[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any instances where the theatrical cut is superior
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Apocalypse_Now_Redux.jpg (36 KB, 350x494) Image search: [Google]
Apocalypse_Now_Redux.jpg
36 KB, 350x494
Are there any instances where the theatrical cut is superior to the extended cut / director's cut ?

pic unrelated
>>
>>70889794
Actually thinking your opinion holds any weight over a Director like this.
>>
>>70889794
X-Men DoFP
that rogue shit literally added nothing
>>
>>70889794
never seen this movie, better than full metal jacket or hamburger hill?
>>
>>70889794
>not appreciating the French plantation
>>
>>70889794
Donnie Darko
>>
File: skeletons 2.png (311 KB, 600x352) Image search: [Google]
skeletons 2.png
311 KB, 600x352
The Shining. I'm not sure if it's a director's cut or just a different regional version, but there are so many unnecessary/ineffective scenes.
>>
>>70889794
More like pic half related.
the extra stuff with the Brando is great and welcomed
Some of the extra scenes of the war are great

But dear god, the already shitty plantation scene being made even more shitty and longer is fucking terrible.
>>
File: 342423234.gif (499 KB, 500x246) Image search: [Google]
342423234.gif
499 KB, 500x246
>>70890261

>liking redux unironically
>>
>>70890509
Spotted the pleb

>>70890261
That scene is one of the best in the whole movie
>>
>>70890499
It's been a while since i've seen this movie, please remind me, what is this plantation scene? The one with the french guys?

Also, what the fuck was that shit with the girl? Why is she such a fucking whore?
>>
>>70889794
I think Redux without the plantation scene would be the 10/10 movie
>>
The plantation and Playboy scenes should've been deleted
>>
>>70890509
theatrical is an exercise in jingoism. Willard is picked for a job, travels through vietnam, and completes the job, because the USA told him to do it and the USA is always right. fin.
>>
Dumb and Dumber
>>
Donnie Darko.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.