[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I Just Drive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (89 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
89 KB, 1280x720
Why is this considered good neo-noir operator?

Can get past the Driver having no personality as ode to Le Samurai and Man With No Name Trilogy

Only two quick chase scenes (despite being well done)

Woman of Interest has no personality

Ron Pearlman was this mafiaso all along and the main villain without a hint

Simply returning the money is not an option.

Why did Driver wear the mask? Made no sense

Albert Brooks was this psycho all along
>>
>>70830108
Refn = nearly all style and very little substance

Bronson would have been nearly impossible for a director to fuck up, given the fascinating subject matter. And I suppose Valhalla Rising was a good little art film.

The documentary that he made... about himself... was pretty revealing of his vapid character.
>>
>>70830108
Refn is a hack
>>
>>70830296
>Bronson would have been nearly impossible for a director to fuck up, given the fascinating subject matter
not an argument
>>
>>70830331
Take it or leave it, that's how I feel, pal
>>
>>70830296
>>70830310
Fuck off, plebs. The Pusher trilogy is fantastic.
>>
>>70830108
He does have a character though
>>
>>70830108
Why does it have to make sense? It works as a film
>>
>>70830108
Gosling's character is somewhat hollow and boring.
Most of us on this Yanomami sketching stone can identify with that, and the cool music and cinematography makes us feel better about ourselves.
>>
>>70830647
Pfff... If anything, it makes me wanna kill myself because I'm reminded of the fact that I'll never be cool or attractive.
>>
>>70830296
Drive is a great movie but most of that credit goes to Gosling pitching the script on accident and probably the book it was based on. Most of Refn's stuff is really hackish shit.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.