[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any explanation for why the first two Raimi films seem relatively
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: spiderman.jpg (130 KB, 1114x552) Image search: [Google]
spiderman.jpg
130 KB, 1114x552
Any explanation for why the first two Raimi films seem relatively beloved whilst the third one is regarded as shit, when they're all the same level of goofiness?
>>
Raimi and friends had an entire movie ready to go about Sandman and the Hobgoblin, and then SONY fucked him in the ass with their demand to include Venom as well. Then Raimi said fuck everything.
>>
>>70859491
Doesn't the third one have an extended dance sequence?
>>
>>70859491

Because you can see the exec meddling all over 3, Raimi NEVER wanted to use Venom, the symbiote's introduction is the laziest thing ever and the retcon of Uncle Ben's killer and its "resolution" is just really bad.

I don't even care about dancing Peter anymore, it fits, but the thing that really irked me was when Curt connors said "Well I'm no scientist, Peter".

Like fuck off.
>>
>>70859551
And it's a great scene

Spiderman 3 is a plen filter
>>
>>70859491

Spiderman 1
>great acting by dafoe and uncle ben
>prime kirsten nipples
>decent origin story
>fantastic villain
>good action scenes
>cheesy and proud
>villain tries to redeem himself before killing himself

Spiderman 2
>good villain
>good acting especially by molina
>great action scenes
>cheesy in a good way
>villain redeems himself by committing suicide

Spiderman 3
>terrible plotline of sandman "killing" ben
>rushed job of venom
>the three villain curse
>horrible casting for Eddie
>kirsten dunst aged like shit
The emo peter scenes were fantastic though.
>>
>>70859598

3 was complete shit. All the character motivations went out the window and it was trying to be several movies at once instead of sticking to 1 villain like the previous movies
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK-eu0j5URk
>>
>>70859717
No one is denying the rest of the movie is shit. This is mainly due to exec meddling though.

The dancing and the club scenes were pure kino.
>>
>>70859753

Never was there a more extravagant instance of a director turn his own corporate masters' lash against them.

>I see you allocated additional millions of dollars to me to assuage my anger over your meddling with my movie
>I will proceed to burn all of this on a Broadway dance scene
>>
>>70859491
>same level of goofiness

The third took itself too seriously. Same with the newer ones, they're trying to make spiderman dark instead of making him a goofy punster.
>>
>>70859807
You've swayed me, Anon. I get it now.
>>
File: landlord.jpg (10 KB, 241x180) Image search: [Google]
landlord.jpg
10 KB, 241x180
I feel like a lot of subtle character moments were lost to you people, like Peter losing another father figure- but this time due to his own actions
>>
File: peter parker.jpg (35 KB, 510x380) Image search: [Google]
peter parker.jpg
35 KB, 510x380
>>70859491
CRAWLING IN MY SKIN
THESE WOUNDS THEY WILL NOT HEAL
>>
>>70860567

But he wasn't even emo, he was actually upbeat, just an asshole if anything.
>>
>>70860073
How did it take itself too seriously? I didn't get that impression
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.