[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you become so shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9
File: muh alienpocalypse.png (23 KB, 512x532) Image search: [Google]
muh alienpocalypse.png
23 KB, 512x532
How do you become so shit?
>>
Jews
>>
it's not exactly easy to make good shows about history without Netflix or HBOs budget.
>>
People rather watch Pawn Stars for hours on end than a documentary on anything
>>
Reality television was the worst thing to ever happen to tv
>>
It mirrors CourtTV perfectly
>>
I watched a little bit of Barbarians Rising today.

Anyone?
>>
>turn on History Channel

>pawn shops
>retards doing shitty blue collar jobs
>conspiracy theories about aliens

every fucking time
on the rare moments when there's an actually history related show it's great, though
>>
>>70816138
I fucking miss CourtTV, I used to watch that at my grandma's house during Christmas.
>>
>>70816185
They have Vikings. And uh. Yeah.
>>
Nielson ratings
>>
>>70815795
They could buy them off the BBC like they used to. There's no shame in that, just have 24 hours a day of WW2 documentaries with your occasional middle ages shit. Throw in some R. Lee Ermey playing with guns for variety.
Is that too much to ask?
>>
>>70816250
If they were shooting for those, they shouldn't have started a documentary channel to begin with. They could easily fund some conspiracy channel (I think they do have those) or throw all the garbage on History 2.
But then, it's not like Discovery and Nat Geo are any better.
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 600x810) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 600x810
>>70816312
>tfw Mail Call will never come back
Why do I even bother with cable anymore?
>>
>>70816239
>a drama
Cool.
>>
>>70816339
Isn't that on the military channel? I haven't watched that shit in years.
>>
>>70816352
It was on History Channel but reruns play on Military Channel (which it, Science and Smithsonian channels are some of the few good ones left).
>>
>>70816334
They started a documentary channel because they were under the naive delusion that they could fund operations in perpetuity with a subscription fee managed by service providers. When they started sliding outside of mainstream consumption and started appearing in secondary channel tiers, they started appealing to dumb rednecks so they could remain in the top 20 channels so EVERYONE who has cable subscribes to their service.
>>
What the fuck does Top Gear USA have to do with goddamn History?
Fuck you, Time Warner or whoever owns this crap. I don't want to know the secret story of Jesus.
>>
>>70815296
Put middle aged women in charge.
Women hate learning and they really hate history.

Look what they did to TLC.
Then they ruined the History Channel with reality shows.
>>
>>70815296
People stopped watching their history shows so they had to either put something new up or go off the air. Blame society if you have to blame someone
>>
File: Mike-Wolfe.jpg (86 KB, 415x415) Image search: [Google]
Mike-Wolfe.jpg
86 KB, 415x415
I'M MIKE WOLFE
>>
File: 1459096291656.jpg (432 KB, 709x1000) Image search: [Google]
1459096291656.jpg
432 KB, 709x1000
>>70816440
>the secret story of Jesus
>>
>>70816474
Comfy show. This and Modern marvels
>>
>>70816474
Are those two... you know, like, you know?
>>
>>70816474

He and Frank are unbelievably obnoxious but the show still manages to have a cozy atmosphere.

And I like reading the Yelp reviews of how shitty their two stores are and how Danielle's store is better.
>>
>>70816448
>History Channel: Now conspiracies, random dudes doing their jobs, rednecks, with a little Hitler sprinkled in, "Muh History is made every day."
>Discovery: Rednecks in Alaska
>TLC: The Freaks channel. Midget housewives, morbidly obese people, hoarders, addicts, etc.
>TruTV was never good but the fucking gall of these people to name their channel "True" and fill it with scripted "reality" shows
>Animal Planet: Dudes building treehouses, fishtanks, and shit. New slogan is "surprisingly human"

Fuck reality shows. Completely ruined television. If I could go back in time I'd make sure Survivor and The Real World never fucking aired so this cancer wouldn't exist.
>>
>>70816494
>>70816557
That show is gay and lame. Fuck you guys.

