[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where were the jumpscares ? This bullshit movie is what's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: url.jpg (5 KB, 184x273) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
5 KB, 184x273
Where were the jumpscares ?

This bullshit movie is what's wrong with horror these days
>>
the witch will be hailed as a masterpiece of horror on the ranks of the shining and the exorcist in about 25 years.
>>
I hate this kino meme, but this movie was it...

Seriously, every detail about the period was correct and it was just a straight up horror story...

No bullshit ghosts, slamming doors etc... Just evil taking over.
>>
>>70836145
it wasn't a horror movie pleb faggot
>>
>>70836241

kill yourself you fucking faggot
you're the reason horror is dead
>>
>>70836170
>>70836202

>horror
>not even scary
just no

>>70836241
It is labeled as such
>>
>>70836145
This movie is literally too deep for you
Kill yourself
>>
>>70836241
It was actually.
You can tell by the very low bass frequencies played throughout the film.
>>
But there were jumpscares, albeit subtler than in most movies. I jumped when BP attacked the father for example.
>>
>>70836315
ur a pussy faggot
>>
>>70836315
Thats about the only jump scare in the movie and I'm ok with that
>>
>>70836288

rosemarys baby isnt scary
the shining isnt scary

both instill a timeless sense of dread that to this day holds up. movies that are "scary" are inherently dated as the first time you watch them, they scare you, and after that are no longer effective.

movies filled with dread invoke a feeling, this can be repeated as the feeling is crafted, not delivered.

this is why the witch is an incredible movie and will hold up through time.

it's also why nobody gives a fuck about the babadook or the conjuring or 28 days later anymore.
>>
>>70836366
This
I got a lot of Shinning vibes from this movie.
I did enjoy the Babadook though even if it was silly
>>
>>70836366
no
>>
>>70836491

sorry you're too pleb and were bored by this horrorkino
>>
>>70836511
sorry you're too reddit to think the shining or rosmarys baby was good in any way.
>>
>>70836366
The directors next movie is a Nosferatu remake
I'm hyped
>>
>>70836574

oh shit

source?
>>
>>70836559
>reddit
And into the trash your opinion goes
>>
>>70836145
This movie requires thought and imagination, if you dont have those things- stick to Insidious-like movies.
>>
>>70836607

>Well, it’s actually not what I’m doing next. I think it seems very disgusting and presumptuous and megalomaniacal and offensive for someone in my position to say they want to do Nosferatu next, so I think that’s why it hit the trades in a big way. I still might do it, but not next. It’s a masterpiece and it really doesn’t objectively need to be done, but I’ve been obsessed with that film since I was a little kid. But, you know, Peter Jackson was obsessed with King Kong and we saw how that turned out.

so not really
>>
>>70836288
You're a dummy
>>
>>70836607
Well I just googled it and hes saying that its not his next movie but he is still open to the idea. The article is from feb though so things might change
>>
>>70836366
>the shining isnt scary
the shining is scary as fuck m8
>>
>>70836241
It's a folk horror movie in the classic sense, exploring humanity's pagan base instincts in an era of widespread devout and zealous Christian piety.
>>
>>70836145
>the witch will be hailed as a masterpiece of horror
It's not as good as The Conjuring or Insidious.
>>
>>70837503

go eat some general tso's , wan
>>
>>70836633
It had nothing on any of the Paranormal Activities
>>
>>70836366
>both instill a timeless sense of dread

Why did I immediately think of Super Hans from Peep Show?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvaszet0-WA

>>70836303
Ditto
>>
>>70836170
ok sure m8
>>
Being contrarian and calling the witch shit is approaching capeshit levels of staleness.

It was a good movie, it was well researched, it avoided jump scares, and focused more on dread.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.