[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was this season so shit? Imo Season 1 and 2 were GOAT but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: poebasqeqs.jpg (39 KB, 363x500) Image search: [Google]
poebasqeqs.jpg
39 KB, 363x500
Why was this season so shit? Imo Season 1 and 2 were GOAT but this? Why did it even exist? Was it a pisstake on purpose?
>>
>>70825899
Tumblr. It's too bad, season 2 was great.
>>
>>70825899

It was good up until the witch hunter shot up the negro salon
>>
>>70825899
All Ryan Murphy series are like this.
>>
>>70825899
I watched half way through season 1 but I hear the rest are shit.

Even my mother who is a fan of horror said the latest season is shit so it must be bad.
>>
>>70825899
Season 1 >pretty dark but a light wink
Season 2 >Really dark and awesome plot
"oh boy season 3 will be about witchcraft in Louisiana this this will awesome and twisted!
Season 3 >Funny Witch Feminism!
JUST
>>
File: TwinPeaks-season-3-poster.jpg (83 KB, 500x714) Image search: [Google]
TwinPeaks-season-3-poster.jpg
83 KB, 500x714
>>70827074
Just wait until the new Twin Peaks series by Based Lynch is out next year.

Kino Horror is back on the menu!
>>
>>70827062

True, I loved Nip/Tuck up until they absolutely botched the Carver twist
>>
>>70825899
Ryan Murphy caught caught up in self indulgence, valuing flash over substance. They didn't have the series fully plotted out so its story was a complete mess. Also, Murphy decided to pander really hard to the gay audience, so we got a lot of bitchy characters making quips
>>
I liked the witches, just hated every black character. Not being racist, they were horrible.
>>
File: american-horror-story-coven-2.jpg (447 KB, 1366x735) Image search: [Google]
american-horror-story-coven-2.jpg
447 KB, 1366x735
>>70825899
They showed a bunch of genuinely creepy imagery of colonial America where the paranoia of witches was the strongest. Then they had the show take place in the present, in a white mansion and had it star: 2 teenage blonde girls, a literal downie, and a giant black woman.

Take a wild guess and how this didn't work.
>>
I'd argue season 1 and 4 are the only ones that didn't absolutely shit the bed halfway through and lose all sense of direction. Coven is the worst offender of that
>>
>>70830255
season 4 shit the bed almost immediately. That season's plot was all over the place
>>
>>70830255
4 got pretty shitty halfway through. The zombie kids were the dumbest thing in the series.
>>
It was good, the rival witch thing was cool. Then they introduced ghosts to the season and ghosts just fuck things up in American Horror Story seasons.
>>
File: ahs-bassett5.jpg (92 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
ahs-bassett5.jpg
92 KB, 900x506
>>70825899
Good call, OP, I literally just finished it and it felt aimless and had absolutely no charm.

>>70830172
I was actually about to say the opening held more promise than the entire season. They could've gone in so many different directions, but everything was so, I don't know, bright and teen oriented. Could've been whimsical and spooky and dark, but no, we needed love triangles and meaningless characters.

>>70829992
Angela Basset was horrible but hot.

>58 years old
>>
>>70827068
>>70827068
At least finish season 2.
Its god tier.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.