>HURRDURR LET'S MAKE A SHOW ABOUT TWO DWEEBS DRIVING AROUND AND BUYING JUNK
>>
>>70816577
Duck Dynasty is pretty dope tho
>>
>>70816577
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYb0-HW1VFo

Seriously I can't hang with any guy who watches any reality show. I give women a pass because they can just watch other women they don't know gossip for 7 hours
>>
>>70816617
I don't get the appeal. It's not real. It's just a poorly acted and scripted show about a redneck family who makes duck calls. What the fuck is the point of watching it? Other than that, A&E's programming is decent though.
>>
File: image.png (401 KB, 638x478) Image search: [Google]
image.png
401 KB, 638x478
>>70816577
>that treehouse shit on Animal Planet of all places despite having absolutely nothing to do with animals
>tfw it comes on after a really good documentary on sharks or african predators
WHY THE FUCK ISN'T THIS GARBAGE ON HGTV INSTEAD?
I HATE HOME BUILDING SHOWS SO FUCKING MUCH, HOW CAN PEOPLE BE SO FASCINATED BY THE SAME EPISODES OF COUPLES GOING THROUGH THREE HOMES AND PICKING ONE TO LIVE IN OR RENOVATE?
>>
>>70816577
waht is natgeo even doing these days? Science is doing reality shit about taxidermy
>>
>>70816577
The only good program truTV has is Impractical Jokers, and even that has probably run its course.
>>
>>70816622
My fucking sides, I swear every reality show has the same fucking script of having some pro dealing with his team of strangely incompetent employees that he could just fire.
>>
>>70816622
I'll say this, at least the reality shows that are obviously geared towards white dudes have mostly respectable human beings on them, (Sons of Guns being a major fucking exception), and occasionally they do something mildly interesting. The ones for women and black people are insanely degenerate and retarded though. Whoever the showrunners for, "Mobwives", or, "Real Housewives of ______", are, they deserve a kick in the balls.
>>
Can he save it?
>>
>>70816731
I think they're slurping up whatever "Alaskan ____", shows Discovery doesn't want. That, Taboo, and the show up mid-level drug dealers with masks.
>>70816748
I give that show a pass because I like those guys and it's funny.
>>70816682
Currenty on Animal Planet: Yukon Men.
>>
>>70816875
Tha show is pretty much a clusterfuck where you learn a few interesting facts and the guests make quips about the subject. Better than six straight hours of Pawn Stars I guess. The best thing History has going for them are the live action mini series they've been doing.
>>
The impact of reality TV mixed with the allure of AMC style shows...watch as these THREE AMAZING ______ ENDURE _____ ON THE EDGE...it's life or death and the odds are against them....Season 1: The Introduction to Hell and Beyond....will they make it? Well, yeah because all the actors signed on for a three season deal...

It's like someone pitched: what if we create semi-reality characters; we know Walter White is Cranston...but this mountain man...who knows him? We can pay him less, work him harder, and profit more because nobody really questions the output...we just say "yeah he's been alone in the wilderness for three years" and the audience says "wow, really?"...I hope this actor--I mean--mountain man--makes it across "death hill" before season one ends!!! STAY TUNED!!!

I miss programs about outer space, nature (not PREDATORS UNLEEEASHED), and the world around us in general...at one time TLC and History were pretty informative...Animal Planet too...fuck "top 10 insanely dangerous flesh eating bacteria"....reminds me of MTV without any videos...why do you exist, exactly? NatGeo is probably the last channel trying to educate...
>>
File: 1394435192823.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1394435192823.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
>>70815296
>>
>History channel
>all realty shows about family bussiness
>the very few """"hitory""""" shows are about WW2

Fucking Americans
>>
>>70815296
they stopped being the hitler channel and became the aliesn and fat fuck murricas selling things channel
>>
>>70817539
original History channel was actually watchable before it became the Hitler channel. But that's only because they were re-airing programs from A&E and the Biography Channel.
>>
>>70816185
>retards doing shitty blue collar jobs

I find that comfy and makes me feel superior
>>
File: smug jem.png (26 KB, 133x94) Image search: [Google]
smug jem.png
26 KB, 133x94
>>70817442
what the hell is a hitory show?
>>
>>70816794
>I'll say this, at least the reality shows that are obviously geared towards white dudes have mostly respectable human beings on them
You're a fucking moron, that comprises 80% of those shitshows and it's always scumbags trying to act nice in front of the camera and failing hilariously at it. You're exactly the demographic this avalanche of shit is geared towards.
>>
>>70815296
When you get shit rating you get really desperate.
>>
>>70818427
I believe he meant "hitlery" show, like the channel used to be.
>>
File: 1465557098882.jpg (260 KB, 970x937) Image search: [Google]
1465557098882.jpg
260 KB, 970x937
>>70817574
Come on anon. Don't you want to know that Hitler was secretly a drug addled fag and that's why he killed the kikes.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.