[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this worth watching?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
Is this worth watching?
>>
>>70804831
That depends, how pleb are you?
>>
>>70804861
I thought There Will Be Blood wasn't boring
>>
>>70804894
what does this mindset even mean? the assassin is great and you should watch it regardless
>>
>>70805037
Found the pleb
>>
>>70805037
Most plebs on /tv/ think it's boring
>>
>>70804831
If you want to waste 90 minutes of your lfie watching utter nonsense that looks decent (it doens't look great, fuck off, it looks decent) I suppose.

Should just rewatch Hero again if I were you.
>>
>>70805037
>what does this mindset even mean?
Ive seen alot of people on /tv/ call it boring or say they fell asleep or 'nothing happens'. I enjoyed it however
>>
Millenium Mambo was better
>>
>>70804894
TWBB is pleb trash so its fine
>>
>>70804831
It is.
>>
>>70805114
>I enjoyed it however
you are a pleb
>>
>>70805191
Why?
>>
>>70805220
you enjoyed pleb trash = you are a pleb
>>
>>70805114
>>70805062
i meant what does tolerating TWBB have to do with it? The Assassin isn't really constructed similarly
>>
If you're in a meditative mood and just soak in the movie it's great.
>>
It was okay. The female assassin is top tier qt.

>tfw no qt assassin gf
>>
its comfy but it tries a little too hard and the narrative structure is done in a somewhat convulted (but still understandable) way that is easily misconstrued by fake cinephiles as a pleb filter.

it still is, but for mostly the wrong reasons. more like an extreme a.d.d filter. which should be ok, except again, trying a little too hard and to an unnecessary extent.

reading the reviews is fucking hilarious though. more like a pseudo-filter tbqh, the reviews themselves reminded me of maps to the stars; "hurrr i kinda liked it because im supposed to but not really and can't articulate why"
>>
>>70804831

it's like valhalla rising: fucking amazing for the first viewing, and then afterwards you can use it as kind of "cinema white noise" to put you to sleep at night.
>>
>>70806408
Good post no memes
>>
People try to kill each other for no reason
Very pretty to look at though
>>
>>70806632
You didn't get it.
>>
>>70806652
Go away Triple H
If the producers had had your way we wouldn't have even got the opening intertitle explaining the setting
>>
It looks good but it's boring.
Critics like it because it tries to represent visually what the character is feeling but that means there's a lot of nothing happening.

Certainly not as bad as Goodbye, Dragon Inn which is literally watching an empty theater.
>>
one of HHH's weakest effort, despite the cool subject matter.
>>
I never fully understood what was going on so I was bored through most of it
And I liked Stray Dogs
>>
The title contains the word "ass" not once but twice. Is the film worthy of it's implication? Or will I be disapointed?
>>
>>70804861
>>70805059
>>70805062
>>70805156
>>70805191
>>70805276
People like you, who judge people/audiences instead of movies should be banned, then murdered. You are the cancer of this board.
>>
Great visuals, piss poor characters. Its worth a watch.
>>
>>70806408
I love the movie, but mostly understand your criticisms of it/the audience. What do you mean by trying to hard though? Like overly slow?
>>
>>70807043
A bit pleb of you to say so
>>
trash
>>
>>70806586
>comfy
>not a /v/ meme
>>
>>70806786
Goobye, Dragon Inn is one of this century's greatest film. How fucking pleb are you?
>>
>>70807712
I think what he meant was that it was deliberately made opaque
>>
>>70808570
this.

- guy who made that post
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.