[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Movies Rotten Tomatoes were completely wrong about. Warcrafy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 29
File: image.jpg (185 KB, 1549x644) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
185 KB, 1549x644
ITT: Movies Rotten Tomatoes were completely wrong about. Warcrafy was a very good and entertaining fantasy movie.
>>
File: 1465431395454.webm (2 MB, 980x403) Image search: [Google]
1465431395454.webm
2 MB, 980x403
>>70878045
>>
Threadly reminder that Gul'dan did nothing wrong.
>>
I thought it was pretty good, went with 3 people 1 guys and 2 girls with only me knowing anythig, all 3 of them liked it and ubderstood te plot without any background knowledge.
>>
How did this bomb so badly? I didn't expect it to pull Disney money, but it's not even going to make $60 million domestic.
>>
I really enjoyed it. I'm a WOW fan though...so I guess my opinion is invalid.
>>
File: lying_eyes_poster.png (17 KB, 1000x1900) Image search: [Google]
lying_eyes_poster.png
17 KB, 1000x1900
>52%
>>
>>70878065

Is that a cutscene for the new xpac?
>>
>>70878045
Gods of Egypt was more fun than Civil War
>>
The CGI was good in the movie, cut it out.
>>
>>70878045
This movie was objectively better than Avatar. Yet had it been called Avatar 0, the beginning reviewers would have orgasmed over and over on this thing
>>
>>70878045
t. retard
>>
File: the-nice-guys-poster.jpg (3 MB, 2024x3000) Image search: [Google]
the-nice-guys-poster.jpg
3 MB, 2024x3000
I don't understand why this has 91%. It's just...an odd film.
>>
>>70878779

t. contrarian
Keep your reddit memes to yourself kid
>>
https://vid.me/6R4V
>>
>>70878045
anyone have a gif of Gul'dan disrobing showing off his girth?
>>
>>70878925
Based as fuck
>>
anyone have an hd link
>>
I saw it today. I actually really enjoyed it. I'm surprised how good the CGI was desu. The Gul'dan fight scene was pretty incredible.

That's not the Garona lore, though is it? they changed it slightly? I remember in-game it is shown Garona murders Lane in SW? Can some lore-buff explain, pls? Did it deviate some?
>>
>>70879445

>did it deviate some

It deviated a lot.
>>
File: critic_vs_regular_folks.jpg (123 KB, 750x562) Image search: [Google]
critic_vs_regular_folks.jpg
123 KB, 750x562
While people like to show off the RT and metacritic scores, they often omit the important scores.
>>
>>70879497
Care to elaborate? I don't think Medivh dies in lore, right? Or does he? He is a ghost in both Black Morass/Karazhan, and he was in BC. Is he killed by Lothar? Is Lothar made king?
>>
>>70879497
I really didn't mind it. Some deviation keeps the story fresh. Like giving garona actual motivation to killing the king rather than going for the boring 'she was mind controlled' angle was a welcome change. There are a lot of other things I know, but overall it's the same story and just as epic. I look forward to more.
>>
>>70879515
I see two meaningful scores and two scores that are open to manipulation by dedicated people. A practice that has been standard for just about every movie with a decent marketing budget produced in the last decade.
>>
>>70879604

Unfortunately it's bombing in the U.S. Not sure it'll get another even despite China
>>
>>70878045

It was kinda entertaining but it wasn't good.
>>
>>70878823

You're the contrarian.
>>
>>70878045
FUCK OFF SHILL BLIZZDRONE
>FUCK OFF SHILL BLIZZDRONE
FUCK OFF SHILL BLIZZDRONE
>FUCK OFF SHILL BLIZZDRONE

The critics were almost on point with how bad the movie was (and I didn't read any reviews until after I saw it)

-Horrible acting from several main cast members
-One of the worst editing jobs I've ever seen
-Terrible ham-fisted father son relationship that no one cared about
-Abysmal script ("I saw you in the library" being one of the prime examples)
-Plot where barely anything happens for the whole movie

There is no conspiracy, this movie was BAD. A real shame too because there were moments of excellence, particularly Gul-dan vs Durotar which was easily the best scene in the movie.

