[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this chink the best director when it comes to horror?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: james_wan.jpg (626 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
james_wan.jpg
626 KB, 1280x720
Is this chink the best director when it comes to horror?
>>
>>70847181
>Leave CapeKino to me
>>
>>70847181
No. He's all formula and no real substance.
>>
Yeah. The conjuring 2 was pretty good. Glad there was no cliffhanger or hint at a sequel.
>>
>>70847216
Everything is formulaic, the only thing that matters is execution.
>>
>>70847181
His hair looks like its always wet
>>
>>70847241
ehh?
but it thought the conjuring is about the Warren couples going around doing cases?
if that is the premise then they should be able make as many as they can, right?
unless you are trying to say that one of them or both get killed in the second movie, i didn't watch it yet but you can spoil it if you want to

also james is doing alright in term of making western horror movie
>>
THE NAME IS JAMES, JAMES WAN
>>
The only good horror director in decades.
>>
>>70847436
>mfw John Carpenter fell off later in his career
feel bad man, is it the senility that holding him back?
>>
>>70847304
Nothing like that happens. They could easily continue to pump out sequels if they choose to go that route.
>>
conjuring 3 confirmed right?
>>
>>70847181
south east asian lad here. james is from malaysia. this guy grew up in a "kampung", or rural village, surrounded by jungle. rural malaysia is a hotpot of paranormal activity and superstition. so hes been...born in it...raised by it. so yes he is best director for horror.
>>
What was good about it?
I honestly can't tell the difference between Conjuring, Insidious, and every other non-found footage horror movie of the last decade.

Pale faced humans standing in corners. Faces appearing in space between door/doorframe, human spookily oookily voices that I could mimic with ease, FUCKING CHILDREN ARE NEVER SCARY, THEY CANNOT ACT, and the same sequential "investigative" breakdown of events.

It's so predictable and boring. There's nothing truly unsettling and disturbing about any of it. There's nothing that makes you reel back without some cheap jumpscare or gore gag. It's not creepy or even eerie, it's just boring. I want something that makes you question the motives of the director or screenwriter for producing such a disturbing of fiction.

Not generic haunted house shit. Stop using Amityville as a plot point, jesus christ.
>>
>>70847181
Ya
>>
>>70847701
>so hes been...born in it...raised by it.
He never saw comedy until he was already a man, by then it was nothing to him but a tool to relieve tension between jumpscares.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.