[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think the movis Monster Squad was at all inspired/pitched
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: paavpdqsbtggtmn4smxs.png (2 MB, 1596x1116) Image search: [Google]
paavpdqsbtggtmn4smxs.png
2 MB, 1596x1116
Do you think the movis Monster Squad was at all inspired/pitched based on the success of Stephen King's IT?

>IT
>comes out in 1986
>story about a team of preteen losers
>set in a small, seemingly idyllic town
>kids discover a supernatural presence is at work in the town
>supernatural presence takes the form of Dracula, a mummy, the wolfman, the Creature from the Black Lagoon, and Frankenstein

>Monster Squad
>comes out in 1987
>story about a team of preteen losers
>set in a small, seemingly idyllic town
>kids discover a supernatural presence is at work in the town
>kids fight the actual Dracula, mummy, Creature from the Black Lagoon, and a wolfman, but Frankenstein teams up with them to fight the others

Just saying, there seem to be a lot of aesthetic similarities, even if the tones, themes, and plots diverge otherwise
>>
>>70806189

Probably, Monster Squad dunks on IT from half court though.
>>
>>70806189
do you think IT was pitched based on the success of Silver Bullet?
>>
>>70806189
yep.
the protagonist even wears a "Stephen King Rules" t-shirt
>>
>>70806189

Someone said: "What if they'd fought the actual Dracula and Frankenstein and those guys?"

Yeah. So? It's hardly Deep Impact/Armageddon and whatnot.
>>
>>70806189

>The scene where Dracula lifts Phoebe up and she screams was done in one take. Duncan Regehr wouldn't wear his red contacts or fangs around the five year old Ashley Bank because it scared her too much. For the scene, director Fred Dekker just told Ashley to scream once the platform raised her. When she asked, "When?" Dekker told her, "Oh, you'll know," and proceeded to shoot. The terrified scream you hear when Dracula opens his eyes is Ashley's genuine scream of fright.

Nice
>>
OK.

I'm gonna have to download this shit. Been too long.
>>
Did this flick also have a child gangbang scene?
>>
>>70807254

Nah, but there is a hilarious scene where they needed a virgin to finish an incantation and it fizzles and the bitch is like "I didn't think that would count!"
>>
Well, hold up. IT came out in September of 1986. Monster Squad came out in August of 1987. That's a span of ten months. So, that means, in order for the movie to have been inspired by Stephen King's book, that means the script needed to be thought up and written, bought/approved by a studio, pre-production started and finished, shooting starting and finished, and editing started and finished, all in ten months.

That seems like a short space to cram all that in.
>>
>>70806241

They're both good, preteen gangbangs in a filthy sewer notwithstanding.
>>
>>70807560

King confirmed for thieving hack, James Cameron all over again.
>>
All I know is, after seeing this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWxyRG_tckY

I want Warner Brothers. to shelve their IT movie reboot and sell the rights to Netflix. Because a Netflix miniseries in this vein would be perfect for that adaptation, way more than a movie would be.
>>
>>70807693

That IT series with fukunaga is DOA, fucking execs wouldn't let him have free reign so he peaced out
>>
>>70807723

Yeah, but didn't they announce a new director after that? Also, just further evidence they should hand it over to Netflix, they clearly don't know what the fuck they're doing with that property.
>>
File: ritual_of_chud_by_monstah[1].jpg (189 KB, 1170x1051) Image search: [Google]
ritual_of_chud_by_monstah[1].jpg
189 KB, 1170x1051
I'm not sure IT is truly filmable. So much of that story takes place in the heads of its characters. Though it would be nice to see the Ritual of Chud get a big budget CGI treatment. And I like the idea of it being updated so the past story is set in the 80s and the present story is set now.

What monsters would kids of the 80s see IT as? Jason? The Xenomorph? The blob?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.