I had to re-torrent and install WC3 just to get the rape out of my head. I want my six bucks back
>>
>>70879574
None of that happens yet. This movie actually covers very little considering the whole story. So stormwind doesnt get sacked... yet. That will likely happen on the next movie.
>>
>without humans: 9/10
>as is: 5/10
And the thing that sucks is that this is actually a very high quality fantasy movie, the genre is just that fucking bad.
>>
>>70878801
fuck you
>>
>>70879735

Fuck I just hope they make more. I thought it was a solid first try desu.
>>
Blizzard has the best shill force for real
>>
>>70879785
Definitely. It broke records in china. Sequels are being made for much less.
>>
>>70879515
people are plebs
>>
File: image.jpg (347 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
347 KB, 1000x1500
No doubt this.
>>
>>70879687

This
>>
>>70878045
>butchered warcraft lore to give the alliance a fistpump in what is literally the only victory the Horde every has in conquering stormwind
>Orgrim a fucking frostwolf
>Garona not stabbing Llane during the siege of Stormwind to destroy the human's morale
>actual garbage lines like "For my son!"

The only part I thoroughly enjoyed was seeing Grom, Kargath, and Ner'zhul in the background. Everything else was disgusting. Can you tell which side I play?
>>
File: guldan.png (519 KB, 595x594) Image search: [Google]
guldan.png
519 KB, 595x594
FEL THE HUMANS

RACE WAR NOW
>>
>>70879836
It broke one record from china. Midnight opening. It did not break opening day. It did not break 2 day. It did not break 3 day. It did not break 4 day. Box office from monday was 7m. Box office from tuesday was 6m. They didn't even bother to report box office from wednesday.
>>
File: nogod.png (41 KB, 299x289) Image search: [Google]
nogod.png
41 KB, 299x289
>Warcraft has a worse critic score than Conjuring 2
>>
>>70880598
>and Ner'zhul in the background.

... wasn't ner'zhul a warchief at one point? Before trying to go against the burning legion, causing the powers that be to repurpose him for a role more suited to his talents and history?
>>
>>70880598
Buttmad Horde fanboy detected. Point at him and laugh, my Alliance brethren.
>>
The movie was terrible and I couldn't understand any of it. Thats why it flopped. Next time make a movie that people who don't play the games can understand.
>>
>>70879515
>derivative adaptation
REALLY A DERIVATIVE ADAPTATION?
if someone said to me, "gee, L i think this movie is a derivative adaptation of x" i'd fucking punch him and then i'd go and punch his mother for raising such ninny
>>
>>70880909
Even as a Warcraft lore nerd, I have to admit the film was difficult to follow. There is virtually no exposition on anything other than character relationships. Someone who doesn't know the game wouldn't know what they're talking about 2/3 times. From the start, it just seemed like a rush to the battles.
>>
>>70880994
that should impress upon yo how derivative warcraft is.
>>
I just got back from seeing it with my gf who has never played Warcraft games, only seen the WoW trailers I showed her on Youtube. We both really enjoyed it. It was a pretty solid movie and honestly the effects blended well, much more than the still images we saw early
>>
>>70880909
My 79 year old grandmother understood it and could follow everything.
Maybe you're just an idiot?
>>
>>70880909
>>70881067

>Wanting needless exposition

Did you pay attention to the dialogue? They alluded to plenty of shit and explained it if you paid attention and had a functioning mind.
>>
>>70881149

It's your lmao
>>
>>70880598
>I started playing since WOD

Btw; that wasn't Ner'zhul, it was Kilrogg Deadeye
>>
>>70878045
Should I see the 3d version?
>>
>>70881149
Your 79 year old grandmother doesn't want to say bad things about a movie your autistic ass seemed excited about.
>>
>>70881286
They did not name a single other kingdom besides Azeroth in the show, yet had the king arguing with a room full of people. The only people the audience knows in that room are the Dwarves, and that is very vaguely. I was trying to figure out who any of them were supposed to be and I didn't see anything indicating any positions or relation to Azeroth. Maybe they were vassals of Azeroth, maybe they were kingdoms, who fucking knows because they said nothing about it.

Why did some Orcs already have the fel and some didn't? Gul'dan says he would give the gift to the rest of the Horde when they poured through but why didn't he give it to everyone who was already there before they even started invading? We don't know.

Where is everything in relation to anything else? We don't fucking know.
>>
It was good, fuck of tomatofags.
>>
>>70881532
Damn man. I guess your right.
>>
>>70881506

Yes
>>
>>70881544
Uhm Azeroth is not a "kingdom," it's the actual world you ninny

Dwarves (Ironforge is literally written on the fucking screen)
High Elves
Other Humans (the one that basically said, paraphrasing, "We're done talking") are Kingdom of Lordaeron

How new are you?
>>
>>70881704
When did they say any of that in the film? I literally just watched it an hour ago and they didn't mention a word of Lordaeron, High Elves, or what the kingdom was even fucking called.

