also never happen
>>
>>70895013
D&D are on some kind of "Seven Seasons for Seven Gods" trip. That's why the pacing in S6 is all over the place: they're trying to prepare this thing for a one-season wrap-up.
>>
>>70895545
there's a lot of "let them eat cake"-tier shit across all of media in general these days
>>
>>70897327
What did you mean by this (seriously idgi)
>>
>>70895052
>>70895065
people who like this season should be executed. If you keep supporting shit shows, you keep getting shit shows
>>
>>70897256

you haven't read? they're doing 8 seasons now, but we're only getting 13 more episodes which is kind of bullshit. 7 in season seven and 6 in season eight.
>>
>>70898434
Exactly. I get pissed off at people who "hate watch" shows then complain about them being shit. You played yourself idiots, if a show is shit drop it!
>>
>>70895013
the showrunners and several of the actors have grown to resent the show and its success over time.

They simply do not care about it anymore.

No surprise really as DnD openly admitted they only made the show to get to the red wedding, they don't give a fuck about everything that happens after that point.
>>
>>70898668
>the showrunners and several of the actors have grown to resent the show and its success over time.

I havent heard this. Links?
>>
>>70897397
"Let them eat cake" means a person in a privileged position saying stupid, naive shit thinking it will appease the unwashed masses.
>>
>>70898692

The deep recesses of anons anus.
>>
>>70895574
>we all want the shitty dragons to finally come to westeros but it is never ever going to happen
>we all want some red god / white walker showdown but this will also never happen

I don't want either of those things... that shit is tired and boring af
>>
>>70895470
hes not working on the show anymore so he can focus on finishing the next book.
>>
>>70895131
6 is shite m8, only one good episode and it was a "HA! he ain't dead ya fukrs" and I ain't talking about Jon Snoo.

Still trying to suspend disbelief that Arya could run through a crowded market, tumble down stairs while still having stitches from getting stabbed/slashed in the gut 3 times. All while under a day, or two at the most, of rest. Are we supposed to believe she had some sort of fake vest on? It's absolutely the worst mary sue shit to come out of the series by far
>>
>>70895013
It seems that as soon as they started drifting away from the books and having to come up with shit the writing has been terrible.
I honestly can't remember a worst episode than last, in terms of sheer letdown
>>
>>70895093
This.

The show started sinking after the red wedding and completely jumped the shark during S5.
>>
>>70895470
left after season 4, basically when the show hit the end of the books
>>
You know what would have improved the show? Making each season into thirteen episodes. Three extra hours could have made all the difference.
>>
Only season 5 was bad though.
>>
>>70901324
>3 more hours of litteraly the shittiest show on HBO right now

no thanks
>>
>>70901346
Season 6 is bad, the writing is abysmal. The battle next episode cannot save it either.
>>
>>70901324
Or killing off one of the billions of stronk wymyn on the show. A season finale where every lead woman gets murdered is the only thing that can redeem this season
>>
Even S5 was better than this season overall, at least it actually felt competely written usually
>>
>>70901367
I'm talking season two here. Three more hours to expand upon storylines, and hopefully not rush through bullshit like they did
>>
>>70901497
S5 was bad, but not rushed. That's the only difference.
S6 has good moments, but they rush through them to cram Arya's pointless storyline in.
>>
File: D&D 1436589489911.jpg (91 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
D&D 1436589489911.jpg
91 KB, 1280x720
>>70895013
> How can they fuck it up so hard?

After suckering in thee bookfags with the first season, HBO threw out the original story and made up their own via their marketing dept. as the tv show is all about hitting those demographic points, mostly soccer moms who pay the cable bill.
>>
>>70899807
The next book not realated to A song of ice and fire I gather, since I've pretty much given up hope of ever seeing the next installment of that.
>>
>>70895013
Dabeedan suck
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.