[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>3 months later >no Force Awakens review what's taking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 6
File: plinkett.jpg (244 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
plinkett.jpg
244 KB, 1920x1080
>3 months later
>no Force Awakens review

what's taking so long?
>>
File: 0atJnyV.png (538 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
0atJnyV.png
538 KB, 633x758
>it's been 3 months since they called me for a job interview
Thank you for reminding me, it came at the same day of this video
>>
>>70839974
ironically I started my internship the day this preview came out
>>
>>70839914
Rogue One official trailer (SW Celebration 2016)
>>
40% is getting reshoots
>>
it's just a prank Jay!
>>
>>70839999
YOU TOOK MY DAAM JOB!
>>
>>70840087
if you were hoping on doing nuclear non-proliferation research with gamma spectroscopy I might have
>>
why the fuck would they put the trailer out if it wasnt ready
>>
>>70840171
they wanted some quick views
>>
>been like a decade since the last Plinkett
>only have put out teasers hinting at new Plinkett

God, you fucking fat asses. Just do another Plinkett. I'm not watching your shitty "re-view."
>>
The problem is that they liked it.
>>
>>70840171
so people would stop asking if they were doing one
>>
>>70840232
I want a "Re-view" of The Thing then I want them to hate it.
>>
>>70840285
Will they ever re:View non american, non action films?
>>
>>70840171
They can still strech it, saying this was a teaser and then post the "official" trailer
>>
>>70840387
"no"
>>
>>70840273
Why is them having their own opinion a "problem"?
>>
>>70840387
>Tremors
>action film
It's a monster movie.
>>
>>70840387
re:View is a new show sponsor by Scream Factory
>>
>>70840609
Scream Factory is going to release a collector's edition of Tremors?
>>
>>70840723
I hope so...
>>
>>70840387
Tremors is a monster movie, it has more in common with horror than action. Escape from New York is labeled an action movie but it's very slow paced, has very little action and is more about the atmosphere and characters than the action.
>>
>>70840545
more like a thriller flick to be honest
>>
They lost all credibility when they said iron man 3 was good (jesus wept) and pain and gain was complete shit ( highly entertaining and frequently hilarious Michael Bay at his best, shorn of special effects and perfectly cast). Those guys are man children masquerading as cynical critics
>>
>>70840905
Honestly, I don't get why Iron Man 3 gets so much shit. There are tons of Marvel movies that are far worse. Is it just because of the kid and the Mandarin twist?
>>
Why are they so slow in producing content?

It's literally all they do. You can't tell me this shit is too hard to edit. I have to edit video like that all the time and shoot to product, even with polish, takes less than a week. And that's just with me editing alone.
>>
>>70841130
It usually boils down to Tony getting over his PTSD too easily, the kid, Mandaarin getting replaced with lame generic bad guy 3, and not enough actual Iron Man.

I, for the record, love it. It's stylish, hilarious, and has some really interesting action set pieces, and I really really like all the PTSD stuff (though i also wish it was resolved better)
>>
>>70841215
They put out a video every one or two weeks.
>>
Remember when the prequel reviews came out and a lot of websites and celebrities were praising the shit out of it and Mike was interviewed a lot and was even flown to an international film festival because of it?

Will people even give that much of a shit when this one comes out?
>>
>>70840273

Mike and Jay liked it.

Plinkett is a character.

What about this cannot you comfortably conceive?
>>
>>70840905
kill yourself and take your shit taste to the grave lad
>>
>>70841404
My e-boyfriends should share my opinions
>>
>>70841322
Anything is possible. I highly doubt their review of The Force Awakens will go viral but it might if Mike really tears the movie a new asshole.
>>
There's nothing to shit on
>>
>>70841464
Plinkett is the superior e-boyfriend though.
>>
>>70840905
>THEY LOST ALL CREDIBILITY WHEN THEY LIKED WHAT I DON'T LIKE
>>
>>70841516
It'll probably be like the Titanic and Star Trek (2009) reviews. He'll say that TFA is a good blockbuster but he'll also point out all of the blatant dumbing down and pandering.
>>
>>70841490
I think he'll just show what it did right compared to the prequels and make the prequels look bad again.
>>
>>70840905
IM3 was eh, much like many of the Marvel movies.
P&G was trash, deal with it.
>>
>>70841516

Shit moves too fast.

Plot is Episode IV but TURBO CHARGED WITH FIVE PLANETS INSTEAD OF ONE BEING BLOWN UP

The mechanics behind the new Death Stardoesn't make any sense. They didn't try and explain how the first or second one worked, but they explained the third as sucking up and shooting out the sun. That shit makes no sense.

SJW scene's that were written in a way that felt forced and ham-fisted instead of gradual and subtle.

Character motivations flip on a dime (see the scene where Rey begs Finn to stay and finish their journey, and two minutes later runs away from everyone when the light saber appears) with very little explanation.

A lot of this film was written and shot as if it was Episode IV- with a bunch of details missing that we never find out because the films were never made- such as how the Empire got so powerful, etc.. Whereas we never find out how The First Order rose out of the ashes of the Empire, why or how the Republic failed to take governance over the galaxy despite only being gone for a single generation, I could go on.

There's plenty to go on about.
>>
>>70841520
>implying he can get it up
>>
File: 1432094549287 - Copy.jpg (73 KB, 439x599) Image search: [Google]
1432094549287 - Copy.jpg
73 KB, 439x599
>>70841639
You sir are and idiot
>>
>>70841612
>>70841456
Bahaha did u upset you, you cape shit worshipping man children
>>
File: 1463481057903.gif (23 KB, 400x350) Image search: [Google]
1463481057903.gif
23 KB, 400x350
>>70841639
>taking kids movies this seriously
>>
>>70841640
He can get it up when someone doesn't fuck with his medicine.
>>
>>70841639
>A lot of this film was written and shot as if it was Episode IV- with a bunch of details missing that we never find out because the films were never made- such as how the Empire got so powerful, etc.. Whereas we never find out how The First Order rose out of the ashes of the Empire, why or how the Republic failed to take governance over the galaxy despite only being gone for a single generation, I could go on.