Also, if you're going to try to outlore me, the Kingdom of Stormwind is also known as the Kingdom of Azeroth. Azeroth is the name of the kingdom, the continent, and the world in the lore. In this they just shout it. Again, when do they explain what Azeroth is?
>>
>>70881778

If you know about lore you should know who the old Alliance was. No, it's not mentioned in the film, but why waste precious minutes explaining who each race are? It's a fucking council, they said 'No,' who cares?!
>>
>>70878065
what kind of retarded shuffle is that soldier on the right doing
>>
>>70881840
The Alliance hasn't even technically been formed yet.
>>
>>70882031
I think the point of the movie was that the humans were trying to form an alliance but failing to do so. Next movie will probably feature the destruction of stormwind and the forming of the alliance.

>but it bombed in the U.S. so there won't be a sequel
It's a big enough of a hit in china to warrant another movie and considering they have the hardest work of setting the foundation of the universe shit would be much easier.
>>
>>70882031

It was in the movie. And all same races are represented in the round table. Point still stands: the races are easily discernible if you know anything about lore. Or played the game at all.
>>
>>70881852
hes frightened by Kilrogg m8, I don't see why everyone is so retarded about this
>>
>>70882120
No, because if it was the WC2 alliance (the true alliance) you'd also see Gnomes on the council and Ogres and Forest Trolls with the Orcs.
>>
>>70882326

I think you're confusing gameplay with actual lore.
>>
>>70881544
They show Dwarves and Elves at the meetings. Their detailed relationship with the humans is mostly unimportant. It's clear that they were at peace and the orcs showing up caused discord within their alliance.

As for the locations, they show maps like every 20 minutes. Were you not paying attention?
>>
>>70882326
This movie was WC1 dumb
>>
>>70882515
>the details are unimportant, get to the battles!
Nice summation of the flaws with the movie.
>>
>>70878080
>Threadly reminder that Gul'dan did nothing wrong.

This guy gets it.
>>
>>70878045
It was barely watchable at best,and only because I've played Warcraft 3 and WOW
>>
>>70880619
Gul'dan "fuel for the fel"
Gul'dan "race war now"
Gul'dan "gas the humans"
Gul'dan "we bath in the blood of humans"
>>
>>70880788
Ner'zhul originally united the horde but he wasn't warchief. That title was created by Gul'dan and the first warchief was Blackhand. Ner'zhul leads the Horde,what's left of it,during Beyond the Dark Portal
>>
>>70883131

Ner'zhul was originally a Shaman manipulated by Sergeras into thinking the Draenei posed a threat. The war against the Draenei, and the polluting of the Orcs (via fel) is was caused Draenor to crumble/shrivel
>>
>>70878045
i just got back from seeing this. it was entertaining for what it was worth despite all the lore inaccuracies

i feel like they were sucking the alliances dick a bit hard though. the horde never win any major engagements on screen. they take most of the smaller towns but they never touch stormwind.
sure they "won" the battle at the dark portal but their chieftan was kill as a result
and speaking of, autism lothar couldn't beat blackhand on the best of days not to mention a fel powered up blackhand

the amount of orcs that get so easily killed despite being 3 times the fucking size of the humans is retarded
>>
>>70881852
he's shitting himself because he has nowhere to go and death is seconds away
>>
>>70883426
I agree with you that it was an entertaining movie and served its purpose even though they could've done a lot of things better etc.

But.. wtf did we watch the same movie? It was demonstrated again and again that Orcs were better fighters than Humans. Only Lothar and a few "best" warriors are shown to be able to kill more than one orc before dying. Lothar even tells his son to fight smarter which implies that normal humans without his skills can't beat the orcs.

Orcs pretty much win every battle in the movie, and they talk about how many legions are lost in such a short time as well.
>>
>>70882969
Do you really want excessive details and political explanations of the intricacies of elf/dwarf/human politics? It was fucking clear. The film was about the orcs invading and how it affected the humans, the Elves and Dwarves were extra races. For fucks sake it's based on a game literally titled "Orcs and Humans"
>>
>>70883488
yes but aside from that short birds eye view of them attacking all those towns we don't see them actually win any real engagements

the first fight they have in the forest they get a lot of kills but are then sent running with their tails between their legs because they get insta gibbed with magic

in the battle in the canyon you have fucking hellscream there (even though he shouldn't be) who should be able to fucking solo a whole legion by himself yet he does fucking nothing and orcs get dropped left and right by single attacks despite being demonically empowered
and in the last battle at the portal they win but they still took so many casualties it wasn't funny

those fucking pistols the humans are using are so powerful yet they are somehow able to fire the fucking things one handed, they produce fuck all recoil
>>
>>70879755
this
>>
>>70880909
I'm in the same boat. I've never played a Warcraft game and fuck if I know what was going on.
>>
>>70883211
It was Kil'jaedan that manipulated him
>>
>>70878065
desu this didn't look that bad/out of place in the movie. Same for that shot at the end on the city stairs, with the funeral.
Inb4 Blizz drone.
>>
I guarantee Mark Kermode will re-do his review of this film and say its great
much like he did with Prometheus
>>
If you can't follow Warcraft you're retarded.

