[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: UK-Quad-Mono-72dpi.jpg (2 MB, 2880x2160) Image search: [Google]
UK-Quad-Mono-72dpi.jpg
2 MB, 2880x2160
What happened?
>>
Honestly, it's a great Bond flick until it falls apart in the third act.

I think they tried too hard to emulate Skyfall and gave the villain a personal vendetta against Bond even if it ended up making no sense whatsoever. They also weren't sure if Craig was coming back, so they had to quickly tie up his series (which is why Seydoux falls in love with him after knowing him for two days) but still leave it open for him to potentially return.
>>
>script leaks
>literally everyone says its awful
>delay movie to fix ending
>its still awful
i blame it on the producers
>>
>>70797660
IT WAS ME
>>
>Well now we know what the C stands for
>Careless.
>>
>>70798284
DEE AUETUREEE

OF ALLYIVER PAYNE
>>
File: bond girls laughing.jpg (49 KB, 565x430) Image search: [Google]
bond girls laughing.jpg
49 KB, 565x430
>craig
>bond
>>
>>70799064
>>>/global/rules/10

http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/bond%20girls%20laughing/
>>
>>70799064
>James bond?
>I'm MI5
>>
>>70799064
They are not laughing.
>>
>>70799096

How could you possibly call that spamming?
>>
File: spectre.jpg (182 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
spectre.jpg
182 KB, 1920x1080
>It was me, James...the author: Aval Yr-Payne
Did anyone understand this part? Who is this guy?
>>
>>70799216
>Who is this guy?
King Schultz.
>>
>>70799186
It's literally spamming and autism.
>>
File: Spectre.jpg (857 KB, 5760x2424) Image search: [Google]
Spectre.jpg
857 KB, 5760x2424
>>70797660
Not as good as Skyfall, but still a decent Bond movie.

7/10
>>
1) treating it as the "last" bond story but in a half-assed way because they were hedging their bets on whether or not craig would come back. the original ending was bond killing blofeld and definitively retiring, and you can see how the story was building up to that and how removing it was a huge anticlimax and made everything feel kind of pointless

2) stalled attempts to introduce the spectre organization in the previous craig bonds and the aforementioned last-bond-adventure-but-not-really angle meant that both the build up and resolution to blofeld and spectre was confused and unsatisfying.

3) the horribly ill-conceived new backstory for blofeld. bond in the movies is essentially an arc-less character and that's the appeal -- what matters is the mission he's on NOW, not what happened to him in the past. i get that they were trying to do something new and that the previous craig bonds and had a stricter sense of movie-to-movie continuity and tried to flesh out the character a bit more but going full bore into these ideas simply changed too much of what makes bond bond. it wasn't interesting, nobody watched the mystery plot of spectre unfold and thought OH MY GOD THAT'S REALLY BLOFELD? AND HE'S KINDA-SORTA BOND'S ADOPTED BROTHER? this would be like introducing the terminator's mother and having the plot revolve around her.

those are the big things as i see them and then obviously there's just the general stupid nature of the writing, sam mendes being a bad director and a worse fit for bond, etc.
>>
>>70799715
even the best shots look bland, what a drab-looking movie
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.