[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So if you want to buy an old movie: do you buy the newest format
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: vhs.gif (60 KB, 405x500) Image search: [Google]
vhs.gif
60 KB, 405x500
So if you want to buy an old movie: do you buy the newest format of the movie? (DVD Bluray)

or do you buy the format it came in? (VHS, for example)

sounds stupid, but Im genuinely curious. since watching something in VHS often will give a more authentic experience to watching it back then.
>>
>>70804003
VHS was not the kind of quality filmmakers intended their movies to be viewed in.
>>
I download the Bluray rip
>>
>>70804003
What would I do if I wanted to watch The Passion of Joan of Arc?
>>
>>70804003
It all depends on the movie, the quality of the transfer and what you want to spend.
>sounds stupid, but Im genuinely curious. since watching something in VHS often will give a more authentic experience to watching it back then.
Really dumb. VHS wasn't a big thing until the 80's, and people watched movies in theaters too.
>>
yes the best way to watch lawrence of arabia is on vhs.
>>
do you guys still have a VHS player? Mine started eating tapes like 12 years ago and never bought one since
>>
>>70804003
for music i like to get the old records, but for movies i get the dvd/bluray combo pack if possible. if not possible, i steal it online
>>
Avoid VHS unless it's the only format. Make a digital copy as soon as you can. Tape is a terrible medium for quality and longevity.
Analog video and audio on tape does not equate to analog audio on vinyl.
>>
>>70804003
I'll buy most movies on dvd. I'll only buy blu ray if it's a new movie or if it's one of those visually striking movies like 2001 or blade runner.
>>
>>70804191
I still have one sitting somewhere.
>>
>>70804003
Aside from shitty shot on video movies, the "format it came in" is most often 35 mm film. You sound like a retard.
>>
File: micky fucking mouse m8.jpg (114 KB, 512x730) Image search: [Google]
micky fucking mouse m8.jpg
114 KB, 512x730
>>70804003
wtf are you talking about? you torrent it, moron.

if you wanna buy do it once, pick a format, make sure your money is going to the current rights holder.
after that feel free require the media in the most convenient and highest fidelity content accessible.

copyright is a scam, don't get bamboozled.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.