The plot was simplified for a reason, it was for dumb faggots who play shit like halo and cod.

And yet you still didn't understand it.

Kill yourselves.
>>
File: the_descent-001.jpg (449 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
the_descent-001.jpg
449 KB, 1600x1200
sitting at %85
>>
>>70878045

Movie was bad, i dont like how they adapted the movie, if you are such hardcore warcraft fans i have no idea why are you shilling for this movie, because that just makes you brainwashed Blizzdrones, "I WANT MY FAVOURITE COMPANY THAT FUCKS ME IN THE ASS TO BE SUCCESSFUL EVEN THO I GOT NOTHING FROM IT!"
>>
>>70883917

That's because in movies there are scenes that come before and scenes that come after. You're not starring at a looping 4 second clip and taking in every corner of the frame.
>>
>>70884021
but your mom was even worse fampai
>>
>>70883426
>the amount of orcs that get so easily killed despite being 3 times the fucking size of the humans is retarded

Yeah nevermind the scores of humans killed constantly you butthurt hordenigger
>>
>>70884070

I understand where you come from nerd, i check blizzard forums regularly, you nerds are crying about success of your movie and organise rallies like this one to shill for a bad movie, do you see how pathetic this is?
>>
>>70884227
i don't even play wow or check blizzforums you retarded faggot

but keep shilling your capeshit
>>
>>70881840
>If you know about lore you should know who the old Alliance was.

That's the point retard, people who don't know the lore can't follow it.
>>
>>70883977

He already said he liked it. And now he dislikes prometheus.
>>
>>70878045
I hated the game, any chance I'll like the movie?
>>
>>70885011
maybe
>>
>>70885011
this is a warcraft movie not a WoW movie.
make your decision.
>>
>>70884210
i'll admit i'm a butthurt horde nigger but the orcs are giant compared to the humans and with demonic shit they would be unstoppable compared to humans. especially if they bothered to wear armor
>>
I had fun in cinema, just got pissed at some retarded lore changes and fucked up packing.

But thiking of it now - it wasn't that good. After elaving cinema I have it pretty decent 6/10 but it's not that good when you start overthinking it.
>>
>>70878045
The second half was good, despite the shitty acting from the king an kadgar. Those guys suck the energy out of every scene. The first half was a mess, though.
>>
>>70885144
I won't be watching the movie, just want to see if the shills will try to convince non warcraft nerds to see it
>>
i must admit all the humor from the human side was lost on me when i was trying to take the film half seriously
garonna saying khadgar wanted to fuck her and the whole fight in karazhan
the guard being polymorphed was amusing though i will say
>>
>>70885246
/tv/ is the last place I'll consider shilling for Warcraft
>>
>>70878801
Goose magic
>>
>>70878065
You need a very keen eye to notice this in the cinema.
>>
File: minecraft.png (199 KB, 776x322) Image search: [Google]
minecraft.png
199 KB, 776x322
>96%
Am I seriously the only one who though this was shit and didn't laugh once?
I remember seeing the trailer, everyone in the theatre was dying except me. I know I'm a fucking reject but the average person in this day and age is seriosuly borderline retarded.
>>
File: Gods-of-Egypt-film.jpg (149 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Gods-of-Egypt-film.jpg
149 KB, 1920x1080
>>70878712
This.

>mfw when I met an SJW who actually believes in #EgyptSoWhite IRL yesterdsy
>>
>>70878925
This needs more views. Duncan Jones really redeemed himself after the Tolkien debacle with how he handled this fucker.
>>
File: Warcraft by DnD.png (1 MB, 2544x1400) Image search: [Google]
Warcraft by DnD.png
1 MB, 2544x1400
>>70878045
Meanwhile, in an alternate universe.
>>
>John Carter
>51%
if it was called MARVELS John Carter it would have been 75%+
>>
File: dragon frog feels.jpg (130 KB, 832x690) Image search: [Google]
dragon frog feels.jpg
130 KB, 832x690
>>70879515
>Generally unfavorable reviews
>Universal acclaim

WELP
>>
>>70879574
Medivh dies, but gets resurrected in a half-powered form to warn the world about the Legion.
>>
File: 1456446898247.png (96 KB, 1556x532) Image search: [Google]
1456446898247.png
96 KB, 1556x532
>>70878045
>image.jpg
>warcrafy

dumb mobileposter
>>
>>70881704
Dumbass, it's both a kingdom with the capital in Stormwind, and the world.