Backstory and information is not what Star Wars is about, it's about the adventure at hand.
>>
>>70841670
Pain & Gain is garbage.
>>
>>70839914
they're not doing it

because they don't have to

because you dumb niggers already eat up every low effort, "ironically" bad minute of crap they spit out
>>
>>70841707

I concur. The First Order is just the given bad guys for the story. Details about how it started isn't necessary.

Although I'm sure in the future there will be many novels, video games, comics, and other spin-offs to fill those in because you dorks like to find out every single detail about an imaginary sci-fi universe as possible.
>>
>>70841928
It's trashy pulpy well made and incredibly entertaining. It also taps in to what it means to be a man, success at all costs, the struggle to secure a woman, the realisation of what it would take for an average joe to succeed and make it big. It was great and everyone I know loves it. Iron man 3 is an embarrassment and a cash in.
>>
>>70842055
It's partly why the prequels didn't work so well.

Too much backstory on the OT included and not enough of its own story.
>>
>>70840528
>>70841404
It's easier to come up with numerous criticisms if you did not like the film.
Plinkett, while humorous, was a reflection of the creator's actual opinions.
>>
>>70841215
>Why do they take their time to make their videos good instead of churning out poorly planned, poorly edited content every few days?
>>
>>70842218
They liked the new Star Trek and Plinkett still ripped that movie a new asshole.
>>
File: doll.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
doll.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>70839914
They liked the movie, period.

A BvS review on the other side would be awesome
>>
>>70840273
>>70842218

Keep in mind the Half in the Bag review was created shortly after they watched the movie. By now Mike has certainly rewatched and thought over the movie and discovered many problems. Don't forget, Mike has pretty good nerd nitpicking powers when it comes to things he's passionate about.
>>
Anybody like the re:View more than half in the bag? I love them talking about movies they actually love and not capeshit
>>
>>70840860
Escape From New York is a post-apocalyptic or bleak sci-fi movie, like A Boy and His Dog

Not enough dumb action and Whedonesque quips for Mike's popcorn-shoveling ass
>>
>>70842399
yeah
>>
>>70842347
I want to be mike when I'm old
>>
>>70842399
yes
I hope they do kill bill
>>
>>70842258
>>70842347
True, but one of the big sticking points in those reviews was how they weren't faithful to the original material. That's where most of the plinkett criticism stems from.

Force Awakens was, for the most part, thematically similar to the originals.
>>
Do these guys watch any movies not made in their lifetimes or any black and white movie at all?
>>
Didn't you hear? The FA review took 12 years to make.
>>
Honestly they shouldn't do a Plinkett review until the entire trilogy is finished.

You can't get the in depth analysis Plinkett is known for without the full picture.
>>
>>70840905
I don't watch capeshit but I saw Pain and Gain and it was nauseating.
>>
I don't think Plinkett is going to hate it, I think it's going to be a comparison between "what went right" with Ep7 and what went wrong with Ep1/2/3
>>
>>70844129
yep, me too.
>>
one could easily write a thesis on everything wrong with the prequel trilogy

TFA was just mediocre.
>>
>>70840905
Iron Man 3 was thematically solid. Really fantastic arc for Tony, and I'm happy they didn't have some cartoonish stereotype magic using villain. It wouldn't have meshed at the time.

Pain & Gain was comedy gold though. You're right about that.

Mike and Jay are just people. Agreeing or disagreeing with them is part of the fun.
>>
I'd rather see an Into Darkness Plinkett review

Or Beyond if that one is shit
>>
>>70843239
Not for their shows, but they're pretty well versed in at least the most classic movies judging from the references they make every once in a blue moon.
>>
>>70839914
They did review, they said it was mediocre, but not offensive.

Bland but not boring.
>>
>>70841548
He's mainly just gonna shit on the prequel apologist.
>>
>>70839914
It was a joke trailer
>>
>>70844826

TFA wasn't mediocre, in fact it was very entertaining, but it was also safe as hell. TFA is a reskin of ANH and JJ Abrams has confirmed that. You've still got the plucky rebels against the seemingly infinite empire. All the Jedi have been wiped out except for one. A gifted Force prodigy comes from a desert planet. Having a female lead was not a daring choice because tons of movies have proven that you can have a "strong female character" as the lead and make tons of money. Casting a black guy was braver, but Finn became the incompetent comic relief sidekick, so again, very safe.

I wan to see some shit I've never seen before. It bothers how much fanboys are defending TFA even though so much of it is lifted from A New Hope.
>>
File: 1465079343747.gif (475 KB, 206x196) Image search: [Google]
1465079343747.gif
475 KB, 206x196
>>70840387
Sure, when whatever dirt hole country you live in makes a movie worth remembering.
>>
>>70842347
>pretty good nerd nitpicking powers
lol no he doesnt. He didnt even understand a basic understanding of Star Wars lore outside the movies. Not talking about EU, talking about behind the scenes

>>70841707
>about the adventure at hand
It's apart of Star Wars but not what Star Wars is.
>>
>>70846853

In your opinion, what is Star Wars?
>>
>>70845929
Well, compared to the original trilogy, it is medicore as hell. Because, like you said, its just the same movie as ANH repackaged, slightly.

Compared to the prequels its a goddamn masterpiece if only because it never uses the word "midichlorian."
>>
No Mara Jade
No Jaina, Jacen, and Anakin Solo
No Imperial Remnant and Admiral Daala

It's trash.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.