[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I finally got around to watching this, and I don't understand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: hateful eight.jpg (68 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
hateful eight.jpg
68 KB, 400x600
So I finally got around to watching this, and I don't understand the hate that /tv/ gave it.

Its pretty damn good, has a very Reservoir Dogs feel which I thought was great. Kurt Russel's acting was really great, a long with everyone else. Admittedly, Samuel L Jackson kind of fell into a cliche role that he usually does, but it was great to see him get blown the fuck out at the end and left helpless.

The scenes were really tense, Kurt Russel finding out the letter was a forgery and looking heart broken really got to me, and I thought Mannix's character had some pretty good development, and I wished he would have survived in the end.
>>
I agree OP, I saw it for the first time yesterday and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it, considering I went in expecting to hate it after the months of bigblackdingusposting I endured last year.

I don't know if it's tarantula's best written film or best acted film, but next to Inglourious Basterds and Reservoir Dogs, it might be his best shot film. Imagine shooting 2 hours worth of footage in that tiny cabin in panavision. You can watch every scene two or three times because half the cast is always on screen.
>>
/tv/ is full of retards and contrarian faggots

Remember they are adults who watch superhero flicks
>>
>>70819461
honestly, I think the dingus scene was taken out of context. he just got done explaining how he baited white men by lying, and then goes over to get revenge because he probably felt bad about lying, so he wanted to shoot some murdering perceived racist.
>>
Yewr a real imaginative nigger mi negro amigo. but are you prepared to murder a man based on a farfetched nigger theory?

ORCANYAPROVEITCABRÃ’N
>>
>>70819564
Lemme ask you a question Bob. When you came strolling into Minnie's Haberdashery, did you notice a sign out the front of the bar that said "No Mexicans or dogs allowed"?
>>
>>70819391
I really liked it.

I absolutely loved the first comfy half, with the slow pacing on the road, the beautiful snowy landscape and Kurt Russel who absolutely dominates the scene.
But then I also hate voice overs and exposition, so all that came after that was kind of meh. I just didnt care about JJL charachter and I thought Channing Tatum was really out of place.

But it's a good movie, dont let anyone tell you it isnt.

This year I 've watched three recent westerns, THH, The Salvation and Bone Tomhawk and they've all been extremely good. Is westernkino coming back?
>>
>>70819564
>Now, I'm calling you a liar

>suddenly Channing Tatum
>>
>>70819596
I agree about Kurt Russel. He needs to do more westerns now that he's older and grizzled. And we had True Grit and 3:10 to Yuma a few years back, along with Assassination of Jesse James. The world needs more westernkino.

Also, the narration was really abrupt and I don't know how to feel about it. I liked it in Assassination of Jesse James, but in this it kind of killed the tension a bit. Almost made it a comical murder mystery.
>>
>>70819643
Loved True Grit. I've to go around to watch it TAOJJ

>Also, the narration was really abrupt and I don't know how to feel about it. I liked it in Assassination of Jesse James, but in this it kind of killed the tension a bit. Almost made it a comical murder mystery.

couldnt say it better.
you seem pretty based anon.
>>
Reddit hates it so I love it
>>
>>70819596

>voice overs and exposition,

seriously, what the fuck was he thinking.
>>
>>70819596
I liked the narration because I didn't realize it was Quentin Tarantino until I looked at the wikipedia page. Now if I had have known that it would have changed things.
Besides, the abruptness is by design, it reminds the audience that you're not watching a conventional western, you're watching a kind of genre bending tarantino western that has elements of comedy and mystery as well as conventional western elements like gunfights, tension, the period setting and excessive violence.
>>
>>70819767
I guess, but it really wasn't needed. It felt plenty Tarantino from the dialogue. He could have done it better tongue in cheek without the narration, where I could tell in the second chapter he had it in was Tarantino himself.
>>
it's too drawn out, the narration is laughable and most of the characters are not interesting at all while the violence is portrayed like shit (just like every cucktino joint)
>>
>eyahbraham lincoln?
>THE aybrahayum linken?
>the prezideynt of the yoo-nited staytes?
>of americuh?
>wrote you a letter?
>personally?
>Dear Mar-kwess, Aybrahayyam Linkon, duh prez-i-dent ava yewnited stayates of uhmerika!
>May I see it?
>>
>>70819906
Based Boyd. Poor Kurt Russel though.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.