Play some fucking WC1, fool. The movie uses "Azeroth" to describe the kingdom.
>>
>>70881544
Waaaah I need everything spoonfed to me mommy
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (22 KB, 451x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22 KB, 451x360
>>70881704
>Uhm Azeroth is not a "kingdom," it's the actual world you ninny

There is a Kingdom of Azeroth, on the continent of Azeroth, on the planet of Azeroth.
>>
>>70878065
am I retarded? I can't make out what's blatantly fuckd up about this scene?

someone point it out please
>>
>>70880909
it didn't flop though
>>
>>70887151
It kinda did. It dropped to single digits per day in china after only 4 days. Basically performed the same as it did in the US in every other market. But blizzard staggered the releases so the openings could imitate a successful movie.
>>
>>70887099
watch the orc's index finger.

Also the footman dance party on the right.
>>
>>70880909
There are plenty of non Warcraft fans who could understand and follow the movie, you might be just a little bit stupid.
>>
>>70887406
The only level on which the movie is comprehensible is extremely basic. Any sort of analysis and everything falls apart.
>>
>>70887294
The hand and neck seem a bit off yeah, but the footman kind of makes sense, it was probably the third time he crapped his pants during that fight.
>>
>>70887434
>orc planet is destroyed because of magic
>they travel to another planet
>humans live there
>they attack humans
>humans fight back
>human warlock was helping the orcs all along because he was possessed by a demon or something

Did I miss anything? The movie was not as complex or hard to understand as people make it. I dread to imagine what kind of reactions the Fellowship of the Ring would have received if it was released during 2016.
>>
>>70881544
>why didn't he give it to everyone who was already there
Maybe because, as the show fucking explains, the price of his magic is life, and they only had so many slaves to sacrifice, while also needing them to open the portal?
It's like you intentionally turned your brain off just so you could have something to complain about.
>>
why do people even listen to stupid snobby movie critics. like who gives a fuck what these people think. I care about what the average person thinks and apparently people liked it.
>>
>>70878045
Is this worth seeing in cinemas?

I may wait until the extended cut comes out
>>
>>70887709
It is worth listening to critics sometimes but it is also important to filter information and be able to form your own opinions.
>>
>>70887500
>orc planet destroyed because magic
why

>human warlock was helping the orcs all along because he was possessed by a demon or something
why/how

You can't answer these questions with only the infromation the movie gives.

Also the movie is 123 minutes long. You described about a half hour's worth of plot.
>>
>>70888167
>orc planet destroyed because magic

"the fuel for my magic is life" - Gul'Dan, 5 minutes into the movie.

Surely you can't be this dense?
>>
>>70888167
Garona described the demon who possessed him as the one talking to Gul'dan. Most of your questions are answered in the movie, you just were to busy on thinking about talking shit afterwards instead of watching it.
>>
File: semendemon.png (197 KB, 750x362) Image search: [Google]
semendemon.png
197 KB, 750x362
Most fun I had in theatre this year
>>
>>70878045
It was complete shit.
>>
>>70878567
It's a movie for Warcraft fans. Remove any Warcraft references and you're left with a pretty mediocre movie, badly filmed with laughably bad actors and a shitty story.
That's what normies are going to see, hence the terrible reviews.
>>
>>70889055
Only some of the human actors were shit and the story wasn't any worse than your average capeshit. Also it had like 3 or 4 references to the games, all the negative aspects of the film get pretty exaggerated.
>>
>>70878045
The first and biggest problem is that there's not a single scene devoted to resource gathering, and, even stranger, I don't know how many resources the heroes have! Some of my favorite childhood memories involve clicking on my Town Hall, clicking the "build peasant" button, waiting for about 20 seconds, then telling that peasant to mine gold or chop wood. Then I'd click on the Town Hall again and click the "build peasant" button one more time, wait for 30 more seconds, and then tell him to mine gold or chop wood. "Right, m'lord!" he'd chirp, and once more I'd click on the Town Hall and then click on the "build peasant" button. After I'd built up a few peasants, I'd run out of food and have to have a peasant build a farm so I'd have the food to build more peasants. Then I'd have another peasant build a barracks and, finally, click on that coveted "build footman" button and begin building my army. "Not enough food ... build more farms," the game would say, so I'd click on a peasant moving between the Town Hall and the Goldmine, but he'd disappear into the mine before I could get the mouse over to the "build farm" button, and I'd have to find another peasant to click on. It's a fast-paced, riveting experience, and I couldn't wait to see it re-created on-screen.
>>
>>70879515
>"user reviews"
kek. Someone posted a reddit post a little while ago where Blizzfags were rallying people in order to give the movie positive reviews on Metacritic and others sites.
>>
>Gromm acts like a pussy
>Lothar didnt die
>Garona is Memediv daugther
>Guldan the based gains god

But i like it and will watch a second movie.
Also that 1Vs1 Guldan using magic was made to the player that say Thrall have no honor cuz he used magic in his figth agains garrosh.
>>
>>70888735
So demons are described.

And we're just supposed to assume they're bad because they're demons?
>>
>>70890219
We're supposed to believe they're evil because they gave Gul'dan the fel magic and possessed Medhiv to make him open the portal.
>>
>>70883211
>Ner'zhul was originally a Shaman manipulated by Sergeras into thinking the Draenei posed a threat.

da orcs was gud bois, they was turnin they life around, they dindu nuffin
>>
>>70890262
And their endgame is... what?
>>
>>70890752
Gee anon, I don't know, what was Thanos's endgame in the first Avenger movie?
What was Sauron's master plan during the first hobbit movie?
Are you seriously implying that you need to know the villain's motivation and master plan by the first movie of a series?
>>
>>70878045
>Warcrafy was a very good and entertaining fantasy movie.

no
>>
>>70890797
>what was Thanos's endgame in the first Avenger movie?
Get infinite stones.
>>
>>70878065
I POSTED IT AGAIN HAHA
>>
>>70890797
Get infinity stones to become a literal god, sauron wasn't in the first hobbit movie, yes.

If you're going to introduce plot elements, its lazy as fuck to have them operate "just because."

The general idea of warcraft seemed to be "details don't matter." When, in fact, they do. Otherwise only simpletons give a fuck.
>>
>>70878712
you stupid asshole

>>70879687
you stupid fucking asshole, give me your address
>>
>>70890892
>Get infinite stones
Great, and then what, what's his endgame?
>>70890942
>Get infinity stones to become a literal god
How do you assume the second half?
>wasn't in the first hobbit movie
Then the second one, I know the ring was in that movie.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-07-13-10-45-35.png (544 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-07-13-10-45-35.png
544 KB, 1080x1920
>>
File: Armageddon.jpg (44 KB, 716x219) Image search: [Google]
Armageddon.jpg
44 KB, 716x219
>>
>>70892178
You're kinda dumb mate.

Thanos' goals are clearly defined. Get infinity stones. If he wants to stuff them up his ass, no biggie. Hell, neither thanos or the infinity stones are even established in the first avengers what the fuck are you even talking about.

For that matter, neither is sauron until the very end of the hobbit movies (and not at all in the book) and no links to the ring is implied.

So congratulations. You got me to write a longer post than yours by being dense.
>>
>>70889579
They were.
There have apparently been multiple threads on mmo-champion encouraging everyone to make accounts to upvote the film as much as possible for no other reason than to try and get the average rating up and stop normies from laughing at them. Most of these people haven't even seen the film and are giving it 10/10.
>>
File: fallcraft.jpg (27 KB, 573x146) Image search: [Google]
fallcraft.jpg
27 KB, 573x146
Weren't people at one point trying to claim this flick would make 700-800m?
It needs 500m just to break even.
>>
>>70893307
it barely broke 300m and its basically dead in every market after a week.

its wonderful
>>
>>70884006
seems to be right. the descent is one of the best western horror movies made in the last decades.
>>
>>70884058
One of the smartest things I've ever seen posted on this board
>>
It's because Rotton Tomaotes consists of nu-males who used to play WoW, who think that by turning their nose up at anything Warcraft gives them "maturity points," even though they are just as immature as ever.
>>
pre-release
>realer than real life
>Warcraft will put an end to capeshit
>the dawn of vidyakino is coming
>will be the best video game film adaptation of all time
>$1billion+ box office incoming

release
>so what if reviews are shit? critics don't know anything
>this is a film for Warcraft fans, not everyone
>china will save it!

post-failure
>?
>>
>>70893496
Who knows what Blizzdrones will use as damage control next.
My guess would be something along the lines of Warcraft being a "cult classic".
>>
It's better than capeshit that's for sure
>>
>>70893616
I just like how they're forcing themselves to like it because they think it'll mean a better movie later.

Of course the lesson that making shit successful just encourages more shit is a hard one to learn.
>>
>>70880909
Now i know why it failed in murrica
>>
>>70887718

Yes
>>
>>70893307
Yeah, it looks really bad.
I think it will land on like, 350m.

The fucking vidyakino curse strikes again.
>>
File: 1465393279932.png (200 KB, 600x451) Image search: [Google]
1465393279932.png
200 KB, 600x451
>>70879515
>the important scores.

Even a fraction of WoWfags is enough to skew most user polls in their favour and they are enough dedicated to peddle the media of their beloved franchise.

User ratings displayed at Rotten Tomatoes have been sky-high ever since they were opened - only to decrease somehwat to 82% after more non-Blizzdrone viewers decided to cast their vote.
>>
Warcraft is a movie specifically for WoW fans. Everyone else who sees it is left wondering what they're even fucking looking at. You can't expect the general masses to appreciate something they don't understand. Most people walked out of the theater not even knowing any of the character's names.
>>
>>70895206
>Evil dude with evil magic wants to conquer human land, human people need to stop evil dude

The plot is simple af.
How can you be confused by it?
>>
>>70895259
If only that was the only element present in the film.
>>
>>70895206
>Warcraft is a movie specifically for WoW fans.

This part alone is infuriating enough - living and breathing Warcraft universe at its RTS stage is insufficient to have a good grasp on what is supposed to be going within the very movie meant to depict the dawn of those first titles. Metzen and co. managed to make Warcraft worldbuilding hazy and unconvincing with later additions to WoW and became unable to see past their most recent labour.
>>
>>70895259
>why is he evil
>why do we care
>why don't those people stop them
>why doesn't that guy stop them
>why doesn't this guy just turn him into a sheep
>why didn't they just use gryphons and fireball everything from the sky
>why does it matter this guy is actually evil
>why does it matter if the orc baby is green
>why
>do
>we
>care
>>
>>70895555
Not to mention how they basically retconned every aspect of the original lore.

Also metzen could have his self-insert super cool dude orc shaman man.
>>
>>70895577
Because he is, do you want a sob story for his background?
You don't have to.
Because they can't/don't want to.
Because they can't/don't want to.
Only works on the simple minded, stated in the movie.
We see only a single gyphon during the whole movie.
Because it makes him do evil things.
Because it means he's green.
You don't have to, but then why do you go to the movies if you can't empathize, suspend your disbelief, or have nihilistic beliefs?
>>
File: tumblr_nc8ox1nxQo1su8j1lo1_500.jpg (36 KB, 500x273) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nc8ox1nxQo1su8j1lo1_500.jpg
36 KB, 500x273
>>70895607
>Also metzen could have his self-insert super cool dude orc shaman man.

I wonder what "Legion" has in stock for Thrall. I will be in stitches should they decide to just reinstate him as Warchief after having at least three major characters die in order to have this cycle go full circle.
>>
>>70878045
WHO/WHAT THE FUCK WAS ALORIS
>>
>>70895809
wait.

hold on.

Did you, in defense of warcraft, just tell someone to TURN OFF THEIR BRAIN?!
>>
>>70895206
There is a 3 second shot in the movie that shows different orc encampments overhead that looks exactly like the perspective from the old Warcraft games. I thought that part was cool.
>>
>>70895945
You think suspending your disbelief is turning your brain off? Is this really the kind of people that post on /tv/?
>>
>>70895873
All I've really retained about what's happening in legion is illidan getting redeemed and becoming a paladin or some shit.
>>
>>70895980
Yes, when so much flies in the face of any sort of logic, one must turn off their brain to suspend disbelief.
>>
>>70896037
Alright, I can accept that position.
I'd like to ask you to list 15 , or just as many as you can, of the many, many things you thought flew in the face of logic in the movie. And I mean, actual logic, not "I don't have all the information and I don't like it" or "I wasn't spoonfed all the facts clearly so I can't understand it", if you would be so kind.
>>
File: 1458229154156.png (347 KB, 468x400) Image search: [Google]
1458229154156.png
347 KB, 468x400
>>70895809
>Because he is, do you want a sob story for his background?

I've read Christie Golden's lorebook on Horde's creation and the story behing gradual formation of the first Horde, transformation of the orc race and frantic search for a new frontier for the sole sake of keeping an overgrown war machine from dying along with its masters is an impressive storyline that would have fared quite well by itself. This was THE FIRST Warcraft movie, which means zero room for holding back.
>>
>>70896096
>list 15 of x
>but not the ones I've already thought of

great post
>>
>>70896277
I didn't say that, anon.
If you feel you've already listed 15 things, then please, just post them again.
I may ask you how they "go against logic", but that should be simple to clarify.
>>
In the past month I've learned that Blizzdrones have a special kind of delusion. I've never seen anything like it.
>>
>>70896096
Why did the azerothian armies send footmen to directly engage enemies that were far superior to them?
Why didn't gul'dan just drain the azerothian armies himself?
Why didn't gul'dan just drain all the orcs and then go to azeroth himself to drain all the azerothian armies himself?
Why did gul'dan need to go to azeroth at all? If he can bridge the gap between them with a stupidly large portal, why didn't he just make a smaller one and drain everything?
Why is gul'dan so selective in how he uses his clearly extensive powers?
If azeroth is basically swimming in mages, why didn't they just wipe out the horde with a few flicks of their wrists?
If a few asshole mages can make an entire city float, why didn't they just fling a floating platform filled with archers over to the dark portal and kill every orc as they came through?
Hell, why didn't the mages just drop a decent sized mountain on the dark portal?
How can the mages justify not giving a shit when a life draining mad wizard just invaded their world to drain it of all life?
How did a bunch of mages not notice a shard of a mad god inside the person they chose to be the planetary guardian?
If flying animals are common (gryphons) and the orcish horde have only ground troops, why get off the gryphon ever?
Why didn't khadgar grab a few archers and say "shoot the sheep" then polymoprh his way through the horde one by one?
Why, after her obvious betrayal, did the horde not kill garona?
Why, after her obvious betrayal, did gul'dan not kill garona?
if you were expecting your infiltrator unit to not betray you, why would you treat it like shit?

now remember, "movie logic" is not a valid counter to any of this, as accepting breeches in logic because "its a movie" is the same as "turn off your brain."
>>
File: 1466063636231.png (178 KB, 330x319) Image search: [Google]
1466063636231.png
178 KB, 330x319
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtymmqbEmKw
>>
>"Orcs don't lie!"
>Orgrimmar lied
>Guldan lied
>Literally every orc with dialogue lied but for Durotan
What did Garona mean by this?
>>
File: interior_crocodile_alligator.png (448 KB, 455x395) Image search: [Google]
interior_crocodile_alligator.png
448 KB, 455x395
>>70898234
>Orgrimmar
>>
>>70898268
Look at the top of his head, you can build a city in there.
>>
>>70878045
Rotten Tomatoes merely aggregates reviews. It's not something that its right or wrong you plebe.
>>
>>70878045
S T O P
H
I
L
L
I
N
G
>>
>>70898268
Wait, aren't their names Orgrimmar and Durotar? I have to say I know jack shit about wow I mainly writing what my friends told me.
>>
>>70893362
this is why I don't really ask for opinions on what to watch next in the horror threads here. Apparently I'm tooootally wrong, but The Descent is ACTUALLY a terrible movie. And I don't say that just because it's so well reviewed and I disliked it. I seriously (and my 3 friends who watched it with me) thought it was trash

it's literally just murder porn with a shit plot and shit acting. There's nothing there. There is NOTHING of merit in that movie. It's just girls getting brutally slaughtered by monsters (and themselves??? On accident sometimes?????) with no motive. No tension, no suspense. Just death after death
>>
File: Synecdoche New York.png (282 KB, 772x408) Image search: [Google]
Synecdoche New York.png
282 KB, 772x408
>>
>>70878065
no matter what happens in that scene, it just looks like shit
>>
File: Oblivion.png (212 KB, 754x411) Image search: [Google]
Oblivion.png
212 KB, 754x411
Obligatory
>>
ITT: Delusioned Blizzcucks trying to sell their movie as something else than complete dogshit.
>>
>>70896475
I learned that the hard way a few years ago during the launch of Diablo 3. They are literally the most retarded fanbase of Internet
>>
>>70892932
this is the credited response. I remember hating this when it came out, but i rewatched it and it was great. 90's critics such horrible oscar bait taste.
>>
>>70898752
Reminded me of a female version of dog soldiers dunno why
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/10502212
>>
>>70898931
Damn
>>
>>70899202
They were beyond all hope as early as mists of pandaria.
>>
>>70898931
How the fuck? This movie was fantastic! Probably even better without Freeman, but good lord it was wonderful.
>>
>>70886612
I didn't laugh, but the "everything is awesome" sequence was the most legitimately horrifying thing I'd ever seen in an animated film.
>>
It always baffles me how you pretend to like shit movies only because reviewers hate them, you know this movie is poorly done in ever aspect i admit it's entertaining but only because i played the game and i catch references here and there and that's fun but besides that everything is done wrong with the only redeeming quality being all the scenes the orcs are in, it's like those parts were directed and produced by a completely different team.
>>
File: fuckeveeyone.png (806 KB, 1098x932) Image search: [Google]
fuckeveeyone.png
806 KB, 1098x932
>>70878045
>>
>>70900139
It's almost as if 4chan is full of contrarian shitposters.
>>
File: x9[2].jpg (53 KB, 354x236) Image search: [Google]
x9[2].jpg
53 KB, 354x236
>>70899043

>a movie can only be complete dogshit or a masterpiece of filmmaking
>>
>>70885165
I think they made the orcs too big in the movie, should've been just a bit bigger than humans.